klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I guess many of those who called JESUS of the devil and the sick and the lame that testified of him, unlearned in the scriptures. Yet it was God who did not reveal his Word to the wise and learned but to babes and the unlearned. It was not the Scribes and Pharisees and the scholars of the day of Jesus that God taught his Word but to the humble fisherman that followed him. Yet is was those very wise and learned scholars all through time that killed and persecuted the prophets, Jesus and Apostles reasoning and all crying out, "interpretation of the scriptures". When provided scripture they are silent because according to the scriptures the light puts out the darkness and they hide from the light in the darkness because they loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil and neither come to the light lest their deeds be reproved. These are Gods' Words not mine. So your argument is with God not me.
Peter was just a fisherman but Paul was educated. I don't think Paul was the only educated apostle.

You said the following.
"interpretation of the scriptures"
That's exactly what you do LGW, interpret the scripture. Here is an example of an interpretation.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That phrase, 'under law', simply means being under the whole of the law. But when someone interprets that phrase, 'under law'. Bingo, that phrase magically becomes, 'under ceremonial law'. So after you interpret that phrase you read, 'not under the ceremonial law'. That's the sad truth of how you have been taught to read the scripture.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry dear friend. God's Word is not fiction it becomes our judge come judgement day according to the scriptures *John 12:47-48 if we reject it and both scripture and History shows that God has always had a people the keep his Sabbath commandments of the ten commandments from the days of JESUS to this present day.... watch this space dear friend more to come... :)
You said that Christians are judged and that is just not true.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Please refrain from saying the opposite of what the scripture declares.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Peter was just a fisherman but Paul was educated. I don't think Paul was the only educated apostle.

You said the following.That's exactly what you do LGW, interpret the scripture. Here is an example of an interpretation.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That phrase, 'under law', simply means being under the whole of the law. But when someone interprets that phrase, 'under law'. Bingo, that phrase magically becomes, 'under ceremonial law'. So after you interpret that phrase you read, 'not under the ceremonial law'. That's the sad truth of how you have been taught to read the scripture.

I think you missed the point again and no one is under the law unless they stand before God guilty of breaking the law according to the scriptures *Romans 3:19-20

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You said that Christians are judged and that is just not true.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Please refrain from saying the opposite of what the scripture declares.

True Christians are not judged but Christians according to the scriptures are defined as all those who are believing and following God's Word (present tense). Those who do not believe and do not follow according to the scriptures are not God's sheep *John 10:26-27.

John 12:47-48 [47], And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. [48], He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone who believes and follows God's Word and keep His commandments are God's saints and are my people according to the scriptures *John 10:26-27; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 19:10; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; Matthew 7:21-23.
God's the one who decides, though...

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I guess many of those who called JESUS of the devil and the sick and the lame that testified of him, unlearned in the scriptures. Yet it was God who did not reveal his Word to the wise and learned but to babes and the unlearned. It was not the Scribes and Pharisees and the scholars of the day of Jesus that God taught his Word but to the humble fisherman that followed him. Yet is was those very wise and learned scholars all through time that killed and persecuted the prophets, Jesus and Apostles reasoning and all crying out, "interpretation of the scriptures". When provided scripture they are silent because according to the scriptures the light puts out the darkness and they hide from the light in the darkness because they loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil and neither come to the light lest their deeds be reproved. These are Gods' Words not mine. So your argument is with God not me.
Actually, this is wrong. Jesus (God) did try to teach the Pharisees and the Scribes. They didn't receive what he transmitted. Side note: I wonder what you make of these pastors that spend so many years in seminary...
I don't recall anyone saying that the prophets' interpretation of Scripture was wrong-they weren't quoting Scripture, they were quoting God and creating Scripture.
I have no argument with God. I have no argument with you. It's you, and your friends, that are saying that it's wrong to worship God on Sunday, or that we should only worship on Saturday, or whatever your argument is...What I'm saying is that it's not either/or. It's both/and.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Believing and following God's Word is how we worship God. According to JESUS if we do not believe and follow God's Word and follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God *Matthew 15:3-9; John 10:26-27. Of course God's sabbath commandment is all about worship. Leviticus 23:3 says that the Sabbath is a day of holy convocation which means (public meeting or sacred assembly). Both Jesus (Luke 4:16) and the apostles (Acts 13:13, 14; 13:42-44; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4) made a habit of going to the synagogue or worshiping together on Sabbath. Church is an opportunity to worship God in a place designed for worship, to learn more of Him through the study of His Word, and to receive encouragement from a community of fellow believers. Paul exhorted, “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25). We might stop here and finish with this...

