USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The city referred to obviously is not Vatican City. First, as was said, Vatican City was not there at the time. Second, while ancient Rome has seven hills within, Vatican City is outside of the ancient walls of Rome, you have to cross the olds walls and the Tiber River to get there. You should go there some day, at St. Peter's Basilica, under the altar, below the level where the more recent popes are buried is the location where St. Peter was buried. But from all I know, while many scholars believe it is pagan Rome, I feel that Jerusalem is the best fit.
This was a prophecy about the future involving "Vatican city".

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It isn't the faithful individuals; Catholic or of any denomination, who are referred to. It is the system, the errors of doctrines and the false traditions that will be destroyed.
I agree.

It will be ironic that the ten kings will destroy the Vatican, because one truth the Vatican does have is Jesus is God. Which that will conflict with the beast's claim of being God.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Quote: "The belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the 'harlot' of Rev 17, is correct".

Scripture disagrees with this popular belief (tradition).

Scripture tells us WHAT the "harlot" is:

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

It is not the Catholic church, for the Catholic Church is not a city and did not exist at the time of this revelation of Christ for the END TIMES.

Just as GOD has a city *(The New Jerusalem, heavenly, full of truth and holiness), so does SATAN have his city *(Babylon, which means "confusion" in Hebrew). She is the great "harlot" that commits SPIRITUAL ADULTERY with a FALSE GOD *(Satan).

Christ777
Revelation was and still is a future event. The RCC was future thus a candidate. It still exist and has not been destroyed, thus still a candidate. That does not mean the RCC is, but could be. What other Christian religion has there been other than the Greek Orthodox?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The city referred to obviously is not Vatican City. First, as was said, Vatican City was not there at the time. Second, while ancient Rome has seven hills within, Vatican City is outside of the ancient walls of Rome, you have to cross the olds walls and the Tiber River to get there. You should go there some day, at St. Peter's Basilica, under the altar, below the level where the more recent popes are buried is the location where St. Peter was buried. But from all I know, while many scholars believe it is pagan Rome, I feel that Jerusalem is the best fit.
Peter was not buried in Rome. Peter died in Babylon, modern day Iraq. There is no historical record that claims his bones were moved from Iraq to Italy.

Are you claiming Jerusalem will be utterly destroyed and when? It has to be after all merchants even to this day have traded in this city.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Peter was not buried in Rome. Peter died in Babylon, modern day Iraq. There is no historical record that claims his bones were moved from Iraq to Italy.

Are you claiming Jerusalem will be utterly destroyed and when? It has to be after all merchants even to this day have traded in this city.
The first St. Peter's was built over the grave of Peter. There was ancient writing on the wall pointing the way. Peter's skeleton was found minus the feet--as if he had been hung upside down or something and someone chopped off the feet to get the body down. You can sign up for a tour and see the place yourself, contact the Vatican. It is called the Scavi tour. From that location you can look up right into the altar area levels above.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The first St. Peter's was built over the grave of Peter. There was ancient writing on the wall pointing the way. Peter's skeleton was found minus the feet--as if he had been hung upside down or something and someone chopped off the feet to get the body down. You can sign up for a tour and see the place yourself, contact the Vatican. It is called the Scavi tour. From that location you can look up right into the altar area levels above.
Many claim Jesus was married and had offspring. Does not mean it is true.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yet it is still a city today. It was not wiped off the map and never rebuilt.
Is it the same city? Would it be correct of me to say I have an axe that has been in my family since the Civil War, it has only had four new blades and three new handles?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Revelation was and still is a future event. The RCC was future thus a candidate. It still exist and has not been destroyed, thus still a candidate. That does not mean the RCC is, but could be. What other Christian religion has there been other than the Greek Orthodox?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is it the same city? Would it be correct of me to say I have an axe that has been in my family since the Civil War, it has only had four new blades and three new handles?
Is a city a location or the people in it? A city cannot change location, but no city is the "same" city every 100 years, even if it is.

So yes it is the same city. Some cities can even change their name, but still the same city.

Upvote 0

Christ777

Jan 21, 2021
Florida
✟8,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No need to speculate. Scripture reveals the city is Babylon, or Confusion.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Who is the father of all lies and confusion? THE DEVIL! This is his "woman" or "city", made up of GREAT CONFUSION

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums