Why Satan is clearly not "bound" yet.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so some interesting fellows on this forum have made the claim that satan, was bound at the cross.

Meaning, that sin was ended, and satan was bound upon Christ's crucifixion.

Lets see what the Apostles warn about satan and sin after Christ is risen from the dead, past the point in which satan is bound according to some people on this forum..

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Gee golly, why the warning if satan is bound?

Act_5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

1Co_5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

If satan is bound, how can one be delieverd unto satan for the destruction of the flesh? How can satan destroy the flesh if he is bound?

1Co_7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

So satan is also a tempter... Interesting, he is also tempting humans...

2Co_2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

1Th_2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

1Ti_1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Rev_2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Eph_4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Eph_6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

1Ti_3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti_3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2Ti_2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Heb_2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Jas_4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Sure doesn't sound to me like satan is locked up anywhere, nor has sin been ended because, well, as we know, even Christians sin... How much more sin is taking place among the lost?

Last edited:

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, so some interesting fellows on this forum have made the claim that satan, was bound at the cross.

Meaning, that sin was ended, and satan was bound upon Christ's crucifixion.

Lets see what the Apostles warn about satan and sin after Christ is risen from the dead, past the point in which satan is bound according to some people on this forum..

Gee golly, why the warning if satan is bound?

Act_5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

1Co_5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

If satan is bound, how can one be delieverd unto satan for the destruction of the flesh? How can satan destroy the flesh if he is bound?

1Co_7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

So satan is also a tempter... Interesting, he is also tempting humans...

2Co_2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

1Th_2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

1Ti_1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Rev_2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Sure doesn't sound to me like satan is locked up anywhere, nor has sin been ended because, well, as we know, even Christians sin... How much more sin is taking place among the lost?

Jesus plundered the kingdom of Satan, because He first bound the strong man of the house.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus plundered the kingdom of Satan, because He first bound the strong man of the house.

Don't convince me, convince the apostles, they disagree with you.

That's why I posted scripture, so you could see what the bible says.

In the face of truth you have nothing but a one sentence reply with nothing but your own subjectivity.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't convince me, convince the apostles, they disagree with you.

That's why I posted scripture, so you could see what the bible says.

In the face of truth you have nothing but a one sentence reply with nothing but your own subjectivity.

So you do not believe Christ plundered the kingdom of Satan and saved souls from his kingdom? Cast out the demons from the possessed by the finger of God too?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you do not believe Christ plundered the kingdom of Satan and saved souls from his kingdom? Cast out the demons from the possessed by the finger of God too?

Absolutely, and every day we win more souls for Christ with our testimony...

But satan is not bound, and sin still exists.. That's why we take the Gospel to those who are lost to the god of this world, satan.

Every sinner that is lost to satan, needs salvation..

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely, and every day we win more souls for Christ with our testimony...

But satan is not bound, and sin still exists.. That's why we take the Gospel to those who are lost to the god of this world, satan.

Every sinner that is lost to satan, needs salvation..

Read Luke 11:20-23! And Matt. 16:18!

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Luke 11:20-23! And Matt. 16:18!

Neither of those verses say satan is bound.

Ill show you where satan is bound.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The 1000 years have yet to begin.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph_4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Eph_6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

1Ti_3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti_3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2Ti_2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Heb_2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Jas_4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Neither of those verses say satan is bound.

Ill show you where satan is bound.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The 1000 years have yet to begin.

Where is there any mention in this passage of:

The second coming of Christ
The bodily resurrection
A reign on earth
A literal throne of David
Jerusalem in the land of Palestine
Christ on earth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is there any mention in this passage of:

The second coming of Christ
The bodily resurrection
A reign on earth
A literal throne of David
Jerusalem in the land of Palestine
Christ on earth

I don't understand what youre asking, or what you are contending here, can you specify?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand what your asking, or what you are contending here, can you specify?

The lack of mention of these six things in that passage you quoted:

Luke 8:55

And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

See we amillennialists believe Revelation 20:4 is taking place in heaven and that these beheaded saints are disembodied souls that reign with Christ until His Second Coming when they will be resurrected with glorified bodies.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See we amillennialists believe Revelation 20:4 is taking place in heaven and that these beheaded saints are disembodied souls that reign with Christ until His Second Coming when they will be resurrected with glorified bodies.

Yes, Im aware of what amils believe, their doctrine comes from a very outdated time period when we as Christians weren't as theologically adept as we currently are today.

Your doctrine was created when Israel was desolate, not the topic of any discussion.. The Jews were still spread throughout the world, with no sign of a return to Israel on the horizon.

In 1948, the world was stunned when Israel, upon the return of the Jews formally became a sovereign nation again. Even capturing Jerusalem, their ancient city.

This is not some coincidence, God told us this would happen, but amils are hindered by their outdated doctrine..

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, Im aware of what amils believe, their doctrine comes from a very outdated time period when we as Christians weren't as theologically adept as we currently are today.

Your doctrine was created when Israel was desolate, not the topic of any discussion.. The Jews were still spread throughout the world, with no sign of a return to Israel on the horizon.

In 1948, the world was stunned when Israel, upon the return of the Jews formally became a sovereign nation again. Even capturing Jerusalem, their ancient city.

This is not some coincidence, God told us this would happen, but amils are hindered by their outdated doctrine..

But the Old Covenant was replaced by the New Covenant.

Hebrews 8:6,13

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 5:2-4

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the Old Covenant was replaced by the New Covenant.

What does the New Covenant have to do with the Jews? They don't accept it.

They don't believe Christ was the Messiah..

Rom_11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What does the New Covenant have to do with the Jews? They don't accept it.

They don't believe Christ was the Messiah..

Rom_11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Read my SIG! Its self explanatory the Jews were given the Law before they were given the Land. And they always lost the Land when they were faithless to the Law and God.

Here is yet another scripture passage that proves the Old Covenant is dead:

Hebrews 10:9-10

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read my SIG! Its self explanatory the Jews were given the Law before they were given the Land. And they always lost the Land when they were faithless to the Law and God.

Here is yet another scripture passage that proves the Old Covenant is dead:

Hebrews 10:9-10

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

I understand that, that's why the Jews are blinded to the New Covenant in Christ.

Unless I missed something, the Jews in Israel follow the Old Covenant and are in fact blind to the New.

They prove my point for me, just like the Bible says...

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey random person..

Israel belongs to God, not Allah..

Lev 25:23 The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

Gen 12:7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand that, that's why the Jews are blinded to the New Covenant in Christ.

Unless I missed something, the Jews in Israel follow the Old Covenant and are in fact blind to the New.

They prove my point for me, just like the Bible says...

They don't even follow the Old Covenant, modern Judaism is Talmudism but here is another fact for you, most of Israel is secular and the State of Israel is a secular state.

Now with this knowledge, read these passages:

OLD COVENANT

Genesis 17:14

And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

NEW COVENANT

Romans 2:28-29

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

--------

OLD COVENANT

Deuteronomy 10:15

Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day.

Exodus 19:5-6

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

NEW COVENANT

1 Peter 2:5,9

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't even follow the Old Covenant, modern Judaism is Talmudism but here is another fact for you, most of Israel is secular and the State of Israel is a secular state.

You've obviously never been to Israel.

Israel observes the Torah, the Old Testament.

They don't teach Christ..

They worship God, the father, YHVH, who we know as Jesus Christ.

That's why I find it odd you have a "free Palestine" avatar.

Israel belongs to God, not allah...

The Jews worship God, Paul said this decision to follow the old covenant is up to you.

Jas 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

The Jews still follow the Law.

Not the law of Christ.
Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Upvote 0