Isaiah 58:13-14 [13], IF YOU TURN AWAY YOUR FOOT FROM THE SABBATH, FROM DOING YOUR PLEASURE ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; AND SHALL HONOR HIM, NOT DOING YOUR OWN WAYS, NOR FINDING YOUR OWN PLEASURE, NOR SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

Yep the Sabbath rest is all about worship. No one worships God by breaking his commandments.

Hope this helps
All of this is about resting on the Sabbath as God commanded. It says nothing about worshiping. My point is that there is a difference. Worshiping the empty tomb on Sunday does not break any commandment.
There are only a couple of Biblical references to Jesus in a synagogue. Secondly attending synagogue was like Sunday School, to study Scripture. Worship was a different thing, and took place in the Temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Yes I guess many of those who called JESUS of the devil and the sick and the lame that testified of him, unlearned in the scriptures. Yet it was God who did not reveal his Word to the wise and learned but to babes and the unlearned. It was not the Scribes and Pharisees and the scholars of the day of Jesus that God taught his Word but to the humble fisherman that followed him. Yet is was those very wise and learned scholars all through time that killed and persecuted the prophets, Jesus and Apostles reasoning and all crying out, "interpretation of the scriptures". When provided scripture they are silent because according to the scriptures the light puts out the darkness and they hide from the light in the darkness because they loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil and neither come to the light lest their deeds be reproved. These are Gods' Words not mine. So your argument is with God not me.
Your response...
Actually, this is wrong. Jesus (God) did try to teach the Pharisees and the Scribes. They didn't receive what he transmitted. Side note: I wonder what you make of these pastors that spend so many years in seminary...
I don't recall anyone saying that the prophets' interpretation of Scripture was wrong-they weren't quoting Scripture, they were quoting God and creating Scripture.
I have no argument with God. I have no argument with you. It's you, and your friends, that are saying that it's wrong to worship God on Sunday, or that we should only worship on Saturday, or whatever your argument is...What I'm saying is that it's not either/or. It's both/and.
Actually no dear friend! Nothing in that post is wrong at all. What is it specifically in that post that you claim is wrong? Strawman on your behalf? Where did I ever say that JESUS did not try to teach the Scribes and Pharisees? The post you are quoting from simply makes the point that it is only God that can teach us the truth of His Word through the guidance of His Spirit. You cannot know God's Word if you seek to know it apart from God and it has always been the religious teachers of the day that did not know God's Word and persecuted those that did.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Believing and following God's Word is how we worship God. According to JESUS if we do not believe and follow God's Word and follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God *Matthew 15:3-9; John 10:26-27. Of course God's sabbath commandment is all about worship. Leviticus 23:3 says that the Sabbath is a day of holy convocation which means (public meeting or sacred assembly). Both Jesus (Luke 4:16) and the apostles (Acts 13:13, 14; 13:42-44; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4) made a habit of going to the synagogue or worshiping together on Sabbath. Church is an opportunity to worship God in a place designed for worship, to learn more of Him through the study of His Word, and to receive encouragement from a community of fellow believers. Paul exhorted, “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25). We might stop here and finish with this...

Isaiah 58:13-14 [13], IF YOU TURN AWAY YOUR FOOT FROM THE SABBATH, FROM DOING YOUR PLEASURE ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; AND SHALL HONOR HIM, NOT DOING YOUR OWN WAYS, NOR FINDING YOUR OWN PLEASURE, NOR SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

Yep the Sabbath rest is all about worship. No one worships God by breaking his commandments.

Hope this helps
Your response here...
All of this is about resting on the Sabbath as God commanded. It says nothing about worshiping. My point is that there is a difference. Worshiping the empty tomb on Sunday does not break any commandment.
There are only a couple of Biblical references to Jesus in a synagogue. Secondly attending synagogue was like Sunday School, to study Scripture. Worship was a different thing, and took place in the Temple.

No it is all about worshiping God. Read the scriptures provided. No one worships God by breaking his commandments.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your response...

Actually no dear friend! Nothing in that post is wrong at all. What is it specifically in that post that you claim is wrong? Strawman on your behalf? Where did I ever say that JESUS did not try to teach the Scribes and Pharisees? The post you are quoting from simply makes the point that it is only God that can teach us the truth of His Word through the guidance of His Spirit. You cannot know God's Word if you seek to know it apart from God and it has always been the religious teachers of the day that did not know God's Word and persecuted those that did.
You did say that God did not reveal His word to the wise but to babes and the unlearned. I provided the parables as examples of Jesus teaching the wise.
What you fail to realize is that Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would guide His church, and has for 2000 years, so for you to say that we seek to know His Word apart from God is simply an erroneous opinion of yours.
So are you stating that the religious teachers (pastors of protestant churches and priests of Apostolic churches) don't know God's Word? Why do you think you do? Jesus established an authority, the Apostles, to spread His faith. Are you saying we got it wrong for 1800 years and BAM! Your founder came along with the real teachings? That's a laugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your response here...

