Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Czech republic is one of few countries that made wearing face masks obligatory.

Here is why:

The experts are saying that only certain masks work, and even those only work for 4 hours.
We can't buy masks in Australia, even the Doctors and Dentists can't get enough to meet their needs so we just have to hope that someone will start making mask to meet the demand.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The experts are saying that only certain masks work, and even those only work for 4 hours.
We can't buy masks in Australia, even the Doctors and Dentists can't get enough to meet their needs so we just have to hope that someone will start making mask to meet the demand.

Hi dan,

Personally, I'd venture that the experts aren't really thinking straight. On another thread, I used the example of hurricane preparedness in Miami-Dade Co. FL. The rules for window coverings are that only those coverings that have been tested to withstand a direct on-end strike of a 2x4 at, I'm not sure, but I think it's 60 mph. However, having lived through a number of hurricanes in south Florida, I can attest that such a requirement is over thinking the issue for 90% of the debris that strikes a window in a home. Most debris is flying around willy nilly and is not an unfettered 2x4 that has just blown off a stack of new lumber that just happens to hit the window in a direct perpendicular position. Roof tiles and pieces of trees and pool enclosure pieces with screen still attached and thousands of other bits are all flying around outside your home, but there are actually very, very few 2x4's flying clean in a direct perpendicular position to a window. So, the reality is that pretty much any reasonably strong panel that is firmly affixed to the home's structure will stop 90% of window damage. However, the stringent testing is trying to provide the 100%.

Similarly, with the mask issue, yes, if you absolutely want to be 100% safe, then you have to have a certain mask and there must not be any leakage whatsoever around the mask. However, for the majority of us, any reasonable covering to filter out airborne particles will prevent 80-90% of the infectious contagion from being inhaled. While our experts fiddle on trying to find the best of the best solutions for the problem, Rome is burning. China has greatly reduced it's spread by enforcing mask use and now, apparently, so has Czechoslovakia. So, I believe, although I'm admittedly no expert, that we should be enforcing a mask provision for shopping and other away from home activities as they are. That should at least cut down on some of the transmission until the 'experts' can come up with their 100% method.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi dan,

Personally, I'd venture that the experts aren't really thinking straight. On another thread, I used the example of hurricane preparedness in Miami-Dade Co. FL. The rules for window coverings are that only those coverings that have been tested to withstand a direct on-end strike of a 2x4 at, I'm not sure, but I think it's 60 mph. However, having lived through a number of hurricanes in south Florida, I can attest that such a requirement is over thinking the issue for 90% of the debris that strikes a window in a home. Most debris is flying around willy nilly and is not an unfettered 2x4 that has just blown off a stack of new lumber that just happens to hit the window in a direct perpendicular position. Roof tiles and pieces of trees and pool enclosure pieces with screen still attached and thousands of other bits are all flying around outside your home, but there are actually very, very few 2x4's flying clean in a direct perpendicular position to a window. So, the reality is that pretty much any reasonably strong panel that is firmly affixed to the home's structure will stop 90% of window damage. However, the stringent testing is trying to provide the 100%.

Similarly, with the mask issue, yes, if you absolutely want to be 100% safe, then you have to have a certain mask and there must not be any leakage whatsoever around the mask. However, for the majority of us, any reasonable covering to filter out airborne particles will prevent 80-90% of the infectious contagion from being inhaled. While our experts fiddle on trying to find the best of the best solutions for the problem, Rome is burning. China has greatly reduced it's spread by enforcing mask use and now, apparently, so has Czechoslovakia. So, I believe, although I'm admittedly no expert, that we should be enforcing a mask provision for shopping and other away from home activities as they are. That should at least cut down on some of the transmission until the 'experts' can come up with their 100% method.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Hi Ted, I know exactly what you mean when say that the experts don't always get it right.
There are countless examples of God's providence confounding and humiliating, the experts. I heard a report that one of the owners or designers of the Titanic, was reported to have said that "Not even God can sink this ship"
I'm bit weary of accepting all the claims and advice of the mainstream scientists and medical experts. It's as though we're being conditioned to receive the Antichrist. Most folks would welcome a leader who could offer solutions to the worlds problems.
Blessings, Dan

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dan,

Yes, I've heard that claim about the Titanic also. While no one could prove it, there is the possibility that when God heard such blasphemy, He did set the iceberg on its path. Which, while God may have set the iceberg on its path, proved to that blasphemer that it really didn't take God's hand to sink it. Just a normal, ordinary, every day iceberg could do the job.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dan,

According to Reuters: As of Thursday evening the U.S. death toll from COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus, stood at 5,887, with more than 243,000 cases across all 50 states.

It also states that the death toll rose by over 1,000 in a single day. The same article is now touting that we should wear masks when out and about, but of course, we shouldn't go out and about if not necessary. Apparently the 'experts' are 'learning' more.

