sydney
✟2,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What did God say about changing his words?
Be careful now i tell thee, most modern versions of the bible are from hell itself, if your truly Born again, pray that the Holy spirit guide you in all truth.
Changing 1 word and could mean many things.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. "Jesus is the word of God"
John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 10:30 KJV I and my Father are one.

Revelation 22:17-19 KJV
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
"If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy
God shall take away his part out of the book of life"

Proverbs 30:5-6 KJV
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. [6] Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

John 16:13-14 KJV
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. [14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why the King James Bible is Still the Best and Most Accurate
King James Bible is inspired Authorized Version of 1611 infallible Word of God.
this is a long read, but you will understand the truth, All Glory to Jesus Christ Almighty God.

Thank you for your patience.

just 1 Example of other Hellish bibles translations against the King james 1611 inspired Word of God.
Daniel 3:25 CHANGE "the Son of God" TO "a son of the gods" ("He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.") NIV, NASV, RSV, NRSV, LB, NC "Thats Blasphemy"

Galatians 4:16 KJV
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

please click this blue link, more will be revealed and explained Why the King James Bible is Still the Best and Most Accurate

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just 1 Example of other Hellish bibles translations against the King james 1611 inspired Word of God.
I guess you do not have the 1611 version, really.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nonsense, and the Daniel 3 reference is not blasphemy as the speakers are not Jewish/Hebrew and did not know or worship the One True God, they would not be expected to say "son of God", using the translation "son of the gods" is by far more accurate to the language they would have used, and by most manuscripts did use.

These types of "proofs" that the KJB is the only true version are nonsense and only drive people away from the Word. The truth is that most versions are so similar that they all teach the truth of the Gospel, the differences, while interesting and important, do not teach a different Gospel. It behooves us to use more than one version from different text families when doing serious study, but in the end the one that we actually will pick up and read is the most important version to the reader.

*edit*
Side note, I have a fascimile copy of an original KJB 1611, it is really fascinating, but if you think that it is actually readable to modern English speakers, then you have not read a real KJV Bible from 1611. One can work through it, but the language, spellings, and words do not make for an easy read.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you really want to read a truly worded version of scripture, you're going to have to knuckle down and learn how to efficiently read the Hebrew and Koine Greek manuscripts.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense, and the Daniel 3 reference is not blasphemy as the speakers are not Jewish/Hebrew and did not know or worship the One True God, they would not be expected to say "son of God", using the translation "son of the gods" is by far more accurate to the language they would have used, and by most manuscripts did use.

These types of "proofs" that the KJB is the only true version are nonsense and only drive people away from the Word. The truth is that most versions are so similar that they all teach the truth of the Gospel, the differences, while interesting and important, do not teach a different Gospel. It behooves us to use more than one version from different text families when doing serious study, but in the end the one that we actually will pick up and read is the most important version to the reader.

*edit*
Side note, I have a fascimile copy of an original KJB 1611, it is really fascinating, but if you think that it is actually readable to modern English speakers, then you have not read a real KJV Bible from 1611. One can work through it, but the language, spellings, and words do not make for an easy read.

