• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured why trump closed with AVE MARIA?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 3, 2020.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+361
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    isn't he protestant?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,073
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't know what he really is, faith-wise.

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,701
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I doubt that he knows what the words mean. It's a beautiful tune, shame about the words.

4. solid_core

solid_core Well-Known Member

+1,539
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    Lol, what else will we witness?

5. solid_core

+1,539
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    Trump has an advantage that even if he does something bad, people can say that he did not undestand what he was doing, saying or even where he was.

And we can actually believe it :) Because "he is just a businessman" and businessmen are probably seen as uneducated, by the general populus of USA.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. lambofgod43985889

+361
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Ave Maria
    Gratia plena
    Maria, gratia plena
    Maria, gratia plena
    Ave, ave dominus
    Dominus tecum
    Benedicta tu in mulieribus
    Et benedictus
    Benedictus fructus, fructus ventris
    Ventris tui, Jesus
    Ave Maria
    Ave Maria
    Mater Dei
    Ora pro nobis peccatoribus
    Ora, ora pro nobis
    Ora, ora pro nobis peccatoribus
    Nunc et in hora mortis
    In hora mortis nostrae
    In hora mortis, mortis nostrae
    In hora mortis nostrae
    Ave Maria

the song says: maria, pray for us, sinners

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. solid_core

+1,539
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    Mater Dei - Mother of God
    Ora - pray
    Ora pro nobis - pray for us
    Ora pro nobis peccatoribus - pray for us, sinners
    Nunc et in hora mortis - now and in the hour of death
    in hora mortis nostrae - in the hour of our death

8. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,327
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Lovely song.

9. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+524
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Trump is Protestant but perhaps he chose it because the Catholic song crosses the denominational walls because Protestants all respect Mary too.

10. solid_core

+1,539
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    Should not Jesus/God be the thing that crosses the denominational wall? Mary is quite a controversial topic between churches.

But maybe its a political trick before the election:
    a) catholics are delighted
    b) protestants will be said that Trump did not know what the song is or that the song was picked by somebody from his team

Politics are mind games.

11. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+524
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Trump isn't trying to be religiously controversial. Give the guy a break. It's a song that even the non-religious would most likely embrace because it's frequently sung in Opera nights of music that people of any background would attend.
    If Pelosi used the song I'd of called it a political trick. Because she doesn't show her Catholic faith that much at all. And she recently wore an Islam cloak and bowed her knee.

But Trump hasn't done anything so inconsistent like that. Instead he has shown his Christian faith whenever possible. So that makes the choice of song that I believe he picked out himself to be a genuine show of where he stands.
    I was delighted and I'm not Catholic. Just multiply that to represent if not all Christians then more than you might have thought would be.
    Maybe some Protestants somehow don't know that he comes from a Christian church attending background.

But aside from that, Trump isn't a Bible thumper but he's not hesitant to stand in front of a church and hold a Bible where anyone can identify that it is a Bible and not some other book. Which again was his way of showing where he took his foundational source for his choices concerning this nation.

Another thing, why would anyone think that Trump wouldn't have ever heard a very commonly heard song?
    They might be but Trump is the least if at all, and first President I've known of who doesn't play political mind games to deceive the public. Ronald Reagan is the runner up of Presidents who haven't in my estimation, based on what was at the time limited republican support in the news.

I would say based on the overall context of the RNC convention that using the song is a reminder of the Christian history of this country, and of the Bible based principles from which the Constitution of this nation were written.
    Such principles that were on display when every person at the RNC stood at the podium and gave their statements that speak of an appreciation and support for where this nation has gone and will go under Trump's continued leadership.

I particularly enjoyed the strongly religious based statements from (I don't recall his name nor his field of service so I can only identify him this way) the black gentleman that gave his personal salvation testimony as a reason why he now works in the field of service to the communities of this nation that he does.
    I would guess that his was an example of the freedom of Christian religion and giving Christian testimony in a public venue.

My response is the long way to say, I don't agree with you on anything that you've said.

12. lambofgod43985889

+361
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    mary is a mere mortal who was chosen by god then she died and is sleeping

13. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,932
    Anglican
    Married
    Yes, he's a Protestant, but although Catholics are inclined to think of this musical selection as the Hail Mary prayer set to music, it is actually neither specifically Catholic nor identical to the prayer.

14. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,998
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I would not be at all surprised if that song was chosen by his wife, who is Roman Catholic.

15. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 864511320 Supporter

+4,831
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    It was one of only a few songs left, given all of the cease and desist orders of contemporary artists toward using their songs.

16. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+524
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Do you remember at all that I did say that I was not Catholic?

17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,932
    Anglican
    Married
    When a person puts "Christian" on his profile instead of a denomination (or non-denominational), no one knows what it is supposed to mean.

18. Tigger45

Tigger45 Martin Luther Supporter

+10,722
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    My guess is they chose that song to help woo the Catholic vote for the upcoming election who are typically very pro-life.

19. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,805
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    To appeal to the catholic and orthodox sectors.

We really have no idea what Trump's beliefs are in regard to the Lord.

20. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,701
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It's only in the last few years that I bothered to find out the translation. I rather wish I had not.