Wicked, unjust and incompetent rulers...

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

YOU ARE IN THE SEMPER FORUM

"...they who rule unjustly and incompetently have been raised up by him to punish the wickedness of the people" "...a wicked king is the Lord’s wrath upon the earth" Book four, chapter 20, section 25 of the Institutes

"...a wicked prince is the Lord’s scourge to punish the sins of the people" Calvin’s Commentary Romans 13:1-7

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited:

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it seemed we were on the brink of widespread violence, and now we have pulled back from that, it's perhaps with aid from above in answer to prayers of many Christians.

We should put our faith entirely in the Lord, and not on a mortal man.

Don't put your faith people in an earthly king or a preacher
not in a pope or a president,
not in a businessman or a politician,
not in an economist, nor a philosopher.

But only in the Lord, alone!

3 Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
4 When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.

5Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
7who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.

The LORD sets the prisoners free;
8the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous.
9The LORD watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

10The LORD will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!

Psalm 146 ESV

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"...they who rule unjustly and incompetently have been raised up by him to punish the wickedness of the people" "...a wicked king is the Lord’s wrath upon the earth" Book four, chapter 20, section 25 of the Institutes

"...a wicked prince is the Lord’s scourge to punish the sins of the people" Calvin’s Commentary Romans 13:1-7

Yours in the Lord,

jm
I said the same thing about Trump. If anyone thinks Biden is better, they are mistaken. Some of his stated policies go against Biblical Christianity.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said the same thing about Trump. If anyone thinks Biden is better, they are mistaken. Some of his stated policies go against Biblical Christianity.
Yes, this was the trouble with Trump: his doing so many things against biblical Christianity, and then claiming to be Christian or to be supporting Christianity. Then once we began seeing so many praise him, it became necessary to point out what he was doing wrong, for the reason as shown in post #2 -- according to the bible, people should not put their hope/trust/faith in a mortal man. So, if the same happens with Biden over time -- special hope/trust/faith/praise that gets excessive, then we'd have to do the same: begin to point out the reality of wrongful actions, to help balance against that false placement of hope and trust and faith. But at the moment, Biden is just beginning, and I've not yet seen many Christians putting special faith into him.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yours in the Lord,

jm

I have to admit I'm terribly worried right now...

Joe Biden and the left has declared war on 1/2 the country under the guise of fighting white supremacy (a term now used for anyone who disagrees with far left policies)...

It's extremely worrisome.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's too bad that you feel that way. President Biden will go a long way toward restoring our country to its former greatness. trump is GONE!! Hallelujah!
I pray that he does. I pray that he repents of the evil he proposes to inflict on this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
We are supposed to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. He is our guide. Jesus died for His "political ideals" and we are supposed to take up our own cross and do the same.
Hi pescador, this is the Semper Forum filled with Reformed and Calvinistic Christians. We do not believe in the 'burning in the breast,' or mystical internal locutions from 'the Spirit.' Please refrain from arguing along these lines as we believe in Sola Scriptura - the Bible Alone. If you do argue along these lines you would be breaking the rules.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joe Biden and the left has declared war on 1/2 the country
The claim that the 'democrats' (meaning more than just a random extremist somewhere that only represents himself) are going to 'reeducate' republicans or 'declare war' seems pretty dramatic.

Unless Biden says he is declaring "war" on Republicans -- which would be the opposite of his actual track record and actual words I have seen/heard lately -- then we should not believe such assertions no matter what website or talk show they come from.

To gauge Trump's words, instead of viewpoints or claims about him, I looked at his actual words, in full context, with my own eyes (both in videos for minutes at a time, and in print, in full multiple paragraphs).

Of course, to avoid any double standard, I'll keep that same exact standard for Biden. I won't believe claims about Biden, but instead I will listen/look at his words in full context, for myself, with my own eyes, and not rely on other peoples' views or claims.

Last edited:
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Pescador, thank you for asking. I'm doing fine. The news and media is something I keep away from especially politics. It's odd but natural to see people and the reactions they have about the whole president thing. Now, not knowing you perspective on the matter.

The perspective, that God has allowed me to have is to not worry about who is charge, because as Christian believers individually we should know that God is in control especially in our own lives. As well as to pray for the people who are in charge like kings of this world like the scripture that was shared.

