Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying grace ends at the church and it takes a special miracle to save anybody outside the church.

no, I am saying we know grace does end at the canonical limits of the Church, and what happens to those outside is God's business.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, thanks for clarifying that.

Why did Sr. Vassa seem to indicate otherwise in the videos I watched of her? She seemed to suggest that we can know if we find somebody who lives a grace-filled life.

Is one a "traditional" response and another "modern"? Or maybe they are not really in contradiction.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Why did Sr. Vassa seem to indicate otherwise in the videos I watched of her? She seemed to suggest that we can know if we find somebody who lives a grace-filled life.

Is one a "traditional" response and another "modern"? Or maybe they are not really in contradiction.

well, we can personally have lots of hope. my dead grandmother was a very devout Methodist. if you ask me she lived a very godly life, but Judgment Day isn't up to me. I trust in the God Who loves her, but how that all plays out I won't know until my own death.

so if she made it, she is Orthodox now.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm interested in answers to this also, as I always thought the grace filled lives are obvious ?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember ever seeing "Orthodox" used in this sense.
Is there a 'definition' , so to speak, that clarifies/ defines this ?
Thanks!
Shalom.

for some, their conversion happens at death, when they confront the true Christ face to face

Upvote 0