✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lauren Boebert Calls For Joe Biden's 'Imeachment' | HuffPost

When Trump was running for office, a lot of people said, "Oh, he's not a politician so he'll do better." Then he stumbled through the four years of his presidency making allies angry and enemies friends. He was, to be honest, wholly out of his depth in the job of running the nation. Yes, I know there is a minority of people who don't agree with that.

Now, we have an unseasoned representative in the Republican party once again making a laughing stock of the job of being a U.S. Representative. Boebert's complaint is wholly unfounded on any facts of the nature of an impeachment of the President of the United States. She's trying to say that leaving equipment behind aided and abetted the enemy. We've pretty much always left equipment behind when we've moved out an occupying force in another country. A quick review of this article attests to all that was left behind when we left Vietnam: ARMS LEFT BY U.S (Published 1975)

Somehow I can't imagine that anyone would take seriously this charge that leaving arms and equipment behind after vacating an occupied country as 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.

Then she says that Biden's talks with the Taliban is tantamount to colluding with the enemy. Wait!!!!! Trump started all this collusion with the enemy! Top generals testify that Trump's deal with the Taliban hurt morale among Afghan forces and 'negatively' affected their performance

Presidents have often sent emissaries to speak with the top brass of our enemies to work out differences. It's not really all just shoot and kill everybody until there's no one left of a whole nation.

So, I just think we could forego a lot of this grandstanding and ignorance in doing one's job, if we had more seasoned representatives sitting for us in Washington.

What say you?

God bless,
Ted

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lauren Boebert Calls For Joe Biden's 'Imeachment' | HuffPost

When Trump was running for office, a lot of people said, "Oh, he's not a politician so he'll do better." Then he stumbled through the four years of his presidency making allies angry and enemies friends. He was, to be honest, wholly out of his depth in the job of running the nation. Yes, I know there is a minority of people who don't agree with that.

Now, we have an unseasoned representative in the Republican party once again making a laughing stock of the job of being a U.S. Representative. Boebert's complaint is wholly unfounded on any facts of the nature of an impeachment of the President of the United States. She's trying to say that leaving equipment behind aided and abetted the enemy. We've pretty much always left equipment behind when we've moved out an occupying force in another country. A quick review of this article attests to all that was left behind when we left Vietnam: ARMS LEFT BY U.S (Published 1975)

Somehow I can't imagine that anyone would take seriously this charge that leaving arms and equipment behind after vacating an occupied country as 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.

Then she says that Biden's talks with the Taliban is tantamount to colluding with the enemy. Wait!!!!! Trump started all this collusion with the enemy! Top generals testify that Trump's deal with the Taliban hurt morale among Afghan forces and 'negatively' affected their performance

Presidents have often sent emissaries to speak with the top brass of our enemies to work out differences. It's not really all just shoot and kill everybody until there's no one left of a whole nation.

So, I just think we could forego a lot of this grandstanding and ignorance in doing one's job, if we had more seasoned representatives sitting for us in Washington.

What say you?

God bless,
Ted
As in most occupations, seasoned is usually better ...

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
85 Billion dollars worth is equipment was left behind

Completely untrue. That particular factoid has been circulating long enough for anyone to check it, it does seem surprising that it keeps coming up.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

What say you?

So voting for Obama was a mistake?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Completely untrue. That particular factoid has been circulating long enough for anyone to check it, it does seem surprising that it keeps coming up.

Okay. How much military hardware was left then?

Answer: Much more than should have been.

Reason: Leadership failure.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. How much military hardware was left then?

Answer: Much more than should have been.

Reason: Leadership failure.

Then you know that figure is false?

What was your plan for exiting Afghanistan?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Trump was running for office, a lot of people said, "Oh, he's not a politician so he'll do better." Then he stumbled through the four years of his presidency making allies angry and enemies friends. He was, to be honest, wholly out of his depth in the job of running the nation.

The country ran fairly well with no serious problems at all. If you ignore all his Twitter comments even public relations were on the acceptable scale. I didn't like anything he said, but that complaint goes back decades.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel we need a balance in DC. Fresh faces could help congress learn to govern effectively once again. Too much seasoning has ruined many a good meal. I think we're over seasoned in regards to representation in congress. They seem to have forgotten working for our needs should be a priority.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So voting for Obama was a mistake?

Hi @HARK!

Why would that be, President Obama was a seasoned politician. He had spent 10 years in the Illinois Senate before running for President. Boebert didn't start her political career until 2019. Prior to that she had just been the owner of a restaurant.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Under Biden, approximately 85 Billion dollars worth is equipment was left behind. If you think that's acceptable I don't know what to tell you. You're a basket case.

