KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Latest: Wikileaks confirms approach from Trump campaign

The editor of Wikileaks is confirming that the group was approached by a data firm working for President Donald Trump’s campaign during the 2016 election.

Julian Assange says on Twitter that Cambridge Analytica reached out to his group prior to last November, but Wikileaks rejected the company’s “approach.”

Curious to see what people who called the DNC's opposition research a criminal conspiracy will make of this.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Latest: Wikileaks confirms approach from Trump campaign

Curious to see what people who called the DNC's opposition research a criminal conspiracy will make of this.

In the CNN article I read the story came from unnamed source which these days we know are questionable especially from CNN and then it admitted they didn't know if it was before or after Trump hired them. The firm was pro-Trump to begin with so they made have asked for them before they worked for the campaign. Also it show that it was not the Trump Campaign working with the Russians who hacked Hillary's E-mails or her Campaign managers, they would not need to ask for them if they had.

CNN is trying to make something out of this that it is not.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In the CNN article I read the story came from unnamed source which these days we know are questionable

I believe you're confused. The WaPo story about the DNC funding part of the Steele dossier was from an anonymous source. The source for the article in the OP is in, well, the OP. I even quoted it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe you're confused. The WaPo story about the DNC funding part of the Steele dossier was from an anonymous source. The source for the article in the OP is in, well, the OP. I even quoted it.

I read it on CNN earlier this afternoon, I don't see it there now. They may have been quoting your source.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL - click the link and here is the headline

Yes. If you check the times you'll notice things were added after I posted. Your point?

I guess no one wants to talk about what's actually being reported, but instead complain about CNN or additional news which happened afterwards. That's interesting given how much those same posters want to talk about Clinton being a criminal for doing exactly the same thing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status