Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground.
And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe or laugh or twitch again.
So won't you run and play with me here among the
teeming mass of humanity?
The universe has spared us this moment.

Yikes. If this is all that's going to happen, why should we bother indeed...

Upvote 0

SteveNZ

Adventurer for my King
Oct 24, 2011
Nelson New Zealand
✟8,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should we bother?
Hi, I like it.

We all know there is something in the hearts of all mankind wondering about our eternity. You proved it by asking the question you did.

I do recommend you find out!
The truth is pretty good and when you are ready to look you will find what you seek. :)

If you do not want to look you will still find the truth of the statement... 'For you have placed eternity in the hearts of man..'

Give life heaps.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because you're only here for a short time. You may as well find something of value in life and pursue it, whether it's art, science, religion, love or a combination of these.
Yup, king Soloman tried this too:
Ecclesiastes 2
24 So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God.
I think what you are expressing is some kind of gratification from contributing to a worthy cause. Gratification is primarily what king Soloman concluded is the purpose of life:
Ecclesiastes 2
12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. 13 And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
If you think that I'm not being original, he even said that too:
Ecclesiastes 1
9 History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
The first few chapters of Ecclesiastes demonstrate his search for the purpose of life, maybe this is something you can draw inspiration from:

Ecclesiastes 1-3 NLT - These are the words of the Teacher King - Bible Gateway

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hm. When we die we get our body put in a box, we get covered by dirt, people cry for a bit then have food later. You forgot the food part.

"It is what you do with the gift of life - that makes who you are"
- Mewtwo , Pokemon the Movie 1.

Upvote 0