Wife Warned He'd Be Murdered If Deported. He Was

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,557.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Juan Coronilla-Guerrero's wife told a federal judge that her husband would be murdered if he was forced to return to Mexico, the birthplace he'd fled because of gang violence. And he was—perhaps by the very people he'd hoped to evade. Deported three months ago after federal agents took him into custody for entering the country illegally, Coronilla-Guerrero was found dead of gunshot wounds on the side of a road in San Luis de la Paz in Mexico's Guanajuato state on Sept. 13, reports the Austin American-Statesman.

His wife warned he'd be murdered if he was deported to Mexico--and he was

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...more details:

On Sept. 12, four armed men burst into a house in San Luis de la Paz in central Mexico looking for the 28-year-old married father. The gunmen went to the bedroom where Coronilla-Guerrero was sleeping with his young son, jammed a pistol to his temple and took him away. “Don’t worry, my love. Don’t worry,” he told his son before disappearing, according to an account in the Austin American-Statesman.

He said deportation would kill him. His body was found in Mexico this week.

The article goes on to note ICE detained him after he appeared in court to account for two prior charges--marijuana possession and family violence. Under the Trump administration, ICE has been hanging out in courtrooms, hospitals, schools, churches etc...places that previously were considered off limits for illegal immigration enforcement.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His family members made him a felon when they called the police to arrest him that day he committed the act of family domestic violence...

...His own family threw him under the bus.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
His family members made him a felon when they called the police to arrest him that day he committed the act of family domestic violence...

...His own family threw him under the bus.

And reading more of the article, this is the second time he has been deported after being here illegally.

"Coronilla-Guerrero had been deported before, in 2008, but eventually made his way back to the U.S. and was working for a construction company in Buda when he was arrested for the misdemeanors."

It looks like he was found dead along with six others on the road. Very sad situation for the family.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a sad situation for sure...however, given the details behind the story, sounds like the deportation was the result of a domestic violence charge. (and not the first one).

When things like this happen, it becomes difficult to know who's being legit and who's crying wolf when they say "you can't send them back, they'll be murdered" as I wouldn't be surprised if that excuse was used rather regularly when trying to resist deportation.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And reading more of the article, this is the second time he has been deported after being here illegally.

"Coronilla-Guerrero had been deported before, in 2008, but eventually made his way back to the U.S. and was working for a construction company in Buda when he was arrested for the misdemeanors."

It looks like he was found dead along with six others on the road. Very sad situation for the family.
Immigration deported him and he got killed. That is sad both for him and his family, especially his children.

What has been done about the construction company that hired him? Would he and his family have come here to work in the fields? Maybe, maybe not. Many would not come here if they couldn't get jobs in construction, at resorts, etc.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sad. This poor man escaped Mexico for a reason. Just like many others. But it's not like Conservative Christians care anyway. I thought we were supposed to be good to foreigners.

(Shrugs) I think people can care about the law, and the people also. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Personally, I would like to know more about the circumstances. There are many holes left out. I do feel for his family - including his children. I would for feel for them under any circumstance though. No one deserves that type of death, and yet it happens everyday all across this globe. Depending on the group who killed him? They could have had ties here in the states, and it could have happened here as well. Gangs and cartels have ties all over the place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sad. This poor man escaped Mexico for a reason. Just like many others. But it's not like Conservative Christians care anyway. I thought we were supposed to be good to foreigners.

Why did he go somewhere that he knew people were after him? Was he known across the whole country? I doubt it.

...Even if he was, why didn't he hop Mexico's southern border, and go there?

Upvote 0