From what I've heard the translators of the KJV never claimed their work was infallible, and even wrote several pages of disclaimers as a prolog to the actual original KJV Bible. After all the "V" in KJV stands for their version of what the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts say.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you really want to read a truly worded version of scripture, you're going to have to knuckle down and learn how to efficiently read the Hebrew and Koine Greek manuscripts.
And then finding the best manuscripts which is even more complex issue than translations :)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I've heard the translators of the KJV never claimed their work was infallible, and even wrote several pages of disclaimers as a prolog to the actual original KJV Bible. After all the "V" in KJV stands for their version of what the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts say.
My understanding is that the term was used interchangeable, much as it is now, with "King James Bible". The "Version", to my understanding is more in relation to it being an English Bible, but "version" is used in conjunction with Authorized Version to differentiate it from the Bishops Bible and Geneva Bible, two other English Versions of the time, of which the KJV was the only "Authorized Version" to be used.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One truth and one truth alone that debunks KJV being the most accurate. The source text used on other translations is older than the source text used in KJV. Therefore, it wasn't NIV, NASB, ESV, or any other that changed up anything, it was the scribes over time that added their own tidbits into the source text that KJV was based on that added to the scripture. However, I will say this, does the few verses that were added change anything, or were they necessarily wrong? No. However, these verses are of very minor significance. They take nothing away from the overall message, nor do they really add anything or mess with doctrine in any sort of way. It's not a matter of newer translations taking away or the KJV translators adding to, it's just the simple fact that the newer translations are based on older manuscripts than the Textus Receptus and are therefore, in theory, thought to be more accurate since they were copied down earlier. Either way, if you like KJV, cool, if you don't, cool. My only issue is with those KJV onlyists who want to try and ignorantly proclaim judgement that one who was not saved "under" the KJV Bible is not truly saved and that you're not really a Christian if you don't use KJV.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I guess you do not have the 1611 version, really.
The 1611 version had more than 66 books. So if you don’t have the larger 1611 version you have a changed version. About as bad as a NIV or RSV.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another thing I take into consideration is that scholars have had an extra 400 years to view more manuscripts and increase their knowledge and understanding of Hebrew and Greek.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,231.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The 1611 version had more than 66 books. So if you don’t have the larger 1611 version you have a changed version. About as bad as a NIV or RSV.
Also preface, marginal notes, different English and some words corrected in later KJV editions.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Be careful now i tell thee, most modern versions of the bible are from hell itself, if your truly Born again, pray that the Holy spirit guide you in all truth.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. "Jesus is the word of God"
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
"If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. [6] Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. [14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

this is a long read, but you will understand the truth, All Glory to Jesus Christ Almighty God.

Daniel 3:25 CHANGE "the Son of God" TO "a son of the gods" ("He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.") NIV, NASV, RSV, NRSV, LB, NC "Thats Blasphemy"

please click this blue link, more will be revealed and explained Why the King James Bible is Still the Best and Most Accurate

Another tired rehash of pointless arguments. The only way to be 100% sure of anything is to learn Greek and Hebrew. Then you can mistranslate things your way instead of trusting highly qualified scholars who spend decades in learning those languages.

Most people leaving school these days can barely understand modern English, let alone 17th century. So how do they get their heads around this gem?

. ."Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living ..."

And "resound like a harp for Moab, And my inner being for Kir Heres. Wherefore my bowels shall sound like an harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirharesh........"

When I was first saved, the KJV was still the most common version in use. I was not raised in a Christian environment and I'd never read the Bible. Virtually every preacher would spend a good part of the message translating the KJV into English. So I skipped the KJV and eventually settled on the NASB. It's clumsy in a lot of ways but a reasonably accurate translation. I also use the Amplified. Best of all, I have Bible Hub and that has most versions, including some I've never heard of. If I'm posting here, I usually use the Berean study Bible.

Above all, I do not use the KJV. Ever. I've been born again for 50 years and I've managed OK without it.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Pretty much. The KJV translation team wrote that they were doing the same type of work that had been done in various languages over the centuries to make the Scriptures clear for those readers at that time.

Section 12 - A satisfaction to our brethern
6 Yet for all that, as nothing is begun and perfected at the same time, and the later thoughts are thought to be the wiser: so, if we building upon their foundation that went before us, and being holpen by their labours, do endeavour to make that better which they left so good, no man, we are sure, hath cause to mislike us; they, we persuade ourselves, if they were alive, would thank us.
• 7 The vintage of Abiezer, that strake the stroke: yet the gleaning of grapes of Ephraim was not to be despised. See Judges 8, verse 2.
• 8 Joash the king of Israel did not satisfy himself, till he had smitten the ground three times; [2.Kings 13:18,19] and yet he offended the Prophet for giving over then.
• 9 Aquila, of whom we spake before ((§ 7:12)), translated the Bible as carefully and as skilfully as he could; and yet he thought good to go over it again, and then it got the credit with the Jews, to be called κατα ακριβειαν, that is, accurately done, as Saint Hierome witnesseth. [S.Hieron. in Ezech. cap. 3.]
• 10 How many books of profane learning have been gone over again and again, by the same translators, by others? Of one and the same book of Aristotle's Ethics, there are extant not so few as six or seven several translations.

Section 15
Truly, good Christian reader, we never thought from the beginning that we should need to make a new translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one, (for then the imputation of Sixtus had been true in some sort, that our people had been fed with gall of dragons instead of wine, with whey instead of milk) but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against; that hath been our endeavour, that our mark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

With all the corrections made.... not only to KJV but others, I have often wondered why some very obvious corrections have not been made.