The problem now, of course, is getting a reasonable mask available in the quantities needed to do the job. I suspect that was always the real reason why we were being told that masks were a wasted effort in the beginning. The CDC knew that recommending masks would take from those who, in their estimation, were more important people to have them. However, I just came back from a Walmart trip and am glad to report that it's catching on. I saw dozens of people with masks.

A friend I met had one. She pulled it out of her purse and showed me. LOL!!!!! Another lady I saw, who in her defense was in the parking lot, was wearing it down under her chin while she loaded her groceries. .

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi dan,

According to Reuters: As of Thursday evening the U.S. death toll from COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus, stood at 5,887, with more than 243,000 cases across all 50 states.

It also states that the death toll rose by over 1,000 in a single day. The same article is now touting that we should wear masks when out and about, but of course, we shouldn't go out and about if not necessary. Apparently the 'experts' are 'learning' more.

The problem now, of course, is getting a reasonable mask available in the quantities needed to do the job. I suspect that was always the real reason why we were being told that masks were a wasted effort in the beginning. The CDC knew that recommending masks would take from those who, in their estimation, were more important people to have them. However, I just came back from a Walmart trip and am glad to report that it's catching on. I saw dozens of people with masks.

A friend I met had one. She pulled it out of her purse and showed me. LOL!!!!! Another lady I saw, who in her defense was in the parking lot, was wearing it down under her chin while she loaded her groceries. .

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I was listening to a sermon on sermonaudio.com today, and the speaker was reading some historical documents about previous viruses. I didn't hear everything clearly because of the background noise at work, but I heard a disturbing account of families being burned alive in their homes during the small pox outbreak in the US.
The speaker said that the authorities boarded up the doors and windows of the houses which contained infected families and burned them. I believe it was around 140 years ago when they didn't have a medical solution, so they believed they had no other choice.
This current virus is a mild one compared to the Spanish flu, which killed many millions and the black plague before it which killed over 50 million in Europe alone.
The experts are saying that this virus won't be around for long, some say it will be gone in a couple of months while others say it could be up to 6 months.
If this virus was created by men, then God will still use it to glorify Himself. So we can be sure that God never lets a crisis go to waste.
Blessings

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dan,

Well, I tried finding some verified information on what your speaker described and it really doesn't seem to be verified anywhere. I just did a quick search, so maybe there is other information out there on it. I believe he's referring to the small pox outbreak of 1776. It largely decimated many of the cities and towns, but that houses were burned down with people alive inside doesn't seem to be well documented. There was a report of a hospital being burned, but not to eradicate the disease. It was burned by a group who were protesting the high cost of care that the poor couldn't afford, according to the source.

Yes, the world has had some fairly major epidemics over the centuries, which is why I feel confident that the horsemen of the apocalypse are already loosed. Greed concerning food and oil, widespread disease and war and areas of famine have popped up around the globe now for quite some time. I believe that it is much worse in the 2,000 years after Jesus' time with us than the 4,000 years before.

I've been hearing that some expect it to peak in mid April. That's still at least 2 weeks away and with the exponential growth as it has been, the quarter million that we have now could easily turn into multiple millions in two weeks. We'll see. However, I do believe that we should have been enforcing a mask policy since the very beginning of the outbreak. While it absolutely is not a 100% guarantee, I believe that it would have cut down on a lot of the spread.

Of course, this means that we need to come up with some way to immediately transfer production resources to the making of masks as soon as there is a whisper of an epidemic. I don't think stockpiling masks is necessarily a good idea, as the situations come up so very rarely. They generally run 20-30 years apart and the last epidemic of this proportion was 100 years ago. To stockpile product for that length of time would be problematic, I think, as far as the effectiveness of the masks. I read where one organization got a load of stockpiled masks and they were worthless because of their age. Montgomery County receives 5,000 rotted masks from national stockpile Such epidemics just don't happen often enough to just keep a stockpile of masks unless the stock is rotated out every couple of years and replenished with new stock.

As of this morning, according to worldometer, nearly 280,000 cases and 7,500 deaths. Of those, a measly 12,000 have recovered. Those are yesterday's numbers so it may well be over 300,000 at this moment. So far, we haven't seen a single day of any reduction, or even plateau, in the spread.

God bless and stay safe,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi dan,

Well, I tried finding some verified information on what your speaker described and it really doesn't seem to be verified anywhere. I just did a quick search, so maybe there is other information out there on it. I believe he's referring to the small pox outbreak of 1776. It largely decimated many of the cities and towns, but that houses were burned down with people alive inside doesn't seem to be well documented. There was a report of a hospital being burned, but not to eradicate the disease. It was burned by a group who were protesting the high cost of care that the poor couldn't afford, according to the source.

Yes, the world has had some fairly major epidemics over the centuries, which is why I feel confident that the horsemen of the apocalypse are already loosed. Greed concerning food and oil, widespread disease and war and areas of famine have popped up around the globe now for quite some time. I believe that it is much worse in the 2,000 years after Jesus' time with us than the 4,000 years before.

