Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do have a young adults ministry and there's lots of (desperate) singles in it....

But I'm way above the age limit! I'm getting invited often because I look young, like they won't find out my real age.... of course they would!

Well, in Biblical times, men married women much younger than them. lol

I recall someone mentioning attraction, hate to say it, but chances are you'll see some people exploring their options outside of church due to the selection in their church. This may sound offensive, but typically they find who they are attracted to outside of church and then wind up bringing them back to their home church or something (if the other person is a church-goer).

Also, there's the theory of not peeing where you eat, so that's why do this, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I recall someone mentioning attraction, hate to say it, but chances are you'll see some people exploring their options outside of church due to the selection in their church. This may sound offensive, but typically they find who they are attracted to outside of church and then wind up bringing them back to their home church or something (if the other person is a church-goer).

Also, there's the theory of not peeing where you eat, so that's why do this, too.

In biblical times, marriages were arranged.

• Agree
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Doesn't really matter where you meet someone as long as it's a good place.

Yea it used to be a time men married much younger women but because women back then were regarded as property....What they want in life didn't matter at all. It's horrible! I'm glad those dark ages are over! Well apparently not in all places but I hope they're next to turn!

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't really matter where you meet someone as long as it's a good place.

Yea it used to be a time men married much younger women but because women back then were regarded as property....What they want in life didn't matter at all. It's horrible! I'm glad those dark ages are over! Well apparently not in all places but I hope they're next to turn!

Yeah, a lot of things are different today than they were in Biblical times. Since people are marrying (or remarrying) at an older age, the whole idea of "death due us part", sadly, has become antiquated.

Upvote 0