Why should electors deny Trump over Russia?

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Many people want the the Electoral College to deny Trump the Presidency today. Some of the chief reasoning behind denying him is the fact that Russia "hacked the election", and that Alexander Hamilton warned about candidates winning under foreign influence.

Putting the popular vote (which everyone knew meant nothing before the election) and Trump's business issues aside, why is it fair to reject trump over Russia? I can understand rejecting him if there was definitive evidence that his campaign colluded with Putin, but there is not. By all appearances, the Russian government acted in its own interests.

Rejecting Trump over something that he had no control over is really quite stupid. That would be akin to telling a lottery winner to return their money, because some unrelated person tampered with the number drawing. I am pretty sure that most people would be peeved if they were punished for something they had no control over.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
In the end, all the DNC-Podesta emails and the Comey investigation did was highlight the nature and actions of Hillary. If her exposed character and actions lost her the election, good. Had she been un-corrupted, or at least less corrupted, there would have been no such news about her and the electors would likely be casting their votes in her favor as we speak.

I really think the attack on the electors was nothing more than a globalist-led attempted coup. We'll find out today if they succeeded in overthrowing the US government yet or not.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
All it takes is for 38 electoral votes to turn coat for Hillary to win.

It would quite literally take intervention by God Himself to get 38 Republican electors to cast their vote for Hillary. The best they can hope for is to get enough of them to cast non-Trump votes to throw the election to the House. I'll be surprised if they get more than 3 to do so, but even that amount would be crazy.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The media narrative that Russia "hacked the election" is misleading. It leads people to believe that Russia hacked the voting machines when that's not what the CIA said. And Obama said that it was very unlikely that voting machines could be hacked since they are so decentralized. At most, the Russians might have hacked the unclassified DNC server and been the ones to expose the corruption of the DNC. But people already knew before the leaks that the DNC primary was rigged for Hillary Clinton. All the leaks did was confirm it. And the DNC leaks were mostly ignored by the mainstream media. That combined with the constant attacks on Trump by the mainstream media is probably why during the campaign the Democrats were so sure that Trump was going to lose on election day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Northern Star
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people want the the Electoral College to deny Trump the Presidency today. Some of the chief reasoning behind denying him is the fact that Russia "hacked the election", and that Alexander Hamilton warned about candidates winning under foreign influence.

Putting the popular vote (which everyone knew meant nothing before the election) and Trump's business issues aside, why is it fair to reject trump over Russia? I can understand rejecting him if there was definitive evidence that his campaign colluded with Putin, but there is not. By all appearances, the Russian government acted in its own interests.

Rejecting Trump over something that he had no control over is really quite stupid. That would be akin to telling a lottery winner to return their money, because some unrelated person tampered with the number drawing. I am pretty sure that most people would be peeved if they were punished for something they had no control over.

I agree, Russian attempting to influence voters is not a reason to deny Trump.

There is a different reason: He is unfit for office.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I agree, Russian attempting to influence voters is not a reason to deny Trump.

There is a different reason: He is unfit for office.

Hard to say, he's not a politician and he's never held office. Besides, that statement is only a matter of opinion as there is no actual proof one way or the other.

Also as a matter of opinion, I happen to think Hillary was unfit for office. Far too corrupt, and the last thing we needed is someone who swore if she were elected she'd attack Iran, who threatened Russia and Turkey with military strikes during the campaign, and who had a history of granting favors to the highest bidder. We didn't need a blood-thirsty paid-for person in the White House.

• Agree
Reactions: Northern Star
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the end, all the DNC-Podesta emails and the Comey investigation did was highlight the nature and actions of Hillary. If her exposed character and actions lost her the election, good. Had she been un-corrupted, or at least less corrupted, there would have been no such news about her and the electors would likely be casting their votes in her favor as we speak.
That's mostly baloney. The emails were a confused issue. People confused the email server issue with the DNC emails issue. People didn't care whether something in an email had been classified after the fact and that nothing had been "highly classified".

I really think the attack on the electors was nothing more than a globalist-led attempted coup. We'll find out today if they succeeded in overthrowing the US government yet or not.
There's more to the US government than the presidency. And "globalist-led"?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hard to say, he's not a politician and he's never held office. Besides, that statement is only a matter of opinion as there is no actual proof one way or the other.

Also as a matter of opinion, I happen to think Hillary was unfit for office. Far too corrupt, and the last thing we needed is someone who swore if she were elected she'd attack Iran, who threatened Russia and Turkey with military strikes during the campaign, and who had a history of granting favors to the highest bidder. We didn't need a blood-thirsty paid-for person in the White House.
If that is truly the case then the voters were caught between a rock and a hard place as they say.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
QUOTE="DaisyDay, post: 70569659, member: 6146"]That's mostly baloney. The emails were a confused issue. People confused the email server issue with the DNC emails issue. People didn't care whether something in an email had been classified after the fact and that nothing had been "highly classified".

There's more to the US government than the presidency. And "globalist-led"?[/QUOTE]

You seem to be referring to the Comey investigation with the private server, still under investigation as they suspect it was hacked by no fewer than 5 foreign governments. I was referencing the DNC email leaks.

Yes, globalists, like Hillary. Open borders, UN treaty led directions governing the world. You know, globalists.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If that is truly the case then the voters were caught between a rock and a hard place as they say.

Again, a matter of opinion. All most people know about Trump is that they were told to believe about him during the campaign.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
someone who swore if she were elected she'd attack Iran
Aren't you leaving out the context? She didn't just swear to attack Iran as you're saying, but in answer to a specific question as to what she would do IF Iran were to threaten Israel with nuclear annihilation. That's an important caveat, I think; one that does not indicate corruption or bloodthirstiness.

What affect to you think Trump's determination to move the American embassy to Jerusalem will have on the region?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again, a matter of opinion. All most people know about Trump is that they were told to believe about him during the campaign.
Trump himself made extremely controversial statements that got him into hot water regardless of what others might have said about him-right?

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you leaving out the context? She didn't just swear to attack Iran as you're saying, but in answer to a specific question as to what she would do IF Iran were to threaten Israel with nuclear annihilation. That's an important caveat, I think; one that does not indicate corruption or bloodthirstiness.

What affect to you think Trump's determination to move the American embassy to Jerusalem will have on the region?

No, I don't believe so. I feel I'm right on point.

The overall effect is unknown. One one hand, it could solidify relations with Israel. The people over there who already hate us will continue to hate us no matter where the embassy is, no changes there.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Trump himself made extremely controversial statements that got him into hot water regardless of what others might have said about him-right?

Name a candidate who hasn't said things controversial to someone else.

Upvote 0