Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because we do not know how it was done. If a group believes it is "just a sign to other believers", we would not see it as valid. It is a sacrament. We make no claim as to who is not of the Church but we also make no claim to who is outside of our Church.

sacrament - a religious ceremony or act of the Christian Church that is regarded as an outward and visible sign of inward and spiritual divine grace, in particular.

So your church has to "see it" to believe it?

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sacrament - a religious ceremony or act of the Christian Church that is regarded as an outward and visible sign of inward and spiritual divine grace, in particular.

So your church has to "see it" to believe it?
I would say hearing it is just as important. What is said and what prayers are offered are important.
We see by reading that the Holy Spirit was not go en to some because few had heard of Him coming. Those who had received Him made the proper addition for the time of baptism.
I disagree with your definition. If you.change the word religious for holy Iwould come closet to agreement.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say hearing it is just as important. What is said and what prayers are offered are important.
We see by reading that the Holy Spirit was not go en to some because few had heard of Him coming. Those who had received Him made the proper addition for the time of baptism.
I disagree with your definition. If you.change the word religious for holy Iwould come closet to agreement.

I got the definition out of the dictionary ... had to look it up because I didn't really know for sure so sorry if it's not defined properly.

God Bless

Upvote 0