Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know why, but I can't stop being concerned about the "segregation" of the Church. Within scripture why can't we respect and love one another when it is not something that could cause many to stumble or fall? And should all not post in the love of Jesus instead of constantly seeming to desire to do a slam dunk on another poster?

If I hear one more believer slam another for believer for stating pre, mid, post tribulation or if we live in the times of the coming dreams and visions I will get physically ill. As when we are in Heaven with Christ will it really matter who interpreted HIS Word correctly???

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why, but I can't stop being concerned about the "segregation" of the Church. Within scripture why can't we respect and love one another when it is not something that could cause many to stumble or fall? And should all not post in the love of Jesus instead of constantly seeming to desire to do a slam dunk on another poster?

If I hear one more believer slam another for believer for stating pre, mid, post tribulation or if we live in the times of the coming dreams and visions I will get physically ill. As when we are in Heaven with Christ will it really matter who interpreted HIS Word correctly???

It gets old, doesn't it.

Mere discussion of the gospel is good though. Perhaps heated discussion is even better ...
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
We each struggle in our own way. Sometimes you just have to sigh ...

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It gets old, doesn't it.

Mere discussion of the gospel is good though. Perhaps heated discussion is even better ...
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
We each struggle in our own way. Sometimes you just have to sigh ...

Amen! It is possible to discuss these things on a friendly basis, and even to energetically debate them without implying that one's opponents are stupid, or worse yet are evil.

The truth is, that the Bible most absolutely does not say when the rapture occurs. ALL positions about its timing are based on interpretations of the meanings of various scriptures. And ALL interpretations of the meaning of scripture are subject to possible error.

So we can discuss these things freely, and even debate them energetically, and all of us will benefit from the exchange. (My personal understanding of this subject was enhanced this very day. And I have been a teacher of these things for nearly forty years.) But the exchange will be beneficial for all only as long as we remember that there are many very Godly Christians who hold every one of these views, and none of these is willfully distorting even one scripture. (Anyone who does that is not Godly.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

supersoldier71

Sinner, saved by Grace
Jan 19, 2011
Far, far away from home
✟10,260.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AMEN! and guilty....I think pride makes it so. Humans, man: they'll try to mess anything up!

Passion for the Gospel is a good thing! How many of us have had to go back and dig DEEEEEEEP in Scripture because of something we saw in a thread? And if you didn't understand it, you went to the Lord and asked Him! Those are good things, that's what's supposed to happen.

But then, after we've done those things, we're human, so we struggle mightily to resist the pride of saying: "I told you so!" or the stiff-necked stubbornness of saying: "That CAN'T mean what it says!!"

As I said: guilty, but I'm trying.

Good day and God bless!

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AMEN! and guilty....I think pride makes it so. Humans, man: they'll try to mess anything up!

Passion for the Gospel is a good thing! How many of us have had to go back and dig DEEEEEEEP in Scripture because of something we saw in a thread? And if you didn't understand it, you went to the Lord and asked Him! Those are good things, that's what's supposed to happen.

But then, after we've done those things, we're human, so we struggle mightily to resist the pride of saying: "I told you so!" or the stiff-necked stubbornness of saying: "That CAN'T mean what it says!!"

As I said: guilty, but I'm trying.

Good day and God bless!

Unfortunately, we are all guilty of this sometimes. But most of us try not to fall into this trap.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your thoughts on this. And I know I shouldn't be picking up any stones today myself.

LOL. Picking up stones is good. Throwing stones ... not so good.

I've learned the hard way that those darned stones are likely to come right back at ya ...

... ouch!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only thing I'm dogmatic about is that the last 3 fall feasts will be fulfulled in order, in the same season just as the spring feasts were all fulfilled completely, in succession, in the same year. God is a God of patterns and consistency so I don't see Him changing that pattern.
Other than that, if He wants to rapture the church first or last or even not at all is fine with me. There are scriptures for all the different views if you look for them, so there's really no basis for nasty arguments, just further study, and joyous anticipation.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

Kingdom_Come

Jun 27, 2004
✟1,117.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I do agree. Unfortunately when you respond to some people, it gets taken personally regardless of whether or not you are actually attacking them or attacking their argument. Some people can’t differentiate between the two. Some people misinterpret vigorously debating a position as making a personal attack against them because they hold a different position. I think discussion is good. It helps us sharpen our sword so to speak. It can also help many understand things they never understood before. It also allows for correction if something is clearly wrong for those open to receiving it. If nothing else, it allows others to see the error.

What I find disconcerting regardless of which position someone takes, is the tendency to want to condemn someone else for having a different understanding on eschatology. First, you will never win someone over simply by telling them they are going to hell for believing something different than you do. If you win someone over, it will most likely be by them seeing it for themselves. You are also elevating eschatology to the point that understanding it becomes the basis for one’s salvation. This simply is not the case.

At our core, most of us believe the same things. We believe Jesus is the Christ. We believe He is God. We believe that it is through Him that we are saved. We believe in the great commission. When someone separates because of who they believe Jesus is and how we are saved according to the gospel preached, then that is important. When someone tries to change the gospel, we have cause to make that stand and distinction.

However, if a person believes in Christ and obeys His commandments, if that person is a light to the world and brings others to Him, and they die and go before Him, do you really think He will tell them that they did well in all things but their understanding of eschatology, and for this reason alone they will be sent to the lake of fire? If so, you really need to do a lot more praying and a lot more studying of His word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Some people misinterpret vigorously debating a position as making a personal attack against them because they hold a different position. I think discussion is good. It helps us sharpen our sword so to speak. It can also help many understand things they never understood before.
LOL. For me that understanding usually comes after getting hit upside the haid with a 2x4 a few times ... :D :D :D

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Experienced the I'm right you're way off attitude again. I was basically yelled at for my stance on the rapture. Is it too much pride in their doctrine or thinking they will save me from my own beliefs? Maybe I should post this thread for them to read and think over. sigh

Last edited:
Upvote 0

singpeace

Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Matthew 7
15. “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
20. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

1 John 4
1. Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Galatians 5
22. But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

1 John 4
8. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

The first fruit of the Holy Spirit is Love (know others by their fruit):
1 Corinthians 13
4. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
5. or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
6. it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
7. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0