Why we need Mexico's help with immigants.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is happening, according to this article, shouldn't be happening.

“It was just like a travel agency,” according to this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an incident under investigation.

The travel packages in Guatemala start at $15,000 for personalized five-star service that deliver customers to any destination in the United States. Caal opted for a mid-level offer, $7,000, plunging into debt. “It was express service,” said the person, who does not work for CBP.

Hundreds of migrant families arrive at remote border crossings, overwhelming U.S. agents

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think it is?

Mexico must secure it's own southern border. These immigrants have no right to enter Mexico let alone travel through unhindered to our southern border.

That said I think your question is directed at the humanitarian aspect, not the illegal smuggling. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mexico must secure it's own southern border. These immigrants have no right to enter Mexico let alone travel through unhindered to our southern border.

That said I think your question is directed at the humanitarian aspect, not the illegal smuggling. Am I correct?
Nope.
I like to scroll back thru history to Marine Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler's book "War Is A Rackett" to help us understand in part, why South & Central America are so messed up, that we even have a border problem.
It has to do with how our military was used as muscle for corporate profit there and he names the corporations for each country he "made safe for democracy".

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope.
I like to scroll back thru history to Marine Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler's book "War Is A Rackett" to help us understand in part, why South & Central America are so messed up, that we even have a border problem.
It has to do with how our military was used as muscle for corporate profit there and he names the corporations for each country he "made safe for democracy".

So, we sowed the seeds of this problem ourselves? Is there a solution in there somewhere?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, we sowed the seeds of this problem ourselves? Is there a solution in there somewhere?
What you mean, "we" paleface? ;)
No. it wasn't us, it was that corporation formed by the 1871 Organic Act doing business as the U.S.A.
There are ways of approaching the problem that are being explored. Nothing is guaranteed, though.
For individual legal responses, go to stopthepirates.com and you can get a picture of the problem from that perspective. The importance of the birth certificate and how the A4V process relates to that. Explains UCC being administered in place of Common Law in our courtrooms, etc. How to change your legal status from debtor to secured creditor, undertstand how adhesion contracts are used to establish jurisdiction, etc.

Please don't expect anything to be easy.

It's a complicated problem and needs to be understood in order to respond intelligently The scope of it is horrifying, so many simply shut down and refuse to believe it.
General Butler was approached by business interests AFTER he wrote his book and tried to recruit him into a coup they had planned. He had enough evidence to result in a congressional investigation which concluded with confirming his allegations.
So what happened?
Nothing.
Congress walked away and the press buried it.
They were already bought.
You can read the whitewashed version in Wikipedia, called The Business Plot because they couldn't totally bury it so they sanitized it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you mean, "we" paleface? ;)
No. it wasn't us, it was that corporation formed by the 1871 Organic Act doing business as the U.S.A.
There are ways of approaching the problem that are being explored. Nothing is guaranteed, though.
For individual legal responses, go to stopthepirates.com and you can get a picture of the problem from that perspective. The importance of the birth certificate and how the A4V process relates to that. Explains UCC being administered in place of Common Law in our courtrooms, etc. How to change your legal status from debtor to secured creditor, undertstand how adhesion contracts are used to establish jurisdiction, etc.

Please don't expect anything to be easy.

It's a complicated problem and needs to be understood in order to respond intelligently The scope of it is horrifying, so many simply shut down and refuse to believe it.
General Butler was approached by business interests AFTER he wrote his book and tried to recruit him into a coup they had planned. He had enough evidence to result in a congressional investigation which concluded with confirming his allegations.
So what happened?
Nothing.
Congress walked away and the press buried it.
They were already bought.
You can read the whitewashed version in Wikipedia, called The Business Plot because they couldn't totally bury it so they sanitized it.

Interesting. I'll do some reading on that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope.
Why is it that something that happened a generation ago has something to do with why it is today? Can we also say that Haiti's plight is because of what Bill Clinton did there? His "charitable" contribution? No. Central America and Haiti's plights are due to mis-handling of foreign welfare we give to those countries.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is it that something that happened a generation ago has something to do with why it is today?
Seriously?
Maybe you're right. History means nothing.
What happened 2,000 yrs ago in Israel has nothing to do with today.

Then you blame the victim for not spending his slave wage prudently.
facepalm

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Seriously?
Maybe you're right. History means nothing.
What happened 2,000 yrs ago in Israel has nothing to do with today.

Then you blame the victim for not spending his slave wage prudently.
facepalm
The facepalm is believing that people can't get out of some sort of oppression quickly. They can, and do, if they have the will. Secondly, I was speaking of financial things, not spiritual, and you know it. Spiritual things last. Secular things don't, very much. I know, you'll probably say something about those aqueducts the Romans built. But they serve only as architectural reminders, not functional.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Root of Jesse, post: The facepalm is believing that people can't get out of some sort of oppression quickly. They can, and do, if they have the will. Secondly, I was speaking of financial things, not spiritual, and you know it. Spiritual things last. Secular things don't, very much. I know, you'll probably say something about those aqueducts the Romans built. But they serve only as architectural reminders, not functional.
We have a border problem.
Why is our side a magnet?
Prosperity?
Why is our side so much more prosperous?
We exploited their resources at their expense.
Don't believe me?
Marine Major General Smedley Butler says so and names the corporations who profited by each country he pacified.
Can't blame you for being ignorant of the facts. It isn't news to be proud of so it isn't advertised.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The facepalm is believing that people can't get out of some sort of oppression quickly. They can, and do, if they have the will.

Sure people can overthrow oppression under the right conditions.....and there are examples of Central Americans doing just that. How did our country respond? For example, take a look at the Somoza regimes which ruled Nicaragua for 44 years...

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prosperity?
We exploited their resources at their expense.
Don't believe me?
Marine Major General Smedley Butler says so and names the corporations who profited by each country he pacified.
Can't blame you for being ignorant of the facts. It isn't news to be proud of so it isn't advertised.

"I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else."
  • From a speech (1933) By Marine Major General Smedley Butler.
Latest reports are that another invasion force of 15,000 is amassing in central America. We should build a wall of some sort to keep them out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prosperity?

Because we have inherited the birthright promise of material wealth promised to Abrahams descendants?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else."
  • From a speech (1933) By Marine Major General Smedley Butler.
Latest reports are that another invasion force of 15,000 is amassing in central America. We should build a wall of some sort to keep them out.

Why? the last "invasion force" (aka caravan) didn't get very far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why? the last "invasion force" (aka caravan) didn't get very far.

The next ones will be better funded and organized. And we are dealing with many who made it.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Illegal immigration is a problem in this country.

WHen dealing with ANY problem, it is important to understand the cause and how the problem came to be in the first place.

Secondly, it is important to focus on tangible and real solutions to said problem.

I am all about understanding and compassion on this issue, Look I get it... If I were a struggling worker with no employment in Latin America and I could travel a few thousand miles north and make more money in a month than I would in an entire year then yeah, of course I would want to go.

However, this is a basic math problem. The US economy can only support X number of immigrants per year. Illegal immigration easily pushes past this number. Only so many people can fit on a lifeboat before the entire thing sinks killing everyone...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's strange that some don't see that.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's strange that some don't see that.
M-Bob

It's even stranger that some don't see the US government could easily stop a caravan before it leaves Honduras. Curiously, Trump doesn't seem to be interested....

Upvote 0