✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

This thread is for scripture only. We would like to show that based on the scriptures alone the "LORD'S DAY" that many proclaim is SUNDAY is a false teaching and you will not find this in God's WORD.

Let's start by looking at your scriptures that many use to claim SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"

REVELATIONS 1:9-11 [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. [10], I was in the Spirit on the LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11], Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

No doubt about it Revelations 1:10 clearly says that John was in the SPIRIT on the "LORD'S DAY"! NOW the only problem you have is the need to show scripture that says SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY.

The challenge I am putting out there is if you believe Sunday is "the Lord's day" please prove that Sunday of the "first day of the week" is the Lord's day by scripture alone!

If you cannot find any scriptures to say that SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY" then you have a problem. Now let's look at the scriptures that give the answer to our question

Q.
WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?
A. MATTHEW 12:8 [8], For THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Which day is the Lord's Day? THE SABBATH DAY (MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

There is NO scripture that says Sunday or the FIRST DAY of the week is the Lords Day. God's Word says the Lord's day is the Sabbath day. This is the day God rested on, he set apart and made a Holy day at the completion of the creation week and made a memorial for all mankind (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus is the God of creation and he is the Lord of the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28)

Now friend's the SABBATH is the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandments and there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that God's 4th Commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY DAY. The same as there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY is the LORD'S DAY.

John in the book of REVELATIONS 1:10 was in the SPIRIT on the SABBATH DAY not SUNDAY!

HOW WAS THE LORD'S DAY CHANGED TO SUNDAY?

SUNDAY Worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the Roman Catholic Church that has lead many to break and ignore God's 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)

ARE YOU UNKNOWINGLY FOLLOWING A MAN MADE TRADITION IN SUNDAY WORSHIP?

God's WORD is very clear. If we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God then we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said to them, WHY DO YOU ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
[7], YOU HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING,
[8], THIS PEOPLE DRAWS NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
[9], BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

Who do we believe and follow? The teachings and traditions of men or the WORD of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

God's is calling his people to come out from following the traditions of men to worship him in Spirit and in truth.

God knows many follow these traditions from ignorance because they do not know any better. He loves all and is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Seek him in prayer asking for his Spirit to guide and teach you. He promises to be your guide and teacher. (John 14:26; 16:13: 7:17)

(FRIENDLY DICUSSION PLEASE)
This matter was settled by Jesus when he appeared to the Apostles who were meeting for worship on Sunday, both the day of his resurrection and the following Sunday when Thomas had his interaction with Jesus. It's been a settled matter in the church universal for 2000 years.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This matter was settled by Jesus when he appeared to the Apostles who were meeting for worship on Sunday

What did He settle it? By saying "I would like you to start meeting every 7 days on week-day-1 and by the way - call it the Lord's Day"?? or by??

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True both are acceptable and prove my point when applied to the context of Hebrews 4:1-5. Yet it is the Aramiac rendering I believe that is most accurate to the orginal Greek.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismos means “a keeping of the Sabbath (noun).” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.” Sabbatizo is the verb form of sabbatismos

GREEK INTERLINEAR
HEBREWS 4:9 άρα (Then) απολείπεται (there is left) σαββατισμός (a Sabbath rest) τω (to the) λαώ (people) του θεού (of God)

STRONGS LEXICON
So ἄρα (ara) Conjunction Strong's Greek 686: Then, therefore, since. Probably from airo; a particle denoting an inference more or less decisive.
there remains ἀπολείπεται (apoleipetai) Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's Greek 620: From apo and leipo; to leave behind; by implication, to forsake. a Sabbath rest σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. From a derivative of sabbaton; a 'sabbatism', i.e. the repose of Christianity. for the τῷ () Article - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. people λαῷ (laō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2992: Apparently a primary word; a people. of God. Θεοῦ (Theou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

STRONGS CONCORDENCE
sabbatismos: a sabbath rest Definition: a sabbath rest Usage (DOING): a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

ENGLISHMAN'S CONCORDANCE
Hebrews 4:9 N-NMS GRK: ἄρα ἀπολείπεται σαββατισμὸς τῷ λαῷ NAS: there remains a Sabbath rest for the people KJV: therefore a rest to the people INT: Then remains a sabbath rest to the people

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

God bless

I use Nestle Greek text and Vines Expository Dictionary.

