The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is ridiculous, if you can't say it in a few sentences you shouldn't say it at all.
No one is going to read it all and so you won't get your point across trying to write a book.
Sounds like a judgment.
Not to mention a false statement.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here is THE thing. THE THING that is driving Trump, causing all the division and hopefully that the Republican Party as a whole is catching up to. MAGA is God’s agenda. Not for America’s sake but for the whole worlds sake. To make the whole world freer and more prosperous. To bless the 100’s of millions people who have become Christians in the last few decades but live under harsh developing world or despotic world conditions. To bless the hundreds of millions more that will become Christians in the next few decades. And a whole host of other reasons to numerous to list here.

That my friends and foes is what makes Donald Trump a man after Gods own heart. Not that Trump is a good person! But that Trump is a person who has Gods vision for the world in his heart AND THEREFORE can be used by God to implement strategic parts of that vision.

That is the true spiritual nature of this and the reason for the unparalleled opposition to the man. It is also a means for God to execute judgement. He has been progressively providing light to the people of this nation along these lines which he knows many, because of selfish ambitions, personal interests and proud hearts will progressively reject. This is the same way ”God hardened” the heart of Pharaoh. By giving Pharaoh light God knew he would reject. This causes progressive irrational self destructive behavior in the people who’s hearts are being hardened. On the other hand blessings in those that recognize God’s hand in this situation and go with it.

Now I’m sorry that God could not find a moral man or mature Christian to work with in HIS agenda. But he at least has A man. People are fighting against that man at their own peril. It’s also why many a Christian are Trump supporters. It’s not because they think he is a saint or that he will do everything right. It’s because they see the spiritual nature of the agenda and know it is from heaven

lol this is the wrong forum for this. Expect a chorus of atheists, agnostics, and skeptics to chime in...

oops "Christians only" I just read. OK forget that, good job! Maybe I should be posting in this section of the board. Very tired of the negativity of the main political section.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That my friends and foes is what makes Donald Trump a man after Gods own heart. Not that Trump is a good person! But that Trump is a person who has Gods vision for the world in his heart AND THEREFORE can be used by God to implement strategic parts of that vision.

I do, genuinely, want to understand this point of view, the idea that President Trump is acting as an agent of God in the world. Can you explore it with me a bit?

I'm willing to grant the principle that God can use a Pharaoh or a Nebuchadnezzar to carry out God's will; God can use all sorts of people, whether they understand their part in God's plan or not.

But I don't yet see how President Trump is working (or being used by God) to carry out God's vision for the world. You talked about how he's working to improve the conditions of Christians in nations that are troubled by poverty or tyranny or both -- but I don't see it. I didn't think that working for human rights overseas was part of his agenda; rather, I thought that one of his priorities was trying to stay out of the affairs of other nations.

Can you clarify this for me? What policies or actions do you see him taking that are designed to improve things for Christians in other countries? In what ways is he carrying out God's vision for the world? (There certainly may be policies or actions that I missed -- I try to keep up with the news, but there's a lot going on, and I don't catch everything.)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because there was not one; and that was a very, very sad and pathetic reality he has to deal with all the time.
Are you serious? There were plenty of more qualified Republicans who are far better Christians.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do, genuinely, want to understand this point of view, the idea that President Trump is acting as an agent of God in the world. Can you explore it with me a bit?

I'm willing to grant the principle that God can use a Pharaoh or a Nebuchadnezzar to carry out God's will; God can use all sorts of people, whether they understand their part in God's plan or not.

But I don't yet see how President Trump is working (or being used by God) to carry out God's vision for the world. You talked about how he's working to improve the conditions of Christians in nations that are troubled by poverty or tyranny or both -- but I don't see it. I didn't think that working for human rights overseas was part of his agenda; rather, I thought that one of his priorities was trying to stay out of the affairs of other nations.

