South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Has anyone else wondered why Mary was the young woman who was highly favored of the Lord? Why couldn't it have be any other virgin? I guess it doesn't matter but my guess is that The Father saw something in Mary that He didn't see in other young women or girls. Did Mary, like Hannah, pray for a child? Was she barren? I know and get that she was a godly young woman who followed the Scriptures and who lived a godly life. That is just an assumption. Could it also be because of Bible prophecy of Jesus' birth being foretold and Jesus' chosen lineage? What else could it be? Where else can I find Mary's lineage in scripture? Is anyone as curious as I am? It is a rather strange question, but my hope is that you will understand what I am trying to convey.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Has anyone else wondered why Mary was the young woman who was highly favored of the Lord? Why couldn't it have be any other virgin? I guess it doesn't matter but my guess is that The Father saw something in Mary that He didn't see in other young women or girls. Did Mary, like Hannah, pray for a child? Was she barren? I know and get that she was a godly young woman who followed the Scriptures and who lived a godly life. That is just an assumption. Could it also be because of Bible prophecy of Jesus' birth being foretold and Jesus' chosen lineage? What else could it be? Where else can I find Mary's lineage in scripture? Is anyone as curious as I am? It is a rather strange question, but my hope is that you will understand what I am trying to convey.
It is the Lord's will that women remain virgin till they marry. Not all women achieve this, but Mary did. She had reason to be proud of herself. However, after the Lord impregnated her with Jesus, who was going to believe that she was a virgin?

That is why she deserves our respect.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0