Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The devil was once an arch angel. He was created to reign. And reign he will over the hell reality...

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! - Isaiah 14:12

Lucifer - heylel in the Hebrew (light bearer) from halal - Or to shine
***Note as this is a Hebrew word it is not a king of Babylon

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth. - Revelation 12:3-4

I believe that before the big bang there were three sets of Arch-Angels....

1. Michael - Over strong angels
2. Gabriel - Over wise angels
3. Lucifer -Over worshiping angels

Lucifer Is the angelic name... The names devil and Satan came after the fall, along with their evil connotations. We can know the ways of Lucifer by examining his ways on earth. If you look into the Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil you can see a lot of ways manifest by the lyrics of the song, including, "Just as every cop is a criminal And all the sinners saints As heads is tails Just call me Lucifer 'Cause I'm in need of some restraint."

In reading over the true story behind the movie "The Exorcist" I find the Catholic priest stating this to the demonic forces...

Priests: In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I order you to depart and worship the Holiest Virgin. In the name of the Holiest Virgin and in the name of Jesus… I order you to leave! In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I order you to worship the Holiest Virgin.

The Voice: No.

Priests: You didn’t want to submit to the Heavens, but you had to. To the One God in three Persons, the Holiest Virgin, the Holy Angels, and to Michael the Archangel. Withdraw… In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Notice that the priest brought Michael the Archangel into the situation. Michael's third are greater in power than Lucifers third.

There was a powerful and drawn out sigh and then silence afterwards. As this process endured, at the end was finally Lucifer, and he was the last one left. When he was asked why he was there, his response was “Because I wanted to reign. To be the only creature on Earth. I didn’t want to serve anyone.” At the end, he stammered and stuttered through the “Hail Mary” like those before him, and he too left Anneliese. - from The Entire Case History of Anneliese Michel – The REAL “Emily Rose”. [Warning: Shocking Content]

• Winner
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The notion that the Devil is in charge of Hell is not Biblically supported. It is an artifact of Pluto/Dis/Hades from Greco-Roman polytheism right down to his "pitchfork" [bident].

The Bible says that Hell was made, first and foremost, "for the devil and his angels:..." [Matthew 25:41], not people.
Dear John Letter (To The Devil)

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,841.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The notion that the Devil is in charge of Hell is not Biblically supported. It is an artifact of Pluto/Dis/Hades from Greco-Roman polytheism right down to his "pitchfork" [bident].

The Bible says that Hell was made, first and foremost, "for the devil and his angels:..." [Matthew 25:41], not people.

Ok, so the Devil doesn't reign in Hell then. Makes me wonder why Christians fear the Devil then...

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ok, so the Devil doesn't reign in Hell then. Makes me wonder why Christians fear the Devil then...

Here is a story about a woman who was enouraged not to fear the devil and went on to cast him out of her husband. Story @ 9:49....

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Makes me wonder why Christians fear the Devil then...
He is currently an active and deceptive enemy that Christians should not take lightly, but we fear our God rather than Satan; that is, we respect God's awesomeness MORE than Satan's deceptive posturing...!

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,841.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He is currently an active and deceptive enemy that Christians should not take lightly, but we fear our God rather than Satan; that is, we respect God's awesomeness MORE than Satan's deceptive posturing...!

So you fear the one you love? If that was a relationship I would tell you to get out quickly...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you fear the one you love? If that was a relationship I would tell you to get out quickly...
No. I fear what my life would be without Him; empty, decaying & hell-bound.

In Him, my life is full, being healed & heaven-bound. Easy choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God sends sinners to Hell to be punished, what incentive does the Devil have to punish them? I would think the Devil would treat sinners very well...
Satan is not punishing them. Rather, sinners are receiving the same punishment as Satan.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The devil was once an arch angel. He was created to reign. And reign he will over the hell reality...

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! - Isaiah 14:12

Lucifer - heylel in the Hebrew (light bearer) from halal - Or to shine
***Note as this is a Hebrew word it is not a king of Babylon

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth. - Revelation 12:3-4

I believe that before the big bang there were three sets of Arch-Angels....

