dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fire a candle in the church and there was the woman who work in the church she see how I put my candle and come and put it down, while all other candles was up. I was in the church again and wanted to buy candles, a boy go before me, taken my position in the buying. I was going to take blessed bread and another old woman come and take my position too (go before me). I was about to pray to the icon and there was other people before me but another old woman come and take my position and go before me. When I was in the city I was standing and some old woman come and stop before me and start watching me in the eyes without moving his eyes. Again I was in the supermarket another old woman come stop in front of me and start watching me again in the eyes without move. Old man was cursing me with voice when I was in the city again. Every old man and every old woman watching me in the eyes without move when see me in the city, including in the church. Other people do this too. Another woman deny to sell me candles in the church. A priest deny to give me his hand to kiss when I was taking blessed bread. Another priest said that he feel in me something heretic. Why they do this?

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And you aren't for instance a Coptic Orthodox attending an Eastern Orthodox Church?

I don't know anything about the situation, without knowing you or them. I would like to think a priest would not call someone a heretic for no reason, is there any reason why you might think they would say that?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,494.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No, they do this because I am spiritual. Just wanted to expose them.
If you were truly spiritual, you would excuse their behavior, and would never parade their 'faults' on a public forum.

Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I do whatever I like. This will not remove my spirituality or make them righteous.
'I do what I like' is not a very Orthodox mode of being.

Edit: In fact Orthodoxy calls us to precisely the opposite state of being, the ideal being the complete surrender of self will under obedience to a Spiritual Father.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
With what you have said in this topic in mind, and in addition to my previous post, if you are serious about Orthodoxy my suggestion would be to return to this priest, ask him why he said what he said about you, then ask him what you can do to amend it and then do what he says

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'I do what I like' is not a very Orthodox mode of being.

Edit: In fact Orthodoxy calls us to precisely the opposite state of being, the ideal being the complete surrender of self will under obedience to a Spiritual Father.

I don't need spiritual father. I have friend priest but we allow each other to do everything we want.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do whatever I like. This will not remove my spirituality.
Doing whatever you like will, indeed, remove your spirituality (however you're meaning it). Pride/ego does separate us from God's grace.

Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't need spiritual father. I have friend priest but we allow each other to do everything we want.

Can you elaborate on 'we allow each other to do anything we want'?

So if you came to your priest and said "I want to worship satan" he would just say "sure go for it"...? I'm having trouble understanding your insistence that you do what you want...

Also what kind of relationship with a priest allows you to grant him to do whatever he wants? It's really not up to you, a priest is in obedience to their superiors not their parishioners

• Useful
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't change from one spirituality to another. If you know spirituality you will know that it does not change based on what you want or what you are doing. He is not my priest. I don't have priest or spiritual father. He is my friend. But he is saint so he knows what is good for me, no matter of this he never told me do this or that.

Upvote 0