Wife of Police officer tries to frame Black Lives Matter Supporters of the Robbing home

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Police: Wife of Millbury Cop Faked Robbery, Vandalism of Own Home
The wife of a Millbury police officer is accused of faking a robbery and vandalizing the couple’s own home.

Police say on October 17 Maria Daly reported a burglary at the family home, saying jewelry and money had been stolen. She also reportedly said her house was tagged with graffiti that appeared to reference the Black Lives Matter movement.
Oh wait, never mind...

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Boy, if people weren't so scared of what minorities actually say being true, perhaps they could look at this article, and piece together how this relates to institutional racism, and other forms of extreme exploitative prejudice in America.

For example, if America was a fair and just nation to all people, why is there a culture of blaming black men for crimes they didn't commit? Why is this culture acceptable to the point that resources are spent trying to prosecute the innocent, while the accuser is investigated only after the fact (of embarrassment and wasted money/man power)?

Maybe, then, the learned student of social issues would be able to piece together why such an entity like BLM must articulate their worth through demonstration. Or, why people are in uproar seeing police kill people on camera.

I doubt it; these forums have definitely changed my outlook on people and the "non-judgmental, forgiving and loving" nature of Christianity.

The real thing that perturbs me is that this will not get the attention and discussion it deserves - especially considering I know several CF members who have asserted America, and Americans aren't disproportionately racist toward blacks and other minorities. Something like the OP is non existent to many CF members alone who I can actually name. I remember reading in awe people saying there is no such thIng as institutional racism.

I could ramble forever... it is a shame this thread may only get views and responses from the "Choir."

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Another sad thing is the people talking about a pattern of minorities lying about racism are tight-lipped about stories like this. They blare any and all hoax stories and argue that it is a trend; however, if they actually looked at the stories regarding racial hoaxes, a vast majority (as much as 70%) refer to a black assailant that does not exist as we saw in this case, the Ashley Todd case, even going back to Susan Smith in the 1990s.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another sad thing is the people talking about a pattern of minorities lying about racism are tight-lipped about stories like this. They blare any and all hoax stories and argue that it is a trend; however, if they actually looked at the stories regarding racial hoaxes, a vast majority (as much as 70%) refer to a black assailant that does not exist as we saw in this case, the Ashley Todd case, even going back to Susan Smith in the 1990s.
Minorities wouldn't be such an easy target if there were not so many people willing to easily believe it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I think you accidentally linked to a book instead of the relevant study or data you meant to link to. You know, without that, your stat looks entirely made up.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Minorities wouldn't be such an easy target if there were not so many people willing to easily believe it.
I think part of the problem is people quickly shoving this to the memory hole and pretending as this never existed. However, none of these tactics are new. Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, law enforcement sought to discredit them with false stories, they were also under heavy surveillance. The beauty of Black Lives Matter is the decentralized nature of the movement makes it hard to pinpoint someone to blame. That's why you see stories attributed to supporters based on saying the phrase, "Black Lives Matter," or wearing a shirt. The old smear tactic just is not as effective. Nonetheless, I expect more of these racial hoax stories in the future.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think part of the problem is people quickly shoving this to the memory hole and pretending as this never existed. However, none of these tactics are new. Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, law enforcement sought to discredit them with false stories, they were also under heavy surveillance. The beauty of Black Lives Matter is the decentralized nature of the movement makes it hard to pinpoint someone to blame. That's why you see stories attributed to supporters based on saying the phrase, "Black Lives Matter," or wearing a shirt. The old smear tactic just is not as effective. Nonetheless, I expect more of these racial hoax stories in the future.
Yes, I agree that Black Lives Matter have struck some cords with people who just ignored or forgot or are too young to remember the 60's. School systems ignore it too. They lightly brush over it as if it's all in the past, problem solved.
I was watching a video yesterday and a journalist was interviewing people in TX about this election. Don't ask me which video, I've slept since then. One man, who was sympathetic and not ignoring police brutality, when asked about BLM said, "the man that heads it"....The man who heads it?? So there are still people who don't get it, they're not paying attention.
I do think that it is helpful when people see that police brutality is not just effecting minorities, it harder to make the claim it doesn't exist. Then they begin to realize just by the numbers that minorities and the poor are more often the victims.

Upvote 0