Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Job asked the same question, and he got his answer.

Theres one thing I learned in my suffering, satan does go after the righteous and torments them. The key is to tell him to get lost. You have an enemy, but you also have a saviour. Appropriate the blood of Christ that was shed for you.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why does God make me suffer while he gives blessings to everyone around me? Continuously suffer from mental ill-health, physical ill-health, and other drama? Whereas other Christians get the best marks at university, the best jobs, and do not suffer from mental and/or physical pain. What with my dental problems lucky if I have any teeth left now.

So why should I believe in God?

Answer me honestly.
Why?

God has already blessed you; but if you don't believe Him, you won't perceive and follow His leading; and you won't intersect with the blessings He's already place in your future. God isn't making you suffer, it's the devil that steals, kills and destroys.

you should believe in God so that He can lead you out of all that bad stuff

this will help:

http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/RedeemedFromTheCurseOfTheLaw.xml

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God has already blessed you; but if you don't believe Him, you won't perceive and follow His leading; and you won't intersect with the blessings He's already place in your future. God isn't making you suffer, it's the devil that steals, kills and destroys.

you should believe in God so that He can lead you out of all that bad stuff

this will help:

http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/RedeemedFromTheCurseOfTheLaw.xml

God does allow Christians to suffer, but for a purpose that they might become closer to Him and that others might know Him. Our suffering will end when we see Jesus.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God allows people to have free will; people allow suffering. He isn't allowing any suffering in heaven for any reason, and His desire is that His will be done on earth as it is done in heaven. causing someone to suffer may produce temporary change, but no one in their right mind is motivated to draw closer to someone who is causing them to suffer. it's the goodness of God that causes lasting change, not the badness of suffering.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You see, God is concerned very much, about our health, and that is why, Jesus was healing so much, and does heal today!

But we also have our own responsibility, to keep ourselves healthy, by a proper healthy diet and an exercise. God provides a healthy food for us, but we must buy it and eat it ourselves. God provides us with muscles, but we must use them every day, in order for every process in our bodies, to function properly to its maximum.

There is a lymphatic system in the body, which is a liquid, and is much more in volume, than the blood we have. The function of that lymphatic system, is to feed our cells in the body, and to take away the toxins and waste, from the cells to the elimination organs like liver, kidneys, skin, and others.
The thing is, the blood system in our body, has a pomp, which is the heart. The heart makes the blood to move around.
But, the lymphatic system, does not have a pump, and is mainly moved my the use of the muscles, when we use our muscles to move, walk, or exercise. So, the more we move our muscles, the better our cells will be fed, and the faster and better the toxins from our body, will be eliminated, instead of staying and accumulating in our body.

3 John 2, Psalm 92:12, 13, 14, Psalm 103:3, Philippians 2:26,27, Romans 8:11, 32, Mark
1:41, 8:25, 10:52, 16:18, Exodus 15:26, 23:25, Matthew 8:3,5-17, 9:18-
22,28,29,30,32,33,35,36, 20:34, 1 Peter 1:23, Luke 13:11-16, Psalm 50:15, Joshua 1:8,
Psalm 41:3, 92:14, 53, 2 Kings 20:5, Deuteronomy 7:15, Psalm 84:11, Deuteronomy 28,
Isaiah 53:5, Psalm 30:2

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why should I believe in a God who does nothing for me?

Because good things not happening or bad things happening isn't in itself a decisive piece of evidence for the non-existence of God, however much one is hurting, or sees other people hurting.
Yes, there have been people who have concluded that no good God could exist with so much suffering and injustice in the world, be it personal or observed.
But others have found reason enough (for them) to trust in God in spite of such pain or disastrous circumstances.
"Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him." Job 13:15.
(Job, correctly according to the text, wanting to still to be clear that what had befallen him was in no way a particular deserved punishment.)

Decide whether to believe in the existence of God on other grounds, basically.
But having a tough life, even a seemingly unfair one, is not inconsistent with the Christian message about God.

Me, I'm crippled, housebound, and can only have visitors rarely because of the energy it costs me to interact with them.
But on the other hand no-one's shooting at me, I have access to clean water, to food and I have a roof over my head.
Yes I might moan a bit: no-one else is going to be quick to shout my corner.
On the other hand I know of millions who have things worse than me, so I don't shout too loud or too often.

But as an atheist I have no call at all to think that things have to be fair.
I don't think that, short of the afterlife, "fair" is promised Christians, either.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God allows people to have free will; people allow suffering. He isn't allowing any suffering in heaven for any reason, and His desire is that His will be done on earth as it is done in heaven. causing someone to suffer may produce temporary change, but no one in their right mind is motivated to draw closer to someone who is causing them to suffer. it's the goodness of God that causes lasting change, not the badness of suffering.

What you appear to be implying is that if a person is right with God, they won't suffer. That is just not true. Yes, there will come an end to suffering but God is using it for a purpose today. No, there isn't suffering in heaven, but God uses our trials on earth to sanctify us (James 1:2-4).

