Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Catholics across the globe, from those in the pew to some of our own bishops, appear to have bought into the ideology of sexual orientation, a morally bankrupt rewriting of sexual reality that utterly revitalizes the truth about God's plan for us.

Continued below.
Why we need “objectively disordered” – Catholic World Report

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You do realize, I hope, the context of that question, and that when the Holy Father asked it he had just confirmed that certain acts are objectively disordered.

Words matter and the Pontiff should understand this. Here is how the liberal media read his comments:

Who am I to judge?" he asked.

Francis was addressing the issue of gays in the church, but it was the tone as much as the topic that caught the public's attention.

"The fact is that previous popes in talking about homosexuality had always mentioned the word 'disordered' and when you use that term, it immediately alienates," said Thavis, author of "The Vatican Diairies."

"Not only did Francis not use that word. He avoided the whole concept."

'Who am I to judge?': The pope's most powerful phrase in 2013 - NBC News

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
They reported his comments as meaning exactly the opposite of what he said. Considering their eagerness to blatantly lie, how do you suggest the Holy Father rephrase his comments so that they wouldn't?

Not suggesting anything oher then we should choose our words wisely. Do a search on google and as soon as you type "pope, who am". You get the NYT's and all the usual suspects saying otherwise.

The Pope has a history of ambiguity.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not suggesting anything oher then we should choose our words wisely.
Nonsense. You implied that the Holy Father did not choose his words wisely, and you just repeated yourself. So what other words should he have chosen, that would prevent an intentionally deceptive reporter to be intentionally deceptive in his reporting?

The Pope has a history of ambiguity.
This is not a time when he was ambiguous. The reporting was blantantly false.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Nonsense. You implied that the Holy Father did not choose his words wisely, and you just repeated yourself. So what other words should he have chosen, that would prevent an intentionally deceptive reporter to be intentionally deceptive in his reporting?

This is not a time when he was ambiguous. The reporting was blantantly false.

The Pope used the term "gay" never used by any previous Popes. He knew who his audience was and spoke to tjem.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis told reporters, speaking in Italian but using the English word “gay.”

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Pope used the term "gay" never used by any previous Popes. He knew who his audience was and spoke to tjem.
He explicitly referred to homosexual activity as sinful. The media reported him as implying that it is not, that the teaching of the Church could change about this; those reports were blatant and intentional lies.

The problem here is that YOU don't know who the audience was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
He explicitly referred to homosexual activity as sinful. The media reported him as implying that it is not, that the teaching of the Church could change about this; those reports were blatant and intentional lies.

The problem here is that YOU don't know who the audience was.

He said that after the fact. So who was the original audience?

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He said that after the fact. So who was the original audience?
You should try reading the transcript before you say such nonsense; he repeatedly and clearly characterized it as a sin in his response:

Ilze Scamparini

I would like permission to ask a delicate question: another image that has been going around the world is that of Monsignor Ricca and the news about his private life. I would like to know, Your Holiness, what you intend to do about this? How are you confronting this issue and how does Your Holiness intend to confront the whole question of the gay lobby?

Pope Francis

About Monsignor Ricca: I did what canon law calls for, that is a preliminary investigation. And from this investigation, there was nothing of what had been alleged. We did not find anything of that. This is the response. But I wish to add something else: I see that many times in the Church, over and above this case, but including this case, people search for “sins from youth”, for example, and then publish them. They are not crimes, right? Crimes are something different: the abuse of minors is a crime. No, sins. But if a person, whether it be a lay person, a priest or a religious sister, commits a sin and then converts, the Lord forgives, and when the Lord forgives, the Lord forgets and this is very important for our lives. When we confess our sins and we truly say, “I have sinned in this”, the Lord forgets, and so we have no right not to forget, because otherwise we would run the risk of the Lord not forgetting our sins. That is a danger. This is important: a theology of sin. Many times I think of Saint Peter. He committed one of the worst sins, that is he denied Christ, and even with this sin they made him Pope. We have to think a great deal about that. But, returning to your question more concretely. In this case, I conducted the preliminary investigation and we didn’t find anything. This is the first question. Then, you spoke about the gay lobby. So much is written about the gay lobby. I still haven’t found anyone with an identity card in the Vatican with “gay” on it. They say there are some there. I believe that when you are dealing with such a person, you must distinguish between the fact of a person being gay and the fact of someone forming a lobby, because not all lobbies are good. This one is not good. If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge him? The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this in a beautiful way, saying ... wait a moment, how does it say it ... it says: “no one should marginalize these people for this, they must be integrated into society”. The problem is not having this tendency, no, we must be brothers and sisters to one another, and there is this one and there is that one. The problem is in making a lobby of this tendency: a lobby of misers, a lobby of politicians, a lobby of masons, so many lobbies. For me, this is the greater problem. Thank you so much for asking this question. Many thanks.​

So again I ask: how could he have said it differently such that a reporter who intends to lie will not be able to lie? I've asked this of you repeatedly, it's time to man up and give an answer.

Upvote 0