These publications support the text expressing a perpetual rest rather than a day of the week.

The literal Greek is as follows:

"Then remains a Sabbath rest to the people of God for the [one] having entered into the rest of Him also [him]self rested from the works of Him as from the[his] own God[did]

Hence a perpetual rest is being spoken of rather than a rest on a particular calendar day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ does not link to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μιά των σαββάτων (the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK).

κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week and prove it from the scriptures.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This matter was settled by Jesus when he appeared to the Apostles who were meeting for worship on Sunday, both the day of his resurrection and the following Sunday when Thomas had his interaction with Jesus. It's been a settled matter in the church universal for 2000 years.
Where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is none. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has lead many to break God's law. God's people all though time from Genesis to Revelation, to Jesus and the Apostles during the life of JESUS and after the death of JESUS have always kept Gods' 4th commandment. All through time God has always had a people who have always kept God's 4th commandment unbroken to this very day today according to the historical records. Happy to provide this if your interested just let me know.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

This thread is for scripture only. We would like to show that based on the scriptures alone the "LORD'S DAY" that many proclaim is SUNDAY is a false teaching and you will not find this in God's WORD.

Let's start by looking at your scriptures that many use to claim SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"

REVELATIONS 1:9-11 [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. [10], I was in the Spirit on the LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11], Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

No doubt about it Revelations 1:10 clearly says that John was in the SPIRIT on the "LORD'S DAY"! NOW the only problem you have is the need to show scripture that says SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY.

The challenge I am putting out there is if you believe Sunday is "the Lord's day" please prove that Sunday of the "first day of the week" is the Lord's day by scripture alone!

If you cannot find any scriptures to say that SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY" then you have a problem. Now let's look at the scriptures that give the answer to our question

Q.
WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?
A. MATTHEW 12:8 [8], For THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Which day is the Lord's Day? THE SABBATH DAY (MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

There is NO scripture that says Sunday or the FIRST DAY of the week is the Lords Day. God's Word says the Lord's day is the Sabbath day. This is the day God rested on, he set apart and made a Holy day at the completion of the creation week and made a memorial for all mankind (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus is the God of creation and he is the Lord of the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28)

Now friend's the SABBATH is the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandments and there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that God's 4th Commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY DAY. The same as there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY is the LORD'S DAY.

John in the book of REVELATIONS 1:10 was in the SPIRIT on the SABBATH DAY not SUNDAY!

HOW WAS THE LORD'S DAY CHANGED TO SUNDAY?

SUNDAY Worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the Roman Catholic Church that has lead many to break and ignore God's 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)

ARE YOU UNKNOWINGLY FOLLOWING A MAN MADE TRADITION IN SUNDAY WORSHIP?

God's WORD is very clear. If we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God then we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said to them, WHY DO YOU ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
[7], YOU HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING,
[8], THIS PEOPLE DRAWS NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
[9], BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

Who do we believe and follow? The teachings and traditions of men or the WORD of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

God's is calling his people to come out from following the traditions of men to worship him in Spirit and in truth.

God knows many follow these traditions from ignorance because they do not know any better. He loves all and is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Seek him in prayer asking for his Spirit to guide and teach you. He promises to be your guide and teacher. (John 14:26; 16:13: 7:17)

(FRIENDLY DICUSSION PLEASE)
The "Lord's Day" is everyday. If one wishes to observe the Sabbath that is the" Lord's day". If one wishes to observe Sunday, that is the "Lord's Day". Monday through Friday are the "Lord's Days". Let us reason. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant. I don't see any mention of Saturday, nor any synonym of it..

Are you saying there is no science today that tells us what day of the week was week-day-1 2000 years ago for Jews and how that translated to the dates in the Roman Empire???

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "Lord's Day" is everyday. If one wishes to observe the Sabbath that is the" Lord's day".

In Rev 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day" was a reference to "no particular day...pick any day you like"??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "Lord's Day" is everyday. If one wishes to observe the Sabbath that is the" Lord's day".

In Rev 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day" was a reference to "no particular day...pick any day you like"??

