Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does not matter if everyone is denied the liberty to marry on the basis of gender. This does not change the fact marriage is still predicated upon "gender." All you do with the above remark is confirm marriage is based on gender.

The fact all people cannot marry someone on the basis of gender does not mean discrimination is not taking place. Think about it. Discrimination is still ocurring. Do marriages still occur? Yes. Is some group of the populace not allowed to marry? Yes. What is the basis for not allowing this group to marry? The gender of the person they wish to marry. Hence, we still have discrimination on the basis of gender and the fact ALL people cannot marry someone of the same sex does not change the fact the basis for treating them differently is the SEX/GENDER of the partner.

Upvote 0

CIAagent11

Mar 19, 2009
✟7,805.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It does not matter if everyone is denied the liberty to marry on the basis of gender. This does not change the fact marriage is still predicated upon "gender." All you do with the above remark is confirm marriage is based on gender.

Are you making the argument that we can't ever descriminate based on gender?
I seems like we do all day long.

Thats not what my question was about. We as a society obviously decided to not treat men and women completely equal. There are numerous examples of "different" treatment for men and women. Beginning from school projects to advance girls, to special benefist for women at work.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you agree with me, that your side thinks it may force it's opinion on everybody else, because it's opinion is better?
No. I would agree that you think that your side may force it's opinion on everybody else, because it's the better opinion.

Upvote 0

CIAagent11

Mar 19, 2009
✟7,805.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. I would agree that you think that your side may force it's opinion on everybody else, because it's the better opinion.

I do think that. You know why. Because we won the vote.
Or are you making the argument that Obama-voters have no right to force their preference for president on McCain voters? They won the vote!!!
My side can do so. My side doesn't need to prove that it's opinion is better, to overturn a vote.

If your side wants gay marriage in the states that voted against it, they are forcing their opinion on everybody else, for the only reason that they think its better.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I do think that. You know why. Because we won the vote
Or are you making the argument that Obama-voters have no right to force their opinion on McCain voters?
They won the vote!!!
My side can do so. My side doesn't need to prove that it's opinion is better, to overturn a vote.

If your side wants gay marriage in the states that vored against is, you are forcing your opinion on everybody else, for the only reason that they think its better.
So basically your argument is majority rules?

Upvote 0

Allahuakbar

Jun 20, 2007
✟3,118.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Pro gay marriage liberals are the most hateful, intolerant kind of people, that I ever had the pleasure of disagreeing with.

You need to use the word displeasure, unless you were being ironic, which I don't think is the case.

Your main problem is that you are not presenting anything resembling a coherent argument. You are conflating issues, botching sentence construction, and presenting an incoherent mess. This is really problematic because it is impossible to respond to. Please clean up your arguments and you might find discourse to be much more tolerable. As it is, blaming everyone else for these mistakes is simply shifting the blame.

Upvote 0

CIAagent11

Mar 19, 2009
✟7,805.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So basically your argument is majority rules?

Seriously.
Expecting the minority to come up with a reason to be allowed to overturn a state ballot is not being in favor of majority rules.

Your argument is you have the right to overturn a state ballot because your opinion is more noble and everybody should be forced to fall in line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seriously.
Expecting the minority to come up with a reason to be allowed to overturn a state ballot is not being in favor of majority rules.

Your argument is you have the right to overturn a state ballot because your opinion is more noble and everybody should be forced to fall in line.
No, my argument is that the minority has the right to challange the ballot under the rule of law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CIAagent11

Mar 19, 2009
✟7,805.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, my argument is that the minority has the right to challange the ballot under the rule of law.

Yes. And they should have that right.
And if they want to overturn a ballot on the basis of it alienating righs,
they have to show that those rights exist.
They cant lean back and expect the opposition to prove a negative, which usually is impossible.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. And they should have that right.
And if they want to overturn a ballot on the basis of it alienating righs,
they have to show that those rights exist.
They cant lean back and expect the opposition to prove a negative, which usually is impossible.
Which they did, hence prop 8.

Upvote 0

CIAagent11

Mar 19, 2009
✟7,805.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Am I not free to disagree with your opinion?

You are.
I don't remember if you insulted me in this threat, but I was by implication called all sorts of things from stupid to narrow-minded.
One obviously drung guy even kept making up red herrings about it.
Nobody has ever insulted me in an internet discussion, not nazis nor racists. They were nice despite disagreeing. But gay marriage activists are the most intolerant, screaming people I have ever seen.
If you ask me, they think their cause is so noble, that it justifies anything.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Prop 8 passed.
I have not heared a good reason for why it should be overturned that does not back on personal opinion.
The same for prop 8 supporters. I guess we'll have to wait to see what the courts says, since by law, that's the opinion that counts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.