Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Mt 22.

Doesn't they say as many rights they have, and goods they own, as many duties too?
Didn't God created the silver that's used to mint money? Why was Caesar's image represented on Something God's created?
You could ask the same question why the Queen's head is on British Commonwealth coins and Banknotes. It represents the head of Government who mints the coins. Roman coins were minted by the Government under Caesar, so the currency is validated by Caesar as legal tender.

If someone tried to pass off a coin that was minted of the same silver but had the head of the emperor of another empire on it, Roman shops would not accept it as valid currency of the Roman Empire.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You could ask the same question why the Queen's head is on British Commonwealth coins and Banknotes.
And with any representation on any piece of silver or scrap of paper..
If someone tried to pass off a coin that was minted of the same silver but had the head of the emperor of another empire on it, Roman shops would not accept it as valid currency of the Roman Empire.
My questionning is triple.
You Don't answer the third that was:
Why was Caesar's image represented on Something God's created?
In other words, is Caesar a legitimate owner of the silver?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And with any representation on any piece of silver or scrap of paper..
My questionning is triple.
You Don't answer the third that was:

Why was Caesar's image represented on Something God's created?

peter2 said:
In other words, is Caesar a legitimate owner of the silver?

I believe that Oscarr answered this question. The image shows who authorized the coin, not who owns or created the material from which it is made.

• Informative
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Oscarr answered this question. The image shows who authorized the coin, not who owns or created the material from which it is made.
May be, or not.. In: " Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.", doesn't Jesus refer to an ownership? For He didn't say: "the things Caesar authorised, and God created, respectively"
Somewhere else, He said one cannot serve God and Mammon(money) together.
Now, who serves (in an unwilling way, in the roman fashion, not in the willingly christian fashion), but the servant or the slave?
And, between Caesar and God, and through money, who serves who? Or, in other words, through money, who did Caesar serve, God or someone else?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello, peter.
Hello Albion,
On my computer screen, in my CF session, commercials appear sometimes, showing necklaces with lockets where first names are engraved. Necklaces may also be called chains. The latter word has two significations: Something you can use to tie a prisoner; Something you can use to tie friends together in friendship. Besides, superscriptions on the locket also seem to tie people together, but in such a way you Don't know who is tied to whom, namely: Is the "wearer" of the locket someone that decided alone to wear this purposely-made jewel, someone to whom was given the jewel for the other purposes of either possessing him/her (the wearer), or to show to him/her his/her attachment of giver?
What's more, at weddings, when the ring is sacred or blessed, is sacrament or blessing this of the gold or this of the wedding, and of love? I guess any jewel-covered woman would have a subjective but interesting answer to reply, Don't you think?

I read only the end of your long link, but it provided me with the inspiration for the preceeding questionning. My regards

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Mt 22.

Doesn't they say as many rights they have, and goods they own, as many duties too?
Didn't God created the silver that's used to mint money? Why was Caesar's image represented on Something God's created?

You seem to have a point that you intend to make.

Go ahead and make your point, then we can discuss that instead of trying to answer a question for which you already have an answer you're satisfied with.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have a point that you intend to make.
i have Something that looks like a point but it's not Crystal-clear in my mind, and it's helpful to have your opinion. i intend to find myself , to share with christian or non christian about it.
Here it is, to sum up, but it's again on the questionniong form:
Isn't men's Relationship with money Something like a kind of addiction that starts with the illusion that money can buy everything? i relate it to the temptation Satan tried with Jesus as to give him the whole of worldly Glory, in exchange with his adoring him. Well, Satan failed to buy Jesus with Glory, with money too, then. So, did Jesus start his salvation.
It's just like an intuition, but Don't men participate in tempting God when they put their faith in money, in stead of in God, and His grace. A kingdom divided against himself is losing itself. Has God Something to do with Mammon? Do we not try and be autonomous of God through resorting to money whereas we ought to try the opposite, to free ourselves from money with the Son's help?
Well, i live with this questionning and try to find the exit of what looks like a collective prison of collectively owned people, prison whose Walls are entirely made of our own and individual desires to own. I still have to dig a lot, but as catholic, i trust Eucharist to be the substitution food of these desires that makes us those wealthy people that enter the kingdom of God with difficulty. I hope i Don't disturb you with this Eucharist-related idea; I Didn't intended to try and find Freedom from sin and money in order to Promote catholicism; just in order to find Freedom.

Upvote 0