Nov 23, 2013
✟7,615.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 9:17-23
King James Version (KJV)

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

We have nothing to complain about, God was willing to send his perfect innocent son Jesus to suffer Hellfire for his elects, which none of us deserve because we are all guilty of our sins.

The bottom is the true gospel that comes with true power!

After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. I found out that in them there is stealing, adultery, fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, jealousy, pride, using God's name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But if you are one of God’s elects and God gives you the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the permanent cure to boredom but it is only given to God’s elects who suffer the most in this world since they were physically born. Ex: Me I have a learning disability, was bullied most of my life, never experienced love from family and friends, judged by my family in everything I did (Before I was saved and after I was saved), never fitted in-no matter how hard I tried (The reason is because I am one of God’s elects, which I didn’t know before I was saved), have been in depression, no purpose in life, no hope, have hit rock bottom in my life, been hated by the world for no reason since I was physically born (John 15:18-19) and much more.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.
First, it's only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV, Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it's God's will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.
Then it's by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don't have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually.

Just so you know Jesus had to endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hell-Hellfire, which is extreme love and mercy. Read the bottom of what Jesus had to endure in Hell.
Lazarus and the rich man Luke 16:19-31
Extreme Dehydration, rich man begs for a drop of water.
Luke 16:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
A place of outer darkness Matthew 8:12
A place of no rest Revelation 14:11
A place of blackness and darkness forever Jude 13
A place where people are tormented with fire and brimstone Revelation 14:10
Extreme pain since you are in everlasting fire.

If Jesus didn’t die on the cross and endure Hell which is the punishment for sin, God would still be just in sending us all to Hell because we are all guilty of our sins. Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But God was willing to have some mercy, which we don’t deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. At least God was willing to have at least some mercy, better than no mercy at all.

Isaiah 1:9
King James Version (KJV)

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant (God’s elects), we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Romans 9:29
King James Version (KJV)

29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed (God’s elects), we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

If God didn’t chose anybody to be saved, God would still be just in sending us all to the lake of fire which we all deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. Be thankful that God was willing to have some undeserved mercy, which is better than no mercy at all.

It would help if someone can translate all of this into different languages like Spanish, Russian, French and more. Than I can spread the gospel on different social medias to people that speak these languages.

P.S don’t try to justify your sins or make excuses for your sins or find loopholes in the bible.

That’s about it.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't accept that, you can't say that it is a fact that there is no life on other planets because it hasn't been proven. Instead, the resurrection is a fact that has only been revealed to a selection of people, and we either accept it for what it is or we don't.
Facts are used to make verified positive claims. The fact would be there IS life on other planets and thus far this has not been proven to be true. The resurrection of Jesus was made by a few people; it was never verified.

Do you think the Christian witnesses were atheist, and do you think the two Roman guards really did fall asleep on duty?
I believe the Christian witnesses believed in God, and I think that gaurds falling asleep was probably made up

Ken

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Ken-1122 said:
The God of the Old Testament (Yawah) and the God of the New Testament (Jesus) appear to be different as well yet they are the same! K
Maybe, but if you want to understand the Jesus story you need to think about it in terms of Jesus.
Likewise, if you want to understand the Genesis 2/3 story, if you are going to assume the snake is satan at all you need to think in terms of the OT idea of an accuser, not the NT idea of evil personified.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, but if you want to understand the Jesus story you need to think about it in terms of Jesus.
Likewise, if you want to understand the Genesis 2/3 story, if you are going to assume the snake is satan at all you need to think in terms of the OT idea of an accuser, not the NT idea of evil personified.
It doesn't matter if he is the accuser, or evil personified; I still see no reason for him to be in the Garden in the first place. Do you?

Ken

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Ken-1122 said:
It doesn't matter if he is the accuser, or evil personified; I still see no reason for him to be in the Garden in the first place. Do you? Ken
Would you say that about a court room?

