Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are the danger of plague evident?
Aren’t many in distress?
Aren’t many prosecuted ?
Aren’t many concerned about famine ?
Aren’t many concerned about those killed ?

Yes, we have heard:
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. -Psalms 34:18

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. -Psalms 145:18

What does it mean to have the Lord near us ?
This is what we have heard:
Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. -Psalms 22:9
On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. -Psalms 22:10
Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. -Psalms 22:11

With the Lord near us, our HELP is not far from us !!!

• Useful
Reactions: Unqualified

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are the danger of plague evident?
Aren’t many in distress?
Aren’t many prosecuted ?
Aren’t many concerned about famine ?
Aren’t many concerned about those killed ?

Yes, we have heard:
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. -Psalms 34:18

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. -Psalms 145:18

What does it mean to have the Lord near us ?
Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. -Psalms 22:9
On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. -Psalms 22:10
Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. -Psalms 22:11

With the Lord near us, our HELP is not far from us !!!

JS: these are just the birthing pains.

• Prayers
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Parable of “a city set on a hill”- from Matthew 5:14-15

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. -Matthew 5:14
Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. -Matthew 5:15
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. -Matthew 5:16

We heard the Lord “in the same way” that means our Lord told us there is a parallel relevancy by what He said in regard to Matthew 5:16 and what He previously has said in Matthew 5:14 and 5:15.

Since the Lord testified that we are the light of the world, so we should let our light shine before others.

Since the Lord testified that we, city set on a hill that cannot be hidden so those who dwell in a city set on a hill should let our light shine before others.

Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house
so that others may see our good works and give glory to our Father who is in heaven.

In this same way, we can draw understanding the parallel relevance that the Lord wants to understand.

Despite that, if paused for a moment when the Lord said,”You are the light of the world.” Won’t we be amazed at His testimony of us !

In the same way, the Lord have said this :
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." -John 8:12

So, the Lord is saying that we are like Him who is the light of the world. For whoever follow the teaching of our Lord will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

How does the Lord able to believe that we are the light of the world?

For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light do we see light.
-Psalms 36:9

For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, -Proverbs 6:23

In the Lord’s light, we perceive His teaching that His reproofs of discipline are the way of life.

That is why He asks to deny ourselves, take cross and follow His teaching.

Considering what He said next in the parable : “A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. “

Let us consider the meaning of a city : From Psalm 107:4-9, we find a city where man dwell in, where the Lord satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things.

For a city set on a hill. This is what we have heard:
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? -Psalms 121:1
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. -Psalms 121:2

So, we ascertain those who dwell in a city who get their help from the Lord who made heaven and earth.

So, “the city set on a hill cannot be hidden” could be paraphrased:
those who dwell in a city cannot hide that they get their help from the Lord.

Matthew 5:14 that says:
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. “
When paraphrase for clarity:

Those who dwell in a city who are enlightened by the word of kingdom. They cannot hide that they get their help from the Lord.

Matthew 5:15 that says:
Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. -Matthew 5:15

“Nor do people who are enlightened with the word of the kingdom hide it under a fruit basket but as a witness and its witness give understanding to all in the house.”

Or for more clarity:
Every people who are enlightened with the word of the kingdom manifest the fruit of the Spirit. For they will stand as witnesses that gives understanding to all in the house.”

Matthew 5:16 that says:
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. -Matthew 5:16

In the same way, let our good works shine before others, so that others may see our good works and give glory to our Father who is in heaven.

————————————————————-

Together when we compiled what have been paraphrased :

Those who dwell in a city who are enlightened by the word of kingdom. They cannot hide that they get their help from the Lord.

Every people who are enlightened with the word of the kingdom manifest the fruit of the Spirit.
For they will stand as witnesses that give understanding to all in the house.”

In the same way, let our good works shine before others, so that others may see our good works and give glory to our Father who is in heaven.

What they cannot hide that they get their help from the Lord ?

That is why the Lord gave this instructions not to depart the city of Jerusalem ; for they will receive help, this is what we have heard:

And while staying with them He ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me; -Acts 1:4

for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." -Acts 1:5

So, those who dwell in a city who are enlightened by the word of kingdom. They cannot hide that they get Holy Spirit as their help from the Lord Jesus Christ.

For when Holy Spirit have helped the city, then that city can shine like the light of the world, that is, the city set on a hill that cannot be hidden.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear ones,
It is the Spirit who gives life;
the flesh is no help at all.
The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

If the flesh is no help at all ! Doesn’t that mean the Holy Spirit is our help? Yes.

How does the Holy Spirit give help ? Don’t we hear that the Spirit gives life ? Yes, so it must mean that the Holy Spirit help us by giving us life.

How do we receive this life ?
Aren’t the words that He spoke to us are spirit and life ? Yes

So,with His words near us.
So, also His help is near us.

Upvote 0