1. Michael - Over strong angels
2. Gabriel - Over wise angels
3. Lucifer -Over worshiping angels

Lucifer Is the angelic name... The names devil and Satan came after the fall, along with their evil connotations. We can know the ways of Lucifer by examining his ways on earth. If you look into the Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil you can see a lot of ways manifest by the lyrics of the song, including, "Just as every cop is a criminal And all the sinners saints As heads is tails Just call me Lucifer 'Cause I'm in need of some restraint."

In reading over the true story behind the movie "The Exorcist" I find the Catholic priest stating this to the demonic forces...

Priests: In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I order you to depart and worship the Holiest Virgin. In the name of the Holiest Virgin and in the name of Jesus… I order you to leave! In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I order you to worship the Holiest Virgin.

The Voice: No.

Priests: You didn’t want to submit to the Heavens, but you had to. To the One God in three Persons, the Holiest Virgin, the Holy Angels, and to Michael the Archangel. Withdraw… In the name of the one God in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Notice that the priest brought Michael the Archangel into the situation. Michael's third are greater in power than Lucifers third.

There was a powerful and drawn out sigh and then silence afterwards. As this process endured, at the end was finally Lucifer, and he was the last one left. When he was asked why he was there, his response was “Because I wanted to reign. To be the only creature on Earth. I didn’t want to serve anyone.” At the end, he stammered and stuttered through the “Hail Mary” like those before him, and he too left Anneliese. - from The Entire Case History of Anneliese Michel – The REAL “Emily Rose”. [Warning: Shocking Content]
I don't think it is wise to derive our theology from Hollywood.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the saved believer, they shouldn't fear the devil because the devil has already been defeated and hold no power over us.

Reactions: Unboxed
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "Fear of the Lord" is not merely being afraid of God. Rather, it is the reverence and awe of all that is God that renders one to willful obedience in Him. Remember, God is perfect love, and perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18. I assume you loved your father and mother. However, the fear of the Lord is similar to that of the feeling you should get when you mother gives you "that look" after you know you done messed up and tells you "Just wait until your father gets home".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. I fear what my life would be without Him; empty, decaying & hell-bound.

In Him, my life is full, being healed & heaven-bound. Easy choice.
I agree. In fact, the greatest reason why Hell is so terrible is because it is eternal separation from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Satan is not punishing them. Rather, sinners are receiving the same punishment as Satan.
I also wanted to clarify that it is Satan's ambition to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). Satan doesn't merely want to "punish" us. Satan is at war with God in every aspect. Because we are one of God's creations who was created in His image, Satan wants nothing more that to destroy us. He knows he has already been defeated and his time is short. There is no hope for him and he knows his ultimate destiny is eternal suffering. So he is using what little time he has left on this earth to take as many souls with him.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "Fear of the Lord" is not merely being afraid of God. Rather, it is the reverence and awe of all that is God that renders one to willful obedience in Him. Remember, God is perfect love, and perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18. I assume you loved your father and mother. However, the fear of the Lord is similar to that of the feeling you should get when you mother gives you "that look" after you know you done messed up and tells you "Just wait until your father gets home".
In regards to the Fear of the Lord. C.S. Lewis allegorized Jesus as Aslan the Great Lion. Here is an excerpt which perfectly explains the Fear of the Lord.

“Is he a man?” asked Lucy.

“Aslan a man!” said Mr. Beaver sternly. Certainly not. I tell you he is King of the wood and the son of the great emperor-beyond-the-sea. Don’t you know who is the King of the Beasts? Aslan is a lion – the Lion, the great lion.”

“ooh!” said Susan, “I’d thought he was a man. Is he – quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”

“That you will, dearie, and no mistake” said Mrs. Beaver; “if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”

“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.

“Safe?” said Mr Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”

Source: CS Lewis, The Lion, the Witch & The Wardrobe (Penguin, 1950)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If God sends sinners to Hell to be punished, what incentive does the Devil have to punish them? I would think the Devil would treat sinners very well...
Old Nick has never made his presence known to me, but then again, neither has his nemesis. It would appear that neither of them has any interest in me. I wonder why?
Nudge nudge, wink wink!

Upvote 0