Suffering on the earth is a result of Adam's sin, and it comes upon us all, whether we follow Christ or not. Further, suffering is promised as part of being a Christian (John 16:33, 1 Peter 4:12-19).

2 Timothy 3:12
12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Romans 8:16
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

1 Thessalonians 3:3-4
3 that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this. 4 For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

The early church rejoiced when they faced suffering.

Acts 5:40-42
40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Concerning Paul, the Lord said:

Acts 9:15
15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

Philippians 3:8-10
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Paul did suffer greatly (e.g., see 2 Corthinthians 11:23-28), but God allowed it for the sake of the elect--and not only Paul.

2 Timothy 2:8-10
8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel, 9 for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Sometimes we also suffer for His sake:

Romans 8:35-37
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Sometimes, sufferings abound, but so does God's comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. 9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, 10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, 11 you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.

Philippians 1:29-30
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

There are so many other passages I could quote, but I just urge you to expand your view of God. Many are prophecied to fall away from their faith, for example, on account of their refusal to endure suffering for Christ (Matthew 24:9-13, Luke 18:1-8, 2 Thessalonians 2). It isn't worth it!

There's a modern person I can think of whose life very well demonstrates a willingness to endure suffering to be obedient to Christ, and he was richly blessed by God. You can watch Mohammed's story in about 45 minutes from www.morethandreams.org.

Upvote 0

Cernunnos

Well. . .
May 28, 2014
Faith
✟16,330.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Time someone else suffered tribulation instead of it constantly being me.
My feet are sore. My eyes itch (pollen)

I demand a break. Something good for once.
Beer?

Why should I believe in a God who does nothing for me?
Disbelief may hurt His feelings, but does not change His existence . .. it is kinda like asking why you should believe in gravity, since it does nothing for you. . . You can demonstrate your disbelief by falling face first onto the floor (one of two things will happen - you will reach out and catch yourself, demonstrating you actually do believe in gravity or you will hurt your face as gravity is revealed to you in its own time). . . God is much the same. . .

No such thing as a blessing.
I feel like, you don't want me to list mine, but at the same time, it feels like a challenge. I could list all kinds of blessings. . . . like my feet being sore. . . I worked a 12 hour shift today, which means I have a job and was able to get there and I guess walk 6.37 miles. . . I can walk. Look, I unpack a little thing like having sore feet & there are all kinds of blessings.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What you appear to be implying is that if a person is right with God, they won't suffer. That is just not true. Yes, there will come an end to suffering but God is using it for a purpose today. No, there isn't suffering in heaven, but God uses our trials on earth to sanctify us (James 1:2-4).

Suffering on the earth is a result of Adam's sin, and it comes upon us all, whether we follow Christ or not. Further, suffering is promised as part of being a Christian (John 16:33, 1 Peter 4:12-19).

2 Timothy 3:12
12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Romans 8:16
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

1 Thessalonians 3:3-4
3 that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this. 4 For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

The early church rejoiced when they faced suffering.

Acts 5:40-42
40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Concerning Paul, the Lord said:

Acts 9:15
15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

Philippians 3:8-10
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Paul did suffer greatly (e.g., see 2 Corthinthians 11:23-28), but God allowed it for the sake of the elect--and not only Paul.

2 Timothy 2:8-10
8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel, 9 for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Sometimes we also suffer for His sake:

Romans 8:35-37
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Sometimes, sufferings abound, but so does God's comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. 9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, 10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, 11 you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.

Philippians 1:29-30
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

There are so many other passages I could quote, but I just urge you to expand your view of God. Many are prophecied to fall away from their faith, for example, on account of their refusal to endure suffering for Christ (Matthew 24:9-13, Luke 18:1-8, 2 Thessalonians 2). It isn't worth it!

There's a modern person I can think of whose life very well demonstrates a willingness to endure suffering to be obedient to Christ, and he was richly blessed by God. You can watch Mohammed's story in about 45 minutes from www.morethandreams.org.

the reason i don't post in the debate forums is because i have learned that it is pointless to argue with someone who's as confident in their understanding as i am in mine when our understandings differ - pm me if you want to discuss this with an open mind - let's don't distract this thread from the OP's request for help

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry you are suffering so much. I think you should keep praying for God to help you and to relieve your suffering. The Bible talks a lot about suffering.

1 Peter 1:6-7
6In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Zechariah 13:9
9And I will put this third into the fire,
and refine them as one refines silver,
and test them as gold is tested.
They will call upon my name,
and I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people’;
and they will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

Matthew 5:2-12
The Beatitudes

2And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sonsa of God.

10“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then why am I registered with a homeless shelter?

This is a hard situation to be in. I have been homeless several times so I can empathize.

The best advice I can give you is to get involved in a Church.

Also, do you have food stamps?

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0