I've been hearing that some expect it to peak in mid April. That's still at least 2 weeks away and with the exponential growth as it has been, the quarter million that we have now could easily turn into multiple millions in two weeks. We'll see. However, I do believe that we should have been enforcing a mask policy since the very beginning of the outbreak. While it absolutely is not a 100% guarantee, I believe that it would have cut down on a lot of the spread.

Of course, this means that we need to come up with some way to immediately transfer production resources to the making of masks as soon as there is a whisper of an epidemic. I don't think stockpiling masks is necessarily a good idea, as the situations come up so very rarely. They generally run 20-30 years apart and the last epidemic of this proportion was 100 years ago. To stockpile product for that length of time would be problematic, I think, as far as the effectiveness of the masks. I read where one organization got a load of stockpiled masks and they were worthless because of their age. Montgomery County receives 5,000 rotted masks from national stockpile Such epidemics just don't happen often enough to just keep a stockpile of masks unless the stock is rotated out every couple of years and replenished with new stock.

As of this morning, according to worldometer, nearly 280,000 cases and 7,500 deaths. Of those, a measly 12,000 have recovered. Those are yesterday's numbers so it may well be over 300,000 at this moment. So far, we haven't seen a single day of any reduction, or even plateau, in the spread.

God bless and stay safe,
In Christ, ted
I looked up that speaker and I've added a link here. I also found another source which mentions the same incident, just scroll to around the half hour mark of the documentary to see them talking about it.
This is the speaker here: COVID-19 vs Spanish Flu:Historical Comparison 1918vs2020
And this is the documentary here:
Please let me know if these claims are true, as they are quite disturbing.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dan,

Please let me know if these claims are true, as they are quite disturbing.
Blessings.

I don't have any idea if they are actually true or not. I don't think there are any eyewitnesses left around to give an account. All I'm saying is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of printed material that supports the account in a quick web search. I can certainly understand that in a time of such fear, some might use rather drastic measures to do what they believed would help eradicate the disease.

When I tried to click on your link it says that it's blocked because Scripps hasn't given permission for the content in the U.S. Which brings up the question: Is your information about the U.S. or Australia. Your other link seems to be about the spanish flu, which I don't know anything about and haven't done any research.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi dan,

I don't have any idea if they are actually true or not. I don't think there are any eyewitnesses left around to give an account. All I'm saying is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of printed material that supports the account in a quick web search. I can certainly understand that in a time of such fear, some might use rather drastic measures to do what they believed would help eradicate the disease.

When I tried to click on your link it says that it's blocked because Scripps hasn't given permission for the content in the U.S. Which brings up the question: Is your information about the U.S. or Australia. Your other link seems to be about the spanish flu, which I don't know anything about and haven't done any research.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
The speaker's title has the spanish flu in it but he does talk about all the major plagues of history, including the US.
That other documentary is on youtube, it's title is "Haunting in the Heartland S1E01 - The Watchman" they talk about the incident at around the 30 min mark.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The speaker's title has the spanish flu in it but he does talk about all the major plagues of history, including the US.
That other documentary is on youtube, it's title is "Haunting in the Heartland S1E01 - The Watchman" they talk about the incident at around the 30 min mark.

Hi dan,

When I Google 'youtube haunting in the heartland', I come up with some series that's a part of a paid subscription service. It appears to be some television series. I'm guessing the S1E01 stands for season 1 episode 01. I don't generally take my truth from made for TV shows, unless they are described as documentaries.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,041.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi dan,

When I Google 'youtube haunting in the heartland', I come up with some series that's a part of a paid subscription service. It appears to be some television series. I'm guessing the S1E01 stands for season 1 episode 01. I don't generally take my truth from made for TV shows, unless they are described as documentaries.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
OK, that makes sense. We probably don't have the restrictions here on content from the US as you would.
The town they talked about is "Iva in South Carolina" and I think it was in the mid 1800's.
I just did a quick search and found that they burned nearly all the buildings in the town. There are claims that some were still alive inside the buildings, when they were set on fire.
It sounds like the occupants were either unconscious or too weak to get up and try to escape, so the situation was very grim for everyone concerned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dan,

Well, I happen to live about 30 miles from Iva and I Googled 'burning buildings in Iva SC' and nothing comes up on the subject. I certainly haven't heard of it as any folklore locally, but I don't spend any time with history buffs. If you're able to find some verifying information perhaps you could send me a link to that. Otherwise, if this is coming from the show, it's likely not much different than the zombie story of 'The Walking Dead' which takes place in Georgia, near Atlanta. I can assure you, having been to Atlanta often, there aren't any zombies walking the streets in the area. So, the show could just be like many of the pandemic shows and movies that have come out. Based on some fact, as far as how pandemics work, but not really based on any geographical facts. Just a made up place where these real pandemic effects are filmed for our viewing pleasure.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0