It's good to not have to worry about who is president or who is not president because we already have a King in our lives today. The Lord Jesus Christ.

I disagree with you if you believe Jesus Christ is political... He was not a king of this world other wise his servants would have fought, and Jesus would have stayed here on earth to rule in a kingdom. Though Jesus Christ mentioned His kingdom is not here on earth but above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Biden's 'equality act' is an outright attack on the Gospel, on biblical revelation and you rejoice? We should be praying against his schemes.

Psalm 109

1 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;

2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.

3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.

4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.

8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.

13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

15 Let them be before the Lord continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.

17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.

20 Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

21 But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.

22 For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.

23 I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust.

24 My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.

25 I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.

26 Help me, O Lord my God: O save me according to thy mercy:

27 That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, Lord, hast done it.

28 Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.

29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

30 I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.

31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I pray that he does. I pray that he repents of the evil he proposes to inflict on this country.

"An evildoer gives heed to false lips;
A liar listens eagerly to a spiteful tongue." Proverbs 17:4

We are culpable if we participate in the lie so we need to shun the evildoers and liars.

"Whoever hides hatred has lying lips,
And whoever spreads slander is a fool." Proverbs 10:18

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Expanding federal funding for abortion. Promoting the lie that men can be women, and vice versa. Promoting theft by making a federal minimum wage.

I’m sure there’s more.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of accusations.

Accusations can very easily endanger the accuser (for example see Romans 2:1-5, and this is only one of many such warnings).

There is a biblical reason I wait to see actual actions and actual outcomes. The reason I am slow to judge what are a person's words or actions (and notice that is not the far more dangerous judging a person themself as a person!).

Why? Because scripture instructs me in that -- John 7:24, Matthew 7:1-5.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Medicaid mandates funding for abortions in cases of rape or incest.

The first passage doesn't say what you must feed the ox only that the ox gets fed. The second passage assumes a prearranged agreement. You are misusing scripture.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There are a lot of accusations.

Accusations can very easily endanger the accuser (for example see Romans 2:1-5, and this is only one of many such warnings).

There is a biblical reason I wait to see actual actions and actual outcomes. The reason I am slow to judge what are a person's words or actions (and notice that is not the far more dangerous judging a person themself as a person!).

Why? Because scripture instructs me in that -- John 7:24, Matthew 7:1-5.

I think it's fair to judge according to Uncle Joe's past deeds. I mean...it's not like he's going to change now that he's in the WH after almost 50 years of politics. He fought tirelessly against the church and the "equality act" will make Christians criminal because of their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's fair to judge according to Uncle Joe's past deeds. I mean...it's not like he's going to change now that he's in the WH after almost 50 years of politics. He fought tirelessly against the church and the "equality act" will make Christians criminal because of their beliefs.
We put our trust, faith and hope in Christ that we not be judged for our actions and words of the past (which we have repented of by turning to Him or turning back to Him).

But consider: we only truly rely on Christ in the end, or in any way that truly matters.

Consider: a political party might pass laws that aren't good.
(We don't know ahead of time exactly what will pass actually, but have to wait and see, because whatever they could pass has to be able to get enough votes in Congress to pass.)

While we in the U.S. might expect that nothing very radical can get through Congress.... it's actually not a fear for us as Christians anyway(!).

We know that all the secular laws of government of mortal men are imperfect. We know that the only true or real hope is only of Christ, alone. So, we know that mortal man's secular law isn't really our hope, and we don't have to fear such even. (though in America we don't even face laws that endanger us in a serious way)

But our Savior goes further!

He says to us not even to fear even actual physical attacks: Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

So, if we are not to fear even being put to death for Him, why should we fear merely some mere momentary governmental laws that we think are wrong?

In other words, this isn't a worry for me as a believer. All I can do is be a good citizen and try to peacefully advocate for good laws, but I don't put my hope in secular laws of mortal man's government.

Secular laws don't save anyone really. No one is made acceptable to God because because the right secular laws were in place! No one is kept from an evil action even by merely there being a secular law! Abortions are not even prevented by secular laws (people will just travel somewhere or order a pill, etc.)

Only conversion to true faith in Christ is a real basis for hope, and that's the only thing that can help anyone. (You can't even reduce abortion by secular laws. Instead we should seek to help the lost find Christ, the only true solution to this mortal world.)

Upvote 0