why would someone prophesy THIS over me?

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have struggled for many years with doubts about my salvation and crippling depression and anxiety because of it. Well I was involved in an online prayer group a few months ago. And one evening I felt something in me compel me to log in to the group even though I didn't really want to as I found it triggering. But I felt I had to. I logged in and the leader of the group said she felt I had to commit my life to the Lord because I had lost my salvation. This really upset me because I tried so hard to follow Jesus. Yes I had sin but I was fighting it. I wanted Jesus so much and was suicidal over the fact I couldn't find Him anymore. This prophet also told me I had Jezebel spirit and if it didn't get cast out then I may end up in Hell. I asked her to cast it out. She said she couldn't. Told me I had to repent of stuff in front of witnesses. So I did. Then she had me say sinners prayer. I argued about it because I said I had been saying that prayer for years. She told me I must do it. I was scared so I did it. But afterwards I just felt crushed. I still have that fear I'm going to Hell becauise I still have symptoms of the demons. Also if its possilble to just lose salvation without knowing it, then that terrifies me!e

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very sorry that this happened to you.

But let's just look to Yahweh and His Word.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:19

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Rom 10:13

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." Acts 3:19

When the doubts come, you can recall the truth, the Scriptures such as these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Prophetic exhortation that is all negative without any encouraging words being expressed in His Love is probably based as much or more on human understanding than Spiritually imparted insight. Always good to get a second opinion from an anointed Pastor having an impartation of the Spiritual Gifts.

Sin is intentional iniquity / intentional disobedience / wickedness.

You could compare it to a child that hates his parents and is purposely disruptive. This isn't you. Your intentions are to please your Heavenly Father even though you fail at times.

Suggest you attend a Tree of Life Church and if possible see if Pastor Benjamin and his wife Amanda are able to meet with you (Dagenham, Guildford and Watford).
http://treeoflifeblog.com/about/
Branching Out | The continuing growth and development of Tree of Life Church

Send them the same email that you posted here explaining your dilemma, deep frustration and your desire to be set free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Promise53

Jan 23, 2015
✟15,117.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
These are the two scriptures I am meditating on this year. I can't think of the exact scripture book,and number ,but I have put these gems from God on my heart to encourage me when I get down on myself.

1. God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love and a sound mind.

2. All who are in Christ are a new creation.

Do not feel like you are alone. Most people have moments of being unsure. But do not fear God has overcome the world!
Do not be so down on yourself. KNOW that God loves you! With daily prayer God can make your heart feel secure and filled with faith, hope, peace, and love.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have struggled for many years with doubts about my salvation and crippling depression and anxiety because of it. Well I was involved in an online prayer group a few months ago. And one evening I felt something in me compel me to log in to the group even though I didn't really want to as I found it triggering. But I felt I had to. I logged in and the leader of the group said she felt I had to commit my life to the Lord because I had lost my salvation. This really upset me because I tried so hard to follow Jesus. Yes I had sin but I was fighting it. I wanted Jesus so much and was suicidal over the fact I couldn't find Him anymore. This prophet also told me I had Jezebel spirit and if it didn't get cast out then I may end up in Hell. I asked her to cast it out. She said she couldn't. Told me I had to repent of stuff in front of witnesses. So I did. Then she had me say sinners prayer. I argued about it because I said I had been saying that prayer for years. She told me I must do it. I was scared so I did it. But afterwards I just felt crushed. I still have that fear I'm going to Hell becauise I still have symptoms of the demons. Also if its possilble to just lose salvation without knowing it, then that terrifies me!e

May the Lord visit you with assurance that you are His.

Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some Christian traditions allow or even encourage confession of sins before another person. I have done this myself when going through a period of depression. But afterwards I regretted it. Not so much the divulgence of secrets but more the fact that (for me) it showed a lack of trust in God's forgiveness and the fact that 1 Jn 1:9 encourages us to confess our sins directly to God, not through a human mediator.

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all so much. I do really want to please God. Sometimes I give in to disruptive impulses but I am always regretting it and hate the thing that drives me to do it.

I've had a lot of rejection and abuse in my life and I think I've developed a lot of maladaptive coping mechanisms. To many in the church these just look like demons or acting out. I believe some of these things need inner healing of some kind

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Renee Arisen
Thanks so much for responding.

I am working on taking scriptures to help build my faith. Sometimes I get something in me telling me “you're not really His child”. I try to resist that.

I so wish there was a way of silencing that doubt once and for all.

Love and blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums