why so much violence in biblical times? why is it allowed to continue on even today?

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Israel wanted a king instead of a judge. Samuel tried to discourage them. God gave Israel what they asked for, since they would have made someone king anyway.
Gideon was already almost made king and his son Abimelech's name means 'my father is king'.

People are sinful and greedy. As long as someone has something which someone else wants, then conflict is unavoidable. This would then ultimately result in wars.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think it helps to realize that often wars in the Bible are decades to centuries apart.

Also historians have documented that since the middle ages violence has been going down, their is less and less violence not more as is often preached.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
why so much violence in biblical times? why is it allowed to continue on even today?
How can we not see how far we have fallen? Will it be too late before our eyes are opened? Why did god give israel a king, knowing they praise him more instead of God?

What caught my attention is the word "violence" in the title of your thread.

Just to put some perspective in this word that is sometimes seen in a context of a knee-jerk reaction, i have a question:

Was Jesus violent? Ever?

Upvote 0