Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two more blessings, Jeff! She wasn't bit and now you can have some yummy soup!

Crock Pot Rattlesnake Stew Recipe

Unfortunately, not many takers, so no reviews. Hopefully it just "tastes like chicken"! :-0

I brought a container of soup to my sister in law on Sunday who just had surgery. I had labelled it "Cabbage Mole Soup", not being too careful with the spelling of mole' (a Mexican dark sauce) because at the time I had frozen it I wasn't expecting to give it away. My husband receives a call from his sister who says, "that chilli was pretty zippy. It was really good. I know Endeaveror loves the outdoors and all, but she didn't really put a mole in that soup, did she?"

I was EXTREMELY impressed that she took any bites of it. What a good sport she is!!

• Haha
Reactions: OK Jeff
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely was poisonous. I destroyed it so it would not come in contact with another human being again.
Good thing I dont live around snakes then.....else CF would not of been honored with any of my wisdom.....

• Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the OP's Mrs.: whatever he says, don't trust him! (You remember what happened the last time...!
full
)
snake, serpent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good thing I dont live around snakes then.....else CF would not of been honored with any of my wisdom.....
As long as you don't "lie in wait" under rocks, you should be okay.
Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves..."

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did the serpent have to die? Do you believe it was poisonous?
It was a rattle snake. Of course it was poisonous.

Looks like a Western Diamondback rattler.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why did the serpent have to die? Do you believe it was poisonous? could of made a nice pet....

You would have to go through a up top the mountain training class before you could live up here safely.

Also for the novice ones -- stay away from churches that practice snake-handling. A famous one of those snake-handling pastors was bitten and died a while back. Sin will catch you.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You would have to go through a up top the mountain training class before you could live up here safely.

Also for the novice ones -- stay away from churches that practice snake-handling. A famous one of those snake-handling pastors was bitten and died a while back. Sin will catch you.

M-Bob
God would protect me in my ignorance.....wouldnt He? Maybe a different story if I decided to play with them knowing that they were poisonous........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looked like a cool garden snake to me......mice would never make it in the house with them around....
Backward thinking. No mice=no snakes. Cats keep mice away (and snakes). Abundant prey brings abundant predators. Also consider, one snake will eat about one mouse per week. They reproduce faster than that.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You never had a situation where you were doing something that was dangerous or was making others sick, yet no hard came to you.......and you stopped doing it after finding out about the dangers? Ever drove a car, just to have it break down at your destination's parking spot, and was told you dont know how you were able to drive this long in the state it was in?

I've bought some of the best peaches I've ever tasted one day.......was hiding some from my family because i wanted to eat most of them myself.......Got down to the last one pretty quickly just to receive a mail stating not to eat the peached...throw them away....possible poisoning...... I still threw away the last peach...althought I knew I would be protected from any poisoning in the first ten I ate....

But This is only for those that believe.....if one doesnt....I would suggest doing everything possible to protect yourself from unseen dangers.

This Posters Wife could have been protected as well.....She didnt have to see the snake before the snake saw her....or spoke to her......or before she stepped on it......

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Backward thinking. No mice=no snakes. Cats keep mice away (and snakes). Abundant prey brings abundant predators. Also consider, one snake will eat about one mouse per week. They reproduce faster than that.
Ever seen the teeth on a cat? Their claws of death waiting to scar your face?

This thread is getting to serious for me.....I thought I could take the hanger out my shirt in this section. I might as well go back to the debating forums.....

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever seen the teeth on a cat? Their claws of death waiting to scar your face?

This thread is getting to serious for me.....I thought I could take the hanger out my shirt in this section. I might as well go back to the debating forums.....
Not personally familiar with any deaths related to a cat scratch.

Upvote 0