✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear OWG,

It has been a very long while since I last was able to read, ponder, and at times, respond a post from you. I hope you are well.

Our Lord admonished that 'the poor will always be with you'. I believe that he was speaking to all future generations. I believe, and it has been taught by many, including my pastor, that God uses the poor as a vessel in which His believers may pour their love. When this preposition is analyzed and stood against the believe that poverty can be eradicated, I think the reasonable will conclude that Jesus was correct.

People see poverty in their environment, and reach out to help and support. Wonderful, whatever the motive. I encourage that behavior in every respect. But what about the rest of the planet? How do we help both? We must, unfortunately, choose between those faces we see, and those faces which only God sees. All the riches of mankind would not make every child full, or every child be free of tears. It is a fact that needs wrestling, and the tears that we shed should be both tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. For Christ has victory. His children will see His face, and cry no more.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They may die young, but they die and wakeup in paradise Luke 6:20

Probably not the "kingdom of heaven" of Luke 6:20, but the restored earth of Christ's millennial rule. "Paradise" usually means a beautiful garden (a new 'Eden'?) here on earth. :preach:

Upvote 0