Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Jews don't worship someone who already fulfilled so many of the Messianic prophecies, why in the world would they worship the Dragon, the sea-Beast, and the image of the sea-Beast?

This reasoning also rules out Islam as the religion of the Antichrist (or whatever we want to call him). Ditto for Buddhism. I'm not super-up on my comparative religion, but off the top of my head the only major candidate religions, in this case, would be:
  • Hinduism (the sea-Beast will claim to be an avatar of a Hindu deity)
  • Transhumanism (the sea-Beast will claim to be an ascended human)
  • Christianity (the sea-Beast will claim to be an Incarnation of God)
Now it might be objected that the Antichrist/whoever will begin as a member of some other faith group, but as far as I can tell, when he rises to power, he is worshiped immediately or soon after this rising, so IDK.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Jews don't worship someone who already fulfilled so many of the Messianic prophecies, why in the world would they worship the Dragon, the sea-Beast, and the image of the sea-Beast?

This reasoning also rules out Islam as the religion of the Antichrist (or whatever we want to call him). Ditto for Buddhism. I'm not super-up on my comparative religion, but off the top of my head the only major candidate religions, in this case, would be:
Now it might be objected that the Antichrist/whoever will begin as a member of some other faith group, but as far as I can tell, when he rises to power, he is worshiped immediately or soon after this rising, so IDK.
The jews didn't worship Jesus because the jews are not expecting God himself to be manifest in the flesh. They are expecting a warrior king who is mortal, like king David was. They expect this messianic king to save Israel from it's enemies and establish it as the nation to rule over every other nation. This is exactly what the antichrist will do, and every person that claims to be a Christian who doesn't know that Jesus will come back with the clouds will be fooled by the imposter.

• Agree
Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The jews didn't worship Jesus because the jews are not expecting God himself to be manifest in the flesh.

Exactly. Likewise, if the Antichrist/sea-Beast/w/e asks to be worshiped, they will look at him and be like, "You're just a man," and won't worship him. No religion that denies the possibility of avatars/ascensions/Incarnations/w/e will fall for the enemy, here.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. Likewise, if the Antichrist/sea-Beast/w/e asks to be worshiped, they will look at him and be like, "You're just a man," and won't worship him. No religion that denies the possibility of avatars/ascensions/Incarnations/w/e will fall for the enemy, here.
Agreed, which is why the "great city" which rules over the nations (interpretively, Jerusalem) will be hated, destroyed, and pillaged.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it will tell them what they want to hear, unlike Christ did.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Who do most jews in israel worship today?

I will give you a hint.
His symbol can be see throughout israel.

Amos 5:26 NIV: You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god -- which you made for yourselves.

They reject Gods annoited king of Israel and except what they have chosen for themselves.
Yes they can worship one of thier own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Israel Eyes Becoming a Cashless Society

As of now.Benjamin Netanyahu,head of te kingdom of israel plans to have a cashless society.He will have to come up witha way to know whenever anyone in,his kingdom buys or sells.

Hmmm,I wonder what the king of Israel will come up with for his subjects to use for buying and selling?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you read Revelation 13 without realizing where it falls on the 7 year timeline - you are going to jump to a lot of wrong theories.

The person's religion when he starts out is Judaism. Not when he ends.

Are you aware that part of Judaism is Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism? It gets into a lot of spiritually dangerous stuff. Like the harnessing angels to help accomplish one's goals.

This passage about the person tells you what is going to happen, that the person ends up thinking he has achieved God-hood.

Daniel 8:
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. [my comment - see Ezekiel 28:3 below]

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee

Now go to 2Thessalonians2:3-4 to see the person actually committing the act of Ezekiel 28:2 -

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

So God has him killed in Ezekiel 28:1-10. And in disdain for the person - not only for the act, but also because he is a Jew and is supposed to be loyal to the Mt Sinai covenant - brings him back alive.

Bringing him back alive - is the strong delusion that God sends to the them who reject the truth of Jesus.

2Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

In Revelation 13, the world sees that person has miraculously come back from being dead (likely for three days or so, in the funeral viewing period). God is the one who brings him back to life, to accomplish His purpose.

So, to the world, it will appear the person's claim of having achieved God-hood will appear validated. And people will jump on board, thinking that the person has gained the secret to eternal life and God-hood, thinking they will get the same. Something has to be the driver.

Since the person, in Daniel 11, bestows recognition on the fortress god - he will say that there are many gods - but he is the highest of them. Well, he is going to weave Satan into that mix, as being worshiped as well - when Satan incarnates the image of him (the beast) making it appear to come alive and speak.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The person's religion when he starts out is Judaism. Not when he ends.

Are you aware that part of Judaism is Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism? It gets into a lot of spiritually dangerous stuff. Like the harnessing angels to help accomplish one's goals.

Personally, I am not angry or hostile or whatever, towards the Kabbalah. I don't know too much about it, and I'm sure there are quite dubious things in the relevant documents, but there are quite dubious things in many books, including the book I would otherwise use as pure scripture (the Bible, and not the one with just 66 books in it). But even if I disliked the Kabbalah to a great extent, it would not make too much difference to me, since I am aware that there are many divisions within Judaism, and interpreting it all as a religious "bloc" is misguided. It's like thinking that all Muslims are ultimately the same. Or Christians, for that matter (even true ones).

However, that's neither here nor there, since I do believe the personage in question will start out appearing to belong to some sect of Judaism, or at least something based strongly on the ancient form of the Mosaic Law (not a Maimonidean or Talmudic or whatever gloss, I imagine). But I think this sect would be one regarded as exceedingly heretical by the majority of nonsecular Jews.

More specifically, I think he'll be a Christian Reconstructionist. But more on that at another time.

• Informative
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PLEASE Don't bore me with who the a/c is:

Rev. 1318 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

I'd much rather hypothesize, conject, and postulate. So where you may know the TRUTH through Scripture, I'd much rather be ignorant in my humanity.

Whew,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I wouldn't fall prey to this being if he shows up in my life ...
You're going to die within the next couple of years? So sad. Do you have a motorcycle I could possibly inherit? -- Something in the 1,000cc range?
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus wants you to have my motorcycle?
Yeah! -- Will my assertion suffice? And being that the a/c will be on stage EASILY within the next two years, and most likely within the next few months, -- can we start the paper work now, and I'll just pick it up?
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah! -- Will my assertion suffice? And being that the a/c will be on stage EASILY within the next two years, and most likely within the next few months, -- can we start the paper work now, and I'll just pick it up?
Thanks,
DaDad
What are you talking about? Are you friends with the antichrist? Do you know when he's planning on showing up to the party?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0