Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And KJV-only people criticize modern English versions for missing text that was not written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek manuscripts. Why can't they accept the fact that verses and parts of verses were added to their Bibles?

Because they can't deal with facts. They worship a book, as though that particular version was dictated, word-for-word by God. That, of course, is illogical, but logic doesn't figure into their thinking.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would agree some Christians may have done this but I wouldn’t say that Christianity as a whole is guilty of it.
I beg to differ. Christianity was to teach the Kingdom of God yet 1700 years ago rejected it to harlot itself to the governments of man (the enemy of the Kingdom) by joining forces with the Roman Empire to act as a political tool and has done so ever since throughout the world including today where it has aligned itself with the world government of the WEF. Were it not for scripture being available to the people to find this hypocrisy for itself, the Adversary would have almost completely taken Christianity off track. The rock Christianity was to be built upon was the truth from God, not the politics and institutions man calls truth.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I beg to differ. Christianity was to teach the Kingdom of God yet 1700 years ago rejected it to harlot itself to the governments of man (the enemy of the Kingdom) by joining forces with the Roman Empire to act as a political tool and has done so ever since throughout the world including today where it has aligned itself with the world government of the WEF. Were it not for scripture being available to the people to find this hypocrisy for itself, the Adversary would have almost completely taken Christianity off track. The rock Christianity was to be built upon was the truth from God, not the politics and institutions man calls truth.

You sound like someone who doesn’t know their church history. The church was not to only teach the kingdom of God it was to teach the word of God which includes the kingdom but is not limited to it. So what exactly happened 1700 years ago that makes you think that Christianity turned worldly? Let me guess, is it because Constantine embraced Christianity and ended the persecution of Christians?

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let me guess, is it because Constantine embraced Christianity and ended the persecution of Christians?
No it is because the gentile church jumped at the chance to become a world power like every hierarchy and institution before it, rejecting God's governance for man's.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'm going to bow out of this conversation now.
I'd just like to say two things before I do:

i) To the OP, who it seems has left the thread anyway; you're wrong.
The KJV is not the best Bible for me as I never use or read it. The Bible that I mainly read, listen to, study and learn from, is the NIV, though I do sometimes look at other translations.
The KJV is not the most accurate Bible; how can it be when there have been other discoveries made since it was written? Discoveries they knew nothing about in 1611.

ii) As the prophets, apostles, early church and folk like Hilda of Witby, Francis of Assisi, Julian of Norwich, John Wesley did such awesome things, lived such amazing lives and served God in outstanding ways without having a "perfect" word of God in their hands, I'm assuming that those of you who do have a "perfect" word of God are doing even far more astounding things. The number of people you have healed, taught, delivered and raised from the dead must be incredible. Thousands must have been led to repentance by you - once folk hear that you have the perfect word of God, the whole truth, they must be begging to repent and accept Jesus. I'm assuming that you also read, learn, study and memorize this perfect word - in which case, you are surely always successful in spiritual warfare, not slave to any bad habits and able to perfectly teach, and demonstrate, God's word and will.
If so, it would be good if you could start a few threads on this, give your testimonies and declare how awesome God is - rather than spending your time trying to convince us of the perfection of a translation.
If this is not the case, then how does having God's perfect word benefit you and improve your lives? How would it benefit me to move from a Bible that I read, study, listen to and learn to one which is totally unfamiliar, and almost unintelligible, to me?

I wish Bible Highlighter all the best in his "exciting" project of finding new verses to try to convince people that a man made translation is as good as God himself. As far as I am concerned, he will fail in this. I'm not using, or going to use, the KJV.

May the One true, pure, holy, Triune God who is revealed in ALL Bibles, bless us all.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No it is because the gentile church jumped at the chance to become a world power like every hierarchy and institution before it, rejecting God's governance for man's.

They jumped at the chance to spread the gospel to all nations. The church was not the emperor of Rome they simply had the support of the emperor. They succeeded in converting all of Rome to Christianity and making paganism illegal. There’s nothing worldly or ungodly about that.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They jumped at the chance to spread the gospel to all nations.
By keeping the scripture from them and promoting the ideals of the institution. Jesus' gospel was the Gospel of the Kingdom, not the one they promoted. How could they teach Jesus' gospel while rebelling against it themselves? That should be clear to anyone who follows scripture rather than an institution.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They jumped at the chance to spread the gospel to all nations. The church was not the emperor of Rome they simply had the support of the emperor. They succeeded in converting all of Rome to Christianity and making paganism illegal. There’s nothing worldly or ungodly about that.

The Pope is not only the Roman Catholic Church's leader, but also the ruler of Vatican City. Every part of it - the military, laws, territory, etc. - is governed by only one person: the Pope. So the RCC controls people and their properties. If all the RCC cared about was God, Vatican City never would have been more than a section of Rome with St. Peter's Cathedral.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I spoke of was pre-RCC, but one institution leads to the formation of others. The Gutenberg, Wycliffe, and KJ Bibles broke Christianity away from kingdom builders and their followers to become scripture readers and their followers. Of course the resulting remnants of those earlier institutions were not about to let go of God to serve their worldly purposes and new institutions were formed. Jesus did not come to create institutions but to show us a way of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Pope is not only the Roman Catholic Church's leader, but also the ruler of Vatican City. Every part of it - the military, laws, territory, etc. - is governed by only one person: the Pope. So the RCC controls people and their properties. If all the RCC cared about was God, Vatican City never would have been more than a section of Rome with St. Peter's Cathedral.
To put it into better perspective, Vatican City is about the size of a small American village without even a stoplight or a small college campus. There are no schools there, no hospitals, and all the residents are employees of the Vatican or needed for essential services.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To put it into better perspective,
Yet it is considered to be an independent state, a government, an institution built upon the same foundations as institutions preceding it in the Roman Empire and the world beyond (of which the Kingdom of God remains a counter-culture).

• Agree
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
To put it into better perspective, Vatican City is about the size of a small American village without even a stoplight or a small college campus. There are no schools there, no hospitals, and all the residents are employees of the Vatican or needed for essential services.

It meets all of the criteria to be a separate nation because that was what the Pope wanted.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It depends on if God or man chose the rulers and government system.
God may direct the actions of man, but His governance in no way resembles the governance of self serving man. The two are opposite in nature. That is why when the Father returns and His Kingdom comes, the governments of man will rebel, including the churches which hold power over man..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yet it is considered to be an independent state, a government, an institution built upon the same foundations as institutions preceding it in the Roman Empire and the world beyond (of which the Kingdom of God remains a counter-culture).

Possibly so, but I was just attempting to put the nature of Vatican City into perspective. The fact is that other tiny nations are more "normal" as nations than Vatican City is.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

This may be true but it has nothing to do with the OP: the King James Bible.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God may direct the actions of man, but His governance in no way resembles the governance of self serving man. The two are opposite in nature. That is why when the Father returns and His Kingdom comes, the governments of man will rebel, including the churches which hold power over man..

The SON will return, not the Father, who has never come down.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What would you call the type of government of Vatican city if it were secular?
Who knows? The point is that thinking of Vatican City as a routine nation, if however, tiny--like, say, Monaco--fails in a number of ways.

But everyone is free to take the facts I presented for the consideration of anyone who might be interested, and then each his own conclusion.

Upvote 0