Can you clarify this for me? What policies or actions do you see him taking that are designed to improve things for Christians in other countries? In what ways is he carrying out God's vision for the world? (There certainly may be policies or actions that I missed -- I try to keep up with the news, but there's a lot going on, and I don't catch everything.)
Big subject. Could just use China as one example. Every American company that goes to China based on the promises of an open door to the billion people strong Chinese market has their product pirated by China. China then makes its own knock offs of that product or is in the process of it. Any machinery to make those products are stolen. And the trade agreements of an open market to Chinese people never materialize. Also trade agreements made with the USA are violated without any afterthought.if China under a trade agreement is allowed to send say 100,000 quartz countertop slabs to the USA per year. They illegally ship a million and with the massive trade deficit money sell those slabs for less than they cost to produce so they can put every other non Chinese manufacturer out of business.

So if that were a strictly American issue that would be one thing. It’s what they are using those 100’s of billions of dollars that you and I are sending them to do. They are exploiting the developing world with that money doing predatory lending like they are some giant pawn shop that developing nations can never pay back then stealing their assets. They are militarily threatening all their neighbors but don’t yet have the military might to confront the USA who is protecting all their neighbors. We are paying for that military might. Both in raw dollars and stolen technology and weapons systems. I have lots of friends in developing nations. My brother has lived all over SE Asia. Everyone hates the Chinese guts because they are such exploiters. They have moved away from communism into facism and aim to take over the world. Which of course would eventually mean WWIII.

God is trying to avoid all that. God needs the time for the millions of Chinese that are becoming Christians to not only influence their country from its evil piratical ways and horrendous racism. He needs them to transform it and become its leaders. So it’s a race against time and because Trump is willing to take on that fight that others coward away from. God may just be able to buy that time and avoid the world falling into a war that would kill a billion people. So that is just one example. I gave another about immigration to another commenter on this thread if you want to find it and read it.

• Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you serious? There were plenty of more qualified Republicans who are far better Christians.
Far better Christians personally. Absolutely. That is my point though. Could they win the presidency and has God been in on their circumstances in life to prepare them for the fight the way he has Trump? Bush was a good Christian and his “good Christianity” prevented him from carrying out God’s vision. This had pretty horrific results in the end. But in a certain sense. It’s not about the man. It’s about God stepping into American politics in a way he hasn’t for decades to see to it certain aspects of his will are carried out. If that were not happening right know. Trump would have already been crushed.
Jesus has literally come down to earth to execute some judgement and fulfill some promise. He put Trump in office as Just apart of his own much broader purpose.

If Christians understood what the coming of the Lord was rather than thinking it has something to do with their end of the world superstitions. Then they might be a little more sensitive to God coming down to do what he is doing right now.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Far better Christians personally. Absolutely. That is my point though. Could they win the presidency and has God been in on their circumstances in life to prepare them for the fight the way he has Trump? Bush was a good Christian and his “good Christianity” prevented him from carrying out God’s vision. This had pretty horrific results in the end. But in a certain sense. It’s not about the man. It’s about God stepping into American politics in a way he hasn’t for decades to see to it certain aspects of his will are carried out. If that were not happening right know. Trump would have already been crushed.
Jesus has literally come down to earth to execute some judgement and fulfill some promise. He put Trump in office as Just apart of his own much broader purpose.

If Christians understood what the coming of the Lord was rather than thinking it has something to do with their end of the world superstitions. Then they might be a little more sensitive to God coming down to do what he is doing right now.
Man that seems very disturbing that a Christian believes that God couldn't have had Paul Ryan chosen to be President or Marco Rubio.

Trump is everything a Christian should not be.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s because they see the spiritual nature of the agenda and know it is from heaven

You are only saying that because you happen to agree with his political agenda.
That is the danger of mixing politics with religion. My way, our way becomes God's way.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man that seems very disturbing that a Christian believes that God couldn't have had Paul Ryan chosen to be President or Marco Rubio.

Trump is everything a Christian should not be.
No no. That’s not what is disturbing. What is disturbing is that these good Christians don’t have what it takes to get the job done. So God has to go rustle up some one like a Trump to do it. I agree that is disturbing.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are only saying that because you happen to agree with his political agenda.
That is the danger of mixing politics with religion. My way, our way becomes God's way.
My words are testable. No one has to believe them without Having the benefit of some simple personal testing they can do between them and God to find out themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol this is the wrong forum for this. Expect a chorus of atheists, agnostics, and skeptics to chime in...