I understand those who say " I keep every day as one who worships the Lord should" -- but Rev 1 is a very specific reference to time given to the reader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "Lord's Day" is everyday. If one wishes to observe the Sabbath that is the" Lord's day". If one wishes to observe Sunday, that is the "Lord's Day". Monday through Friday are the "Lord's Days". Let us reason. Be blessed.

When looking at the Greek the reference is to God's ownership of the day. What gives him ownership is that her is the creator of heaven and earth. In all of God's 10 commandments the only one that shows this is God's 4th commandment which is a reference back to creation and the seventh day that God blessed for all mankind *GENESIS 2:1-3 and commands his people to keep as a Holy day of rest in EXODUS 20:8-11. The Lords day accoriding to the scriptures is the Sabbath day.

MATTHEW 12:8 THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well of course! Even the Sabbath began Friday at sunset and ended Saturday at sunset. This encompasses two individual half days. So every day alike.
"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." Brother Paul the Apostle.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I use Nestle Greek text and Vines Expository Dictionary.

These publications support the text expressing a perpetual rest rather than a day of the week.

The literal Greek is as follows:

"Then remains a Sabbath rest to the people of God for the [one] having entered into the rest of Him also [him]self rested from the works of Him as from the[his] own God[did]

Hence a perpetual rest is being spoken of rather than a rest on a particular calendar day.

No. There is no scripture or Greek reference to an everlasting Sabbath apart from the seventh day Sabbath God's people are to continue to keep v9, which is the context defined in Hebrews 4:1-5 to Hebrews 4:9. The literal Greek of Hebrews 4:9 has already been provided by multiple sources in post # 37 linked and not one to suit my belief.

As posted earlier either rendering support the context of Hebrews 4:1-5 which is talking about the seventh day Sabbath of creation (God's rest)

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH. (Aramaic)

Looking at the context of Hebrews 4:9 even using other translations which works out the same “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismos means “a keeping of the Sabbath (noun).” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.” Sabbatizo is the verb form of sabbatismos

blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When looking at the Greek the reference is to God's ownership of the day. What gives him ownership is that her is the creator of heaven and earth. In all of God's 10 commandments the only one that shows this is God's 4th commandment which is a reference back to creation and the seventh day that God blessed for all mankind *GENESIS 2:1-3 and commands his people to keep as a Holy day of rest in EXODUS 20:8-11. The Lords day accoriding to the scriptures is the Sabbath day.

MATTHEW 12:8 THEREFORE THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
Sabbath day is half of Friday and half of Saturday. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews four references the seventh day of creation not a day of the week.

"six days you shall labor... for in six days the LORD MADE..." Ex 20:8-11... it is a day of the week.

It is a day of the creation week that is being referenced.

hmmm... so no mention of the 7th day... and yet "the 7th day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" - such that no manna fell on that not-a-day and one would be forced to fast that day if they had no idea when it was.. and it just kept coming "as a big surprise" each week.

Is that the proposed interpretation for Ex 20??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbath day is half of Friday and half of Saturday. Be blessed.
Actually the Sabbath day (God's time; a day is sunset to sunset see Genesis 1) is Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset.

Blessings returned

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well of course! Even the Sabbath began Friday at sunset and ended Saturday at sunset. This encompasses two individual half days. So every day alike.
"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." Brother Paul the Apostle.

Be blessed.

"two half days" but only if in Gen 1 Moses is using Roman calendar format for days ... of course Moses was wayyy before the Roman Empire.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Revelation 1:10 is not referring to either Sunday or Saturday...the Lords Day is the Day of His second coming...that Day has Not yet come...

THE LORD'S DAY IS NOT THE DAY OF THE LORD (second coming) WHY?

For starters in the previous post we looked at the GREEK word meaings used in REVELATION 1:10 that show that THE LORDS (κυριακη) DAY used in REVELATION 1:10 is in reference to the LORDS OWNERSHIP OF THE DAY or the DAY BELONGING TO THE LORD that JOHN was in the Spirit of. We also demonstrated that the SABBATH DAY (seventh day) is the day belonging to the LORD from both the old and new testament scriptures.