For instance:

**Genesis chapter one ends on verse 31 before the completion of the 7 days. The first 3 verses of chapter two belong in chapter 1 ….and chapter two should start with verse 4.

Gen 1:31, Gen 2:1

**In John chapter 2 should end in verse 22 and chapter 3 should start with verse 23.

Jhn 2:22, Jhn 3:1

**In John 7:53 they divided a chapter right in the middle of a verse. 8:1 should be part of 7:53.

Jhn 7:53, Jhn 8:1

Punctuation is another big one that can change the entire narrative of a record just by adding a comma(s)…Although I do not pay much attention to punctuation it is interesting how it can change the narrative.

**The record of Paul wanting to go to Jerusalem Act 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

To be bound in the spirit is to be restrained by the spirit….But Paul wanted to go.

The following verses sound sincere, but the spirit already warned Paul not to go Act 20:23, Act 20:24

God, through several other people attempts to warn Paul of the dangers.

Act 21:4, (certain deciples)

Act 21:8&9 .. (4 unmarried daughters) Although it doesn’t say what they prophesied but following the context, I can guess…

Act 21:11 (Agabus)

Act 21:12 (others)

Then in verse 14 by the use of commas they make it look like it was the will of the Lord that Paul go to Jerusalem

Act 21:14 And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

If the commas are removed ….then you have to correct rendering of the Word …God was warning Paul not to go to Jerusalem…Paul wanted to go. By reading on you can see the things that befell Paul because he went.
14) And when he would not be persuaded we ceased saying the will of the Lord be done.

Paul did not listen …. God will work through others if you don’t listen…but we have freedom of will and God does not control people.

I recently had my own Jerusalem…because I did not listen.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I want to say this as gently as possible: judging by your post English grammar is a problem for you.

You wrote, "What did God say about changing his words?
Changing 1 word and could mean many things."

"Be careful now i tell thee" should be "Be careful now I tell thee" (unless you're e. e. cummings)

"if your truly Born again" should be "if you're truly born again"

"pray that the Holy spirit guide you in all truth" should be "pray that the Holy spirit will guide you into all truth".

"Changing 1 word and could mean many things" should be "Changing one word could mean many things" (the meaning of which isn't clear)

"King James Bible is inspired Authorized Version of 1611 infallible Word of God" should be "The King James Bible is the inspired Authorized Version of 1611, the infallible Word of God". The meaning of this is unclear. Perhaps you meant to say "The King James Bible (the Authorized Version of 1611) is the inspired, infallible Word of God".

I point these things out, not as personal criticism, but...

The Authorized Version is difficult to understand because of how much the English language has changed over 400+ years, even for people who have an excellent command of the English language. Judging by your post you do not have that requisite understanding. I strongly suggest that you find a translation that is more appropriate for your level of English, such as the NIV or perhaps even the NLT or The Message. They are far easier to understand for most people; that's especially true for those whose knowledge of English isn't strong.

Again, this is not to criticize you personally, but to point out that it's critical to read a translation that is commensurate with your command of the language.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But what really matters is that God does the accurate meaning of His word, in us and our lives.

For one example >

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

We need how God in us makes sure we really are living in His love in the Holy Spirit, and not trusting something else. I understand that God's love is Heaven's love with Heaven's own pleasant rest caressing us with Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) So, this is not just a feeling or us making gestures to show we love people, but this is in the kingdom of God within us while we obey His word . . . the way He means this.

Therefore, God's meaning is not only correct words, but how He in us does what His words mean.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Interestingly punctuation was never part of the original scriptures so of course we are left with meaning changing doctrines as a result of some comma happy soul using their own will to rewrite text.

A perfect example is a comma added to this verse which created a doctrine that would be meaningless with out the comma.

Original: Verily I say unto thee To day shalt thou be with me in paradise

Translation: Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise

Another way of interpreting: Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise

The original leaves it open

• Agree
Reactions: GreekOrthodox
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The New International Version used text from the Dead Sea Scrolls to update its Bible translation as there were copying variances since the time of Christ. The Dead Sea Scrolls date from before 70 AD to as early as the first or second century BC. A complete Hebrew Isaiah scroll was found at Qumran south of Jericho overlooking the Dead Sea.

Upvote 0