Wife wants me to move out. Unequally Yoked, blessing or sadness ?

nnmmnn01

Aug 24, 2019
fort myers
✟8,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have been separated about 4 months now. My Wife is a Catholic and I am a Christian, born again. We are unequally yoked and the bible says "the believer cannot leave, but if the unbeliever wants out that is OK in scripture. My wife goes to church and I'm sure she is praying about this as well as I. The problem is she also talks to divorced friends, divorced relatives, psychiatrist, counselors. None not one has mentioned reconciliation (forgiveness)

I pray about this everyday and the Holy Spirit gives me comfort. I love my wife very much but she has an unforgiving spirit. When i bring that up it starts an argument.

I believe the divorce will follow quickly once i leave.

No children involved as we married latter in life. We had 21 great years together.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have been separated about 4 months now. My Wife is a Catholic and I am a Christian, born again. We are unequally yoked and the bible says "the believer cannot leave, but if the unbeliever wants out that is OK in scripture. My wife goes to church and I'm sure she is praying about this as well as I. The problem is she also talks to divorced friends, divorced relatives, psychiatrist, counselors. None not one has mentioned reconciliation (forgiveness)

I pray about this everyday and the Holy Spirit gives me comfort. I love my wife very much but she has an unforgiving spirit. When i bring that up it starts an argument.

No children involved as we married latter in life. We had 21 great years together.

The internet gives the worst advice.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are unequally yoked and the bible says "the believer cannot leave, but if the unbeliever wants out that is OK in scripture. My wife goes to church and I'm sure she is praying about this as well as I.
You realize that is a contradiction. If she is going to church and praying about things she is not an unbeliever.

The problem is she also talks to divorced friends, divorced relatives, psychiatrist, counsellors. None not one has mentioned reconciliation (forgiveness)
What have you done that she needs to forgive you for? Also nothing wrong in seeing a counsellor, that sounds like a good thing to be doing.

I love my wife very much but she has an unforgiving spirit. When i bring that up it starts an argument.

That is good, but does she know that you love her? And what exactly do you bring up? That she has an unforgiving spirit? I can see how saying that would cause an argument.

But you are the believer so you can't leave.

Sorry if I don't sound to be on your side, but I think you are leaving out some important information. What caused this separation 4 months ago? Maybe I am way off base but I am getting the feeling you did something, this caused a split and that you need her forgiveness over it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He doesn't forgive?
No He does not, He holds us accountable for that. "they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them." (Romans1:32) We can be forgiven for the things we do. The problem is when we approve of sin in others. I have a nephew that does not talk to me because his wife has a nephew that is gay and I do not give them my approval for that. I find it repulsive and I tell them that. For them it is a deal breaker that i do not heartily approve of their sin and transgression. The funny thing is the double standard. They want ME to be tolerant of them, but they are NOT willing to be tolerant of me. They are not willing to extend to me the same consideration they want me to extend to them. So it is pretty much a dog chasing his own tale because they are judging me for what they are guilty of doing.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Set up an appointment with her priest and her.
I did that with my first wife. The priest advised her to divorce me. 6 months after that he got a divorce from his wife. Then 6 months after that he died from Aids. My brother was pretty upset about it because that was the priest in his church.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No He does not, He holds us accountable for that. "they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them." (Romans1:32) We can be forgiven for the things we do. The problem is when we approve of sin in others. I have a nephew that does not talk to me because his wife has a nephew that is gay and I do not give them my approval for that. I find it repulsive and I tell them that. For them it is a deal breaker that i do not heartily approve of their sin and transgression. The funny thing is the double standard. They want ME to be tolerant of them, but they are NOT willing to be tolerant of me. They are not willing to extend to me the same consideration they want me to extend to them. So it is pretty much a dog chasing his own tale because they are judging me for what they are guilty of doing.

You'll come around and stop calling your family members repulsive. It's took me decades to wake up. If you have not been personally hit on by your nephew fondling you, then wouldn't you be evaluating him based on appearances? If even that?

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Proverbs 31
If you open your mouth, then judge righteously and defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Titus 3
2 To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Matthew 7
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

James 4
11 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

James 4
12 There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 2
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

Ephesians 4
29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Romans 14
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

John 8
7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

James 1
26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Luke 6
31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

1 John 3
17 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it is pretty much a dog chasing his own tale because they are judging me for what they are guilty of doing.

I think you started judging others first. And they are not loving your judging others, especially family. Have you considered that if you were molested as a child, you might have sexual issues yourself? Sexual attraction is pretty deep. It's not a decision made lightly, like choosing a pizza topping.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you started judging others first.
Looks like you want to take another lap around the mayberry tree. My father served our community for over 50 years as a pediatrician. You need a PhD to evaluate a person for sexual abuse. It is not my job or my place to judge anyone because I am not qualified. My brother has a PhD in Psychology and he is qualified to do an evaluation like that. This is a serious issue. 20% of children are investigated for abuse. I am sure there are degrees from slight to extreme. We can look at the sex offenders in our neighborhood to do a quick evaluation of them. If you have a 19 year old that got involved with a 15 year old that is a big difference then someone that has a sex slave locked up in a shed in their back yard. Even though they are both the same label.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexual attraction is pretty deep.
There is attraction but there is also repulsion. If they want people to understand what they are attracted to then they should understand what normal people find to be repulsive.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have not been personally hit
People would get hurt if they were to do something like that to me. My response to that would be to start swinging. I would not even think about it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People would get hurt if they were to do something like that to me. My response to that would be to start swinging. I would not even think about it.

I've never had to swing my fist at any person in 50 some years.
It's just not needed. Once I threw my brother across the room, but I made sure he landed on his bed.

Upvote 0