No it is all about worshiping God. Read the scriptures provided. No one worships God by breaking his commandments.
And yet you cannot show how we are breaking any commandment by worshiping God on Sunday...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You did say that God did not reveal His word to the wise but to babes and the unlearned. I provided the parables as examples of Jesus teaching the wise.
What you fail to realize is that Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would guide His church, and has for 2000 years, so for you to say that we seek to know His Word apart from God is simply an erroneous opinion of yours.
So are you stating that the religious teachers (pastors of protestant churches and priests of Apostolic churches) don't know God's Word? Why do you think you do? Jesus established an authority, the Apostles, to spread His faith. Are you saying we got it wrong for 1800 years and BAM! Your founder came along with the real teachings? That's a laugh.

Indeed. Reference was to the worldly wise.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And yet you cannot show how we are breaking any commandment by worshiping God on Sunday...
Why would I need to show you that? I have always maintained and said we should worship God everyday. Everyday however is not the Sabbath day of Gods' 10 commandments. I have already shown through the scriptures and your own Church's Catechism teaching that Sunday does not abolish God's 4th commandment which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that gives us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7. It the Roman Catholic Church that claims that Sunday fulfills God's 4th commandment. This is a claim that is not biblical and one that is designed to lead others to break God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why would I need to show you that? I have always maintained and said we should worship God everyday. Everyday however is not the Sabbath day of Gods' 10 commandments. I have already shown through the scriptures and your own Church's Catechism teaching that Sunday does not abolish God's 4th commandment which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that gives us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7. It the Roman Catholic Church that claims that Sunday fulfills God's 4th commandment. This is a claim that is not biblical and one that is designed to lead others to break God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11
Well, first off, the Church has a different standard than simply the Word of God written in the Bible. And I don't see any official teaching that says what you keep stating. If you can show me that, I will shut up. Official, now, as in a Catechism, or Magisterial teaching, please. With 1.3 billion Catholics, there are all sorts of things people believe which the Church doesn't teach.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So God does teach the wise. Then it's up to them to accept it or not.
I already posted not to the worldly wise according to the scripture. Worldly wisdom is foolishness with God. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of true wisdom.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, first off, the Church has a different standard than simply the Word of God written in the Bible. And I don't see any official teaching that says what you keep stating. If you can show me that, I will shut up. Official, now, as in a Catechism, or Magisterial teaching, please. With 1.3 billion Catholics, there are all sorts of things people believe which the Church doesn't teach.
Indeed the Roman Catholic Church's standard is not biblical. That is the problem and the whole reason why the reformation started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand why you believe this. You must understand some of your statements there are no scriptures for. Were talking about the Law here and Sabbath was not talked about for what 2500y? And then first in Ex 16 then they were told in Ex 30 Tell the Israelites, ‘Surely you must keep My Sabbaths, for this will be a sign between Me and you for the generations to come, so that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

So OT you must keep it and keep it holy.. if you just gathers sticks .. stoned/killed. But today? Must keep it or else? WOOT nothing happens. Awesome huh. Seems the Jewish leaders over the years found a way round this. Seems some of the earliest writings about the Church is they did meet on Sunday but never called it the Sabbath. Odd you would think this would be shared. Others say it was pagan.. not sure why your only sharing showing one side. There are many here. And this is a rabbit hole. There are so many BOOKS on this.

I don't let man tell me what days holidays, Sabbaths to keep. I am not under the law. Christ came and rose AMEN! The law from everything I know did one thing.. showed me I am not righteous and I need a savoir. Some groups believe different.. praise God

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Indeed the Roman Catholic Church's standard is not biblical. That is the problem and the whole reason why the reformation started.
Indeed, it is Biblical, and then some. The reason the reformation started was because some people did some non-Catholic things, and others demanded action. The Church tends to move more slowly. But action was taken, even so.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, it is Biblical, and then some. The reason the reformation started was because some people did some non-Catholic things, and others demanded action. The Church tends to move more slowly. But action was taken, even so.
Actually not really dear friend. The reformation was a call back to the Word of God and a call not to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God. Nothing has changed in the Catholic Church today which still promotes the teachings and traditions of men over the Word of God. The hour is coming and now is according to the scriptures that those who worship God must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Those who reject God's Word do not hear his voice and cannot follow him. Gods sheep hear his voice. Those who do not hear do not follow. BABYLON has fallen. God is calling us to come out and return to his Word. It is time to trim the lamps and go out and meet the bridegroom.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.