Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Is wicca good or evil?

Wicca is evil and anyone who thinks otherwise is deceived.

Galatians 5:19-23
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The Greek word for witchcraft is pharmakeia, where we get our english word: pharmacy. There is a lot of witchcraft out there, even in the churchs. The Bible says that it is as the sin of rebellion. It is a work of the flesh. Those who are lead by the Holy Spirit know how to avoid it. We need to be careful when we go to man for help with our problems, when we should be going to God. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
What is your final answer? Is wicca good or evil?

My answer is: sad!

I think it's sad that people could feel so alienated from God that they would have to follow a religion that was invented in a fiction novel written in the 1940's by a prison inmate, and would believe a history that has no basis in reality.

And that's my final answer.

Upvote 0

heather

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
When I first met my current pastor, he had me read the book the Beautiful Side of Evil. I spent over a year working with him, dealing with my past, before I could be saved. One aspect of my past was to look to alternative religions. In this book, it clearly shows how evil the occult is. Some people say they are doing white witchcraft, but that is a lie. You see, satan is a liar, and he will masquerade as good to trick people to take the wrong step. Once they stray far from the path, satan destroys them. I beg anyone thinking of the occult to consider their choice very seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

good_news

Jesus Saves (or does he?) :cry:
Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
Originally posted by A Christian
Wicca is paganism and paganism is the worship of
the creation rather than the CREATOR. A wiccan
places emphasis on his/her own abilities to
control the "natural" environment (potions, charms,
spells). It is manipulative and subversive...
It is not of love but control. It promotes self.
[GLOW=blue]I consider myself a good Christian! I have wiccan friends and decided to see what they were talking about, so i did some research...SERIOUS, STRENUOUS, LONG, IN DEPTH, reading!
And I am sorry to inform the author of the above quote, but you are HORRIBLY misinformed about wicca... just thought I should let you know. [/GLOW]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wicca is no more or less evil than any other religion on this planet, as stated before. Christians think Wiccans are deceived by Satan, Muslims (well.. the ones in the middle east) think Christianity is evil, Jewish people are kind of.. there, Wiccans, not really sure about Wiccans.

First off, Wicca is not about promotion of self. Last time I checked it was dealing with magickal energies from the earth, NOT Satanism. Promotion of self is Satanism.

Lambslove.. A religion based off a fictional book written in the 1940's by a prison inmate.. Err. That's new, very, very new. Last time I checked, Wicca was based off of acient witchcraft and pagan religions.

Therefore, I would have to say.. no.

But of course, this is from a neutral (Undecided Agnostic) viewpoint. Not a religious one.

Upvote 0
I am disgusted, and it will be apparent also. HOW DARE PEOPLE CALL OTHERS EVIL? I believe really what is sad is the christian belief that anyone who doesnt follow the propet jesus and this male god, are evil. You do not know for fact that this is the one true way. You merely believe it to the point of blindness. I see why the world is falling to pieces. I am done for this evening.

Upvote 0

JagSayon

Jun 16, 2002
✟823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Most of today's witches prefer to be called "wiccans" instead of witches. The very name witch conjures mental images associated with evil and they want to change that. They go to great lengths to redefine themselves by using the term wicca. But, the word witch comes from the Old English word wicca (masculine) wicce (feminine) which means to practice sorcery. In fact our English word wicked is from the root word wicca and literally means witch-like. As early as 890 A.D. the word "wiccan" was used to identify witches "in the Laws of King Alfred." In short, changing the name from witch to wiccan is an attempt at historical revisionism. A witch or wiccan is, by the very name, a defining word for wickedness.

My Source: Here

Jag

Upvote 0