You've successfully convinced me with this one response that you are debating, not asking genuine questions.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would you say that about a court room?
What does a court room have to do with it?
You've successfully convinced me with this one response that you are debating, not asking genuine questions.
No! I asked why was Satan allowed in the Garden in the first place; and you responded that I should look at the difference between the Old and New testament version of Satan. I am responding I don't see what difference it makes; I don't see why he was allowed there in the first place. Now how is that not a genuine question?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Facts are used to make verified positive claims. The fact would be there IS life on other planets and thus far this has not been proven to be true. The resurrection of Jesus was made by a few people; it was never verified.
What do you call a statement that is true, but cannot be verified? I didn't know that life on other planets is a fact, I thought it was speculation. Can you explain why you think it is a fact?
I believe the Christian witnesses believed in God, and I think that gaurds falling asleep was probably made up

Ken
So do you think the Christian witnesses were comfortable to lie about God?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What do you call a statement that is true, but cannot be verified?
Theory, or a claim
I didn't know that life on other planets is a fact, I thought it was speculation. Can you explain why you think it is a fact?
I said life on other planets is NOT a fact because it hasn't been verified.
So do you think the Christian witnesses were comfortable to lie about God?
Yes! I believe people will justify all kinds of things to further their agendia.

Ken

Upvote 0

Hospes

Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These are just examples of God putting out fires he allowed to start. If he hadn't allowed the fire to start in the first place; if he didn't allow Satan in the garden in the first place, the man would not have been a drug addict in the first place, the young couple would not have had any problems, and all the rest of the problems would not have existed for God to fix. I don't see the advantage of God allowing Satan in the garden; do you?

Ken

Ken, when you write "I don't see the advantage...", I can only guess you actually mean "I understand what you think is the advantage and don't value it", which is a perfectly understandable position for you to take. I "guess" this because I believe I have given a rationale explanation for the advantage being the display and enjoyment of the glory - i.e. praiseworthiness - of God and I believe you have the intelligence to understand what I wrote. (Otherwise, I would have to assume you haven't really engaged your mind in what I have written.) So I am left with you don't see the value of God's glory when in contrast to the damage caused by the Fall. If this is the case, rather than discussing reasons for the fall, we need to discuss whether or not you and I have our values arranged correctly.

BTW, I must assume you don't live according to your response regarding the goodness befalling the people I know. To see goodness in your own life and devalue it because it only exists because there is brokenness would be to miss out on much happiness. So, again, I assume when something good happens to you, you see it as good and do not dismiss it as the results of the existence of bad. Otherwise, you would have to be miserable; you don't strike me as miserable.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ken, when you write "I don't see the advantage...", I can only guess you actually mean "I understand what you think is the advantage and don't value it", which is a perfectly understandable position for you to take. I "guess" this because I believe I have given a rationale explanation for the advantage being the display and enjoyment of the glory - i.e. praiseworthiness - of God and I believe you have the intelligence to understand what I wrote.
So if I understand ou correctly, you say God put the devil in the garden, setting Adam and Eve up for failure because he wanted them to fail, he wanted sin to enter the Earth, and he wanted 90% of his beloved creation to burn in Hell just so he can have the praise and glory of the 10% who actually makes it? Is this what you are saying or am I misunderstanding you. If you mean something different, please explain
So I am left with you don't see the value of God's glory when in contrast to the damage caused by the Fall. If this is the case, rather than discussing reasons for the fall, we need to discuss whether or not you and I have our values arranged correctly.
Okay my values say if you purposly put Kerosene, matches, old rags, and a known arsonist in a school full of children, and when the school catches fire you save 10% but 90% burns in the fire and dies, but the 10% will spend the rest of their lives praising you and telling you how good of a person you are for saving their lives; it is better to prevent the fire from starting in the first place. do those values appear arranged correctly to you?
BTW, I must assume you don't live according to your response regarding the goodness befalling the people I know.
I said nothing about the goodness regarding the people you know; I said if sin didn't exist all the bad wouldn't have happened to them.
To see goodness in your own life and devalue it because it only exists because there is brokenness would be to miss out on much happiness.
I never said I devalued my own life! Where are you getting this stuff?
So, again, I assume when something good happens to you, you see it as good and do not dismiss it as the results of the existence of bad. Otherwise, you would have to be miserable; you don't strike me as miserable.
Again; where are you getting this stuff? Maybe you should read what I wrote again because you've obviously misunderstood everything I said.

Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hospes

Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if I understand you correctly, you say God put the devil in the garden, setting Adam and Eve up for failure because he wanted them to fail, he wanted sin to enter the Earth, and he wanted 90% of his beloved creation to burn in Hell just so he can have the praise and glory of the 10% who actually makes it? Is this what you are saying or am I misunderstanding you.

Okay my values say if you purposely put Kerosene, matches, old rags, and a known arsonist in a school full of children, and when the school catches fire you save 10% but 90% burns in the fire and dies, but the 10% will spend the rest of their lives praising you and telling you how good of a person you are for saving their lives; it is better to prevent the fire from starting in the first place. do those values appear arranged correctly to you?
Ken

I have become convinced that people who make caricatures of another person's argument are not honestly interested in understanding the argument; no interest in refining their own thinking via honest agreement or disagreement. I used to be more like them, but I developed a distaste for its narcissism. I also now have no interest in engaging with people that practice it; it's just so tiresome.

You had some good questions; thanks for asking them.

Farewell, Ken.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, if a claim is made that is true but cannot be verified, does that make it less of a fact?
Yes! It doesn't make it any less true, but it does make it less of a fact.

Can you describe the agenda you have in mind?
Probably to convince everyone that Jesus is the son of God.

Ken

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes! It doesn't make it any less true, but it does make it less of a fact.
Why? If it is a fact to someone 2,000 years ago, why is it less of a fact now?
Probably to convince everyone that Jesus is the son of God.

Ken
It seems to quickly become all or nothing now. Is there anything that you think is true in the accounts of His witnesses?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[...]Okay my values say if you purposly put Kerosene, matches, old rags, and a known arsonist in a school full of children, and when the school catches fire you save 10% but 90% burns in the fire and dies, but the 10% will spend the rest of their lives praising you and telling you how good of a person you are for saving their lives; it is better to prevent the fire from starting in the first place. do those values appear arranged correctly to you?
[...]
Ken
If I may pick up on this analogy Ken, you should see that this example is seriously flawed. In a directly relevant analogy, those 90% who were condemned are actually the very arsonists that burned the school down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why? If it is a fact to someone 2,000 years ago, why is it less of a fact now?
I doubt it was a fact 2000 years ago, If it were verified, it would probably be a part of ancient Roman history

It seems to quickly become all or nothing now. Is there anything that you think is true in the accounts of His witnesses?
All the events that happened within the laws of nature.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I may pick up on this analogy Ken, you should see that this example is seriously flawed. In a directly relevant analogy, those 90% who were condemned are actually the very arsonists that burned the school down.
Okay I get it. So if the kerosene represents the tree, the school represents the Garden, the children represent Adam, Eve and all their decedents, The fire represents sin, the known arsonist represents the devil/snake, and you represent God; would it be fair to say the Arsonist taught or cajoled the 90% of the children to start the fire? Or do you feel the devil has nothing to do with the fall of Adam & Eve/mankind

Ken

Upvote 0

Joshua260

Oct 30, 2012
North Carolina
✟9,504.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt it was a fact 2000 years ago, If it were verified, it would probably be a part of ancient Roman history.

I guess you don't remember when you asserted this before and I responded with examples of where Roman historians, as well as others wrote about such things?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have become convinced that people who make caricatures of another person's argument are not honestly interested in understanding the argument; no interest in refining their own thinking via honest agreement or disagreement. I used to be more like them, but I developed a distaste for its narcissism. I also now have no interest in engaging with people that practice it; it's just so tiresome.

You had some good questions; thanks for asking them.

Farewell, Ken.
Farewell. I appreciate the answers you did give.

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess you don't remember when you asserted this before and I responded with examples of where Roman historians, as well as others wrote about such things?
Yes I remember you providing something that indicated he was executed, but it didn't mention him rising from the dead or doing anything outside the laws of nature.

Ken

Upvote 0