oops "Christians only" I just read. OK forget that, good job! Maybe I should be posting in this section of the board. Very tired of the negativity of the main political section.
You are right. I did not make this thread for them though. I made it because the proper wording helps those who are consciencely and intuitively aware of Gods hand at work but can’t quite put it in words. The tumult and confusion the devil is stirring up because he sees he is losing some control he had in the earth is not helping anyone understand. I should not be talking to all these skeptics though. It’s not that I don’t want to pull one or two of them out of the fire. It’s that I don’t have time for this and I’m being stupid.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No no. That’s not what is disturbing. What is disturbing is that these good Christians don’t have what it takes to get the job done.
If God wanted it, they could do it.
So God has to go rustle up some one like a Trump to do it. I agree that is disturbing.
God or Satan? Trump comes closer to fulfilling the anti-Christ than anyone has. He loves money , which is the root of all evil. He loves himself more than money. Which is the sin of pride. He loves power.

This man is not fit to be President or idolized by Evangelical Christianity. It is sinful for our Christian leaders to NOT call out Trump for his sinful ways.

Reactions: Nokomis
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God wanted it, they could do it.

God or Satan? Trump comes closer to fulfilling the anti-Christ than anyone has. He loves money , which is the root of all evil. He loves himself more than money. Which is the sin of pride. He loves power.

This man is not fit to be President or idolized by Evangelical Christianity. It is sinful for our Christian leaders to NOT call out Trump for his sinful ways.
My Bible says it’s the will of God that all people be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Yet all people, in fact most people are not. Indicating the will of the individual is the deciding factor of the good will of God coming to pass in their lives.

So no. What you are saying is just plain error. You don’t know what moral agency is. God did not creat mankind in his image physically. He created them in his image as moral agents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every leader that comes into power, whether Obama or Trump, is there because God wants them to be.
I don’t know about that. A whole nation of Daniels can pray for a leader to do the right thing and the guy can go right ahead and do the opposite of the right thing. Cause all kinds of death and destruction. But when God’s people get to pray for a leader to go the right thing, the wise thing, the best thing and that leader has the heart to do it in the first place. Even against lots of pressure and personal trouble. Then they get a chance to see their prayers answered. Didn’t say don’t pray. Just pointing out practical realities.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i find that impossible to believe
Do you find it impossible to believe that God couldn’t find a person to intervene, stand in the gap, act as an intercessor between heaven and earth so that Jehovah the Word God had to come down to earth himself, as it says in Isaiah?

We humans are in a pretty sad state. If it were not for God’s intervention in the affairs of earth over these many millennia. We Would be like the Aztecs.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My Bible says it’s the will of God that all people be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
Mine does too.
Yet all people, in fact most people are not.
I'll leave that to God.
Indicating the will of the individual is the deciding factor of the good will of God coming to pass in their lives.
That borders on heresy. I would agree that we have free will but no one comes to God through his own free will.
So no. What you are saying is just plain error.
Point out which part is error.
You don’t know what moral agency is.
Sure I do. Religion doesn't keep a person from doing the right thing. Trump lacks moral agency.
Atheists are quite capable of making good moral decisions as any other religion. Even Satanists.
God did not creat mankind in his image physically. He created them in his image as moral agents.
God is Spirit. He created man and gave him the capability of doing right but man will fail. No man, other than Jesus, did God the Father's will.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you find it impossible to believe that God couldn’t find a person to intervene, stand in the gap, act as an intercessor between heaven and earth so that Jehovah the Word God had to come down to earth himself, as it says in Isaiah?
i find it impossible to believe that Trump is the best God could find.

We humans are in a pretty sad state. If it were not for God’s intervention in the affairs of earth over these many millennia. We Would be like the Aztecs.
the Aztecs were invaded by and then slaughtered by Christian.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know about that. A whole nation of Daniels can pray for a leader to do the right thing and the guy can go right ahead and do the opposite of the right thing. Cause all kinds of death and destruction. But when God’s people get to pray for a leader to go the right thing, the wise thing, the best thing and that leader has the heart to do it in the first place. Even against lots of pressure and personal trouble. Then they get a chance to see their prayers answered. Didn’t say don’t pray. Just pointing out practical realities.
The Bible says that God appoints rulers in the book of Daniel. Also Romans.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.