Hi @friend of

Republicans Inflate Cost of Taliban-Seized U.S. Military Equipment - FactCheck.org

According to this report, the value of what was left was nowhere near $85B. That figure is the total amount of money that we spent, since 2001, running training ops for Afhgan forces and the supply of weapons and materials to the country since 2001. The more reasonable answer, although no one really knows what the depreciated value is because no one really knows what all was left, but it's likely not more than a couple of billion. It is estimated that we left $1B in Vietnam, so I'd say, allowing for inflation, we probably left about the same 'value' of goods in Afghanistan as we left in Vietnam. But that is just a guesstimate.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi @HARK!

Why would that be, President Obama was a seasoned politician. He had spent 10 years in the Illinois Senate before running for President. Boebert didn't start her political career until 2019. Prior to that she had just been the owner of a restaurant.

God bless,
Ted

Thanks for the info. The media was pushing him as an outsider, just a community organizer. I should know better than to pay attention to it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the info. The media was pushing him as an outsider, just a community organizer. I should know better than to pay attention to it.

Hi @HARK!

Or perhaps you should find a more reliable media source. I'm surprised that anyone would not know that President Obama was a Senator in Illinois before he was elected. There was even a hasty election after he was elected to fill his vacated seat and a man by the name of Blagojevich made headlines for quite some time over it. Take a minute and google the name and see if you don't remember something about it.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi @HARK!

Or perhaps you should find a more reliable media source. I'm surprised that anyone would not know that President Obama was a Senator in Illinois before he was elected. There was even a hasty election after he was elected to fill his seat and a man by the name of Blagojevich made headlines for quite some time over it. Take a minute and google the name and see if you don't remember something about it.

God bless,
Ted

I lost interest in Obama's campaign after I caught him in some big lies. Some of the people who I was working with were torn between voting for Ron Paul or Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi @friend of

Republicans Inflate Cost of Taliban-Seized U.S. Military Equipment - FactCheck.org

According to this report, the value of what was left was nowhere near $85B. That figure is the total amount of money that we spent, since 2001, running training ops for Afhgan forces and the supply of weapons and materials to the country since 2001. The more reasonable answer, although no one really knows what the depreciated value is because no one really knows what all was left, but it's likely not more than a couple of billion. It is estimated that we left $1B in Vietnam, so I'd say, allowing for inflation, we probably left about the same 'value' of goods in Afghanistan as we left in Vietnam. But that is just a guesstimate.

God bless,
Ted

Okay. How much was it then and why is that acceptable.

Edit: and I don't think its wise to implement devaluation over time. An assault rifle isn't going to depreciate in the value of its killing capacity, for example.

Ty

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then you know that figure is false?

What was your plan for exiting Afghanistan?

If you take into account all the vehicles/aircraft that were left, you easily get way over 1 billion in assets left there for the Taliban to take. Why is this acceptable to you?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COVID ... with its accompanying economic impact, and insurrection ???

Any countries that kept corvid under control were.......not very diverse cultures.
The economic impact is global.
The insurrection was due to domestic terrorism and not really planned by the president though he encouraged it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. How much was it then and why is that acceptable.

Edit: and I don't think its wise to implement devaluation over time. An assault rifle isn't going to depreciate in the value of its killing capacity, for example.

Ty

Hi @friend of

Because it always has been. We always leave a lot of 'stuff' on the ground. Generally, it's too expensive and time consuming to pull back everything in a couple of months that we've put into a country over several years. A rifle may not depreciate in its value to kill, but it depreciates in dollar value no matter what. I mean, you can be philosophical all you want, but I'm talking about reality here. Here's an ad for guns.com: Browse our selection of used guns to find great deals on handguns, shotguns, rifles, and more. We work with local dealers as well as individual gun ...

Stuff depreciates and the only challenge to that is with very, very old items that might be considered antique and real estate. Everything else reduces in value from the day it was new.

So, is that your entire complaint? That Pres. Biden left a lot of military stuff on the ground in Afghanistan? Likely it wasn't his decision to make. More than likely it was the generals working with their logistics people that decided what we could leave as is; what we could leave, but destroy it's being usable; what we could leave because it's already pretty much served its useful life.

Next time you're in charge of a war, maybe you'll understand the reality of what it takes to vacate after a military skirmish. Especially one that lasted 20 years. Apparently, and somewhat proven by historical accounts, the U.S. military often leaves a ton of stuff on the ground when we leave.

The truth? Nobody knows the value of all that was left on the ground in Afghanistan. I don't think there's even any solid record of the itemization of what all was left. Have you seen one?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you take into account all the vehicles/aircraft that were left, you easily get way over 1 billion in assets left there for the Taliban to take. Why is this acceptable to you?

As an expert in military logistics, what would your solution have been?

Why did you quote the figure of 85bn if you knew it was false?

Are you also not aware the military rendered any vehicles and craft left behind inoperable?

Upvote 0