The Greek words used here for "THE LORD'S DAY" are different to the scripture references of "DAY OF THE LORD" which most of the scriptures are in reference to and in context of the Hebrew scriptures for second coming. For example...

ACTS 2:20, The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the GREAT AND NOTABLE DAY OF THE LORD COME

You can see here that the context of application of "DAY OF THE LORD" is applied to the "SECOND COMING" as to the DAY OF THE LORD'S COMING. The GREEK words used here are not the same as those used in REVELATION 1:10 which is in reference to "THE LORD'S DAY" or the LORDS OWNERSHIP OF THE DAY that JOHN was in the Spirit of. The Greek words used for "DAY OF THE LORD" is in context to the second coming is ημέραν κυρίου. For example...

ACTS 2:20 , ο ήλιος μεταστραφήσεται εις σκότος και η σελήνη εις αίμα πριν η ελθείν την ημέραν κυρίου την μεγάλην και επιφανή

The Greek meaning in context is to the second coming that will be a day that is great and notable that the LORD GOD will COME! It is not the same as "LORDS DAY" κυριακή G2960 which means "belonging to or ownership of the day that JOHN was in the Spirit on in REVELATION 1:10. The Greek word used here as κυριακή G2960 is only used here in REVELATION 1:10 to the LORDS OWNERSHIP OF THE DAY and in the LORD'S SUPPER in 1 CORINTHIANS 11:20.

So we could stop here as that GREEK use of LORD'S DAY is not the same as DAY OF THE LORD but it would be good to also point out the nearly every applicaiton to "DAY OF THE LORD" and there are many scriptures here is in reference only to the second coming in both the old and new testament scripture. There is only two applications in the scriptures that use κυριακή G2960 and that is to something belonging to the Lord and that is the SABBATH DAY and the LORD'S SUPPER.

CONCLUSION: Based on the Greek words used and the old and new testament scriptures as shown above THE LORD'S DAY is in reference to the day that the LORD claims as his own that has it's origin in creation that he rested, blessed and set apart as a holy day for all mankind. THE LORDS DAY therefore that JOHN was in the Spirit on in REVELATION 1:10 is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH that belongs to God who claims ownership of in both the old and new testament scriptures. THE DAY OF THE LORD is not the same as THE LORDS DAY and different Greek words are used to show that application to THE DAY OF THE LORD is to the second coming and not the LORD'S ownership of the day as in THE LORDS DAY.

There is no scripture that teaches "SUNDAY" is "THE LORD'S DAY as THE LORDS DAY according to the scriptures is the SABBATH DAY and THE DAY OF THE LORD IS ALSO NOT THE LORD'S DAY in REVELATION 1:10. I believe THE LORD'S DAY was the day that John was in the Spirit of which as shown in the scriptures is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH. I hope you can consider these scriptures in the posts and the Spirit that they have been given and shared with you and receive God's Word and be blessed.

blessings

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant. I don't see any mention of Saturday, nor any synonym of it.

That's a half-truth. Not only did they not use the same names, they didn't even number them by the same method. A lunar calendar is asynchronous to a solar one, so the seventh day of the lunar week has no synonymous solar week equivalent.

It doesn't work like that. A lunar week is 7.38 days long. What? Yeah. Line up an even 7-day solar week against a 7.38-day lunar week, and the first day of one does not always coincide with the first day of the other. The name of the sabbath day in the Hebrew lunar week has no solar week equivalent. There is no synonymy. Saturday is not a Roman translation of the Hebrew lunar seventh day.

No. It is not irrelavant dear friend. It is very relavant to your claim as there is no "Saturday" or "Sunday" or Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday etc in the Hebrew and the Greek. This is Roman Calander and not used in the Old and new testament scriptures so you will not find them there. As posted earlier they simply called our Sunday (Roman Calander) the first day of the week or the seventh day of the week (our Saturday) the Sabbath. A day in God's time is from sunset to sunset *Genesis 1:3-5. The seventh day weekly Sabbath is on a continous 7 day weekly cycle and God's seventh day Sabbath is simply every seventh day of the week regardless of what Calander is being used.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
satan counterfeits every truth that is in the Word of GOD

GOD said to Eve
God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

satan said to Eve
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

So is this tread involving a counterfeit day of worship?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.