Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is no longer you who live, but Christ who lives in you.
We do everything for the glory of God
um but why do we do everything for the glory of God? and who is God? i’m confused... why did paul say that the devil is the god of this age? who exactly is God?

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
um but why do we do everything for the glory of God? and who is God? i’m confused... why did paul say that the devil is the god of this age? who exactly is God?
I messaged you.. It's okay if you don't reply, it's a long one.
You can also check out other forums concerning 'salvation' or about 'God' in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is it not possible for me to live on my own and independent of God..?

Because God even made the dust you came from.
Your being grateful is powerful for your future.
But not required for you to die. That's free.

Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Zhen,

Are you referring to why you are not able to live the way you want to (= doing your own thing instead of living for Jesus and in accordance with His will, plan, purpose, etc.)?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In one sense it is possible for you to do that. But the Bible is fairly clear that the eternal destination of those who embrace that lifestyle and belief system is apart from Him.

There is a better way to live. God created us as relational people, and God desires to have a personal and meaningful relationship with you. Spend time reading the Gospels and you'll see how God became a man, Jesus, and lived a perfect life and ultimately paid the price for your sin. It is through the work of Jesus on the cross that we are able to find forgiveness today, for our sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
um yup :/:/

God has given you a free will to live however you choose to. He, nor anyone else, is forcing you to live for Him or in accordance with His will.

Just know that there are eternal consequences for living in sin because God did not create you to live separated from Him in sin. He created you to have a personal relationship with Him because He loves you. In fact, He sent His Son Jesus to this earth to pay the penalty for your sins on the cross so that, if you place your trust in Him for what He did for you, you could be saved and have fellowship with God forever.

Do you want to do that?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can; we do; in our fallen state we live with the illusion, at least, that God doesn't exist; we live as if there is no God. And we can remain that way. Regardless of the fact that we can't live and move and have our being without Him, as other posters have stated.

Upvote 0