Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your post did not reply to the content of what I wrote so it WAS a red herring. And then do you want me to explain to you why your comment is a red herring (but I've already done that)?

No thanks.:wave:
Again, your misunderstanding of my post doesn't make it a red herring. But you're welcome to explain my post and then explain why it's a red herring. Then we can go from there.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Again, your misunderstanding of my post doesn't make it a red herring. But you're welcome to explain my post and then explain why it's a red herring. Then we can go from there.

When will you admit that you got it wrong with your terrible spelling? You wrote: 'Of course it died. Hope thst helps you'. What DIED? Zero, zilch, nothing DIED. Then the misspelling of 'thst' made your message irresponsibly ridiculous in your reply to what I wrote at #91.

So your reply did not relate to what I posted, thus making it a red herring. The fact that you don't want to admit this, further emphasises that you don't want to communicate in a rational way with me. A logical fallacy demonstrates erroneous reasoning, which is what you did.

I didn't come down in the last logical shower!:sigh:

Oz

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
When will you admit that you got it wrong with your terrible spelling? You wrote: 'Of course it died. Hope thst helps you'. What DIED? Zero, zilch, nothing DIED. Then the misspelling of 'thst' made your message irresponsibly ridiculous in your reply to what I wrote at #91.

So your reply did not relate to what I posted, thus making it a red herring. The fact that you don't want to admit this, further emphasises that you don't want to communicate in a rational way with me. A logical fallacy demonstrates erroneous reasoning, which is what you did.

Oz
So it's not that what I said was wrong, but that I had typos. When I, and most people, see typos we figure out what was meant and respond accordingly. We had a member that couldn't couldn't hardly spell or write above maybe an eight grade level, yet people still communicated with him.

It is obvious that you realize they were typos. Yet instead of ignoring that, you want to go on a multiple page derail. Talk about a red herring.

So to get back on track:

Of course it DID. Hope that helps you.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Oz
A truly educated and accomplished debater doesn't need to point out logical fallacies or make the claim that they are logical fallacies. An accomplished debater simply deals with the fallacy in a logical manner. He ignores red herrings or attempts to distract and continues on with his argument. If his argument is worth anything it will stand on its own without pointing fingers or making claims of logical fallacies.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A truly educated and accomplished debater doesn't need to point out logical fallacies or make the claim that they are logical fallacies. An accomplished debater simply deals with the fallacy in a logical manner. He ignores red herrings or attempts to distract and continues on with his argument. If his argument is worth anything it will stand on its own without pointing fingers or making claims of logical fallacies.

twin, isn't that "poisoning the well?"

I'm not an educated or accomplished debater!

lol

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So it's not that what I said was wrong, but that I had typos. When I, and most people, see typos we figure out what was meant and respond accordingly. We had a member that couldn't couldn't hardly spell or write above maybe an eight grade level, yet people still communicated with him.

It is obvious that you realize they were typos. Yet instead of ignoring that, you want to go on a multiple page derail. Talk about a red herring.

So to get back on track:

Of course it DID. Hope that helps you.

You are the only one who knows you meant DID instead of DIED. But that is not what you wrote in #94. Therefore, I had every right to call you for use of a red herring fallacy at #96 and #98, because that is what you had done, as there was no admission and correction by you up to that point.

I was accurate in labelling your actions.

Oz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You are the only one who knows you meant DID instead of DIED. But that is not what you wrote in #94. Therefore, I had every right to call you for use of a red herring fallacy at #96 and #98, because that is what you had done, as there was no admission and correction by you up to that point.

I was accurate in labelling your actions.

Oz
But now that you know what I said, it wasn't a red herring. You can either respond to it, or continue this nonsense. It's up to you.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But now that you know what I said, it wasn't a red herring. You can either respond to it, or continue this nonsense. It's up to you.

It WAS a red herring because you did not respond to what I said in what you wrote. Now that you have cleared that up, it doesn't deny that what I wrote about your committing a red herring was accurate in my response to you.

Logical fallacies are not nonsense. In fact, it's the reverse, to engage in the use of a logical fallacy is to commit erroneous reasoning. That's what you did in your response to me, hence my calling you for the red herring.

I'd just about collapse if I read this from you, 'Thanks for drawing that to my attention. That was illogic in action with my stupid misspelling. Thank you for showing me that I committed a red herring fallacy'.

Oz

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You still are not answering my question:

Does this conversation with God include John 14:13-14 (ESV) for every believer? 'Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it'.
Of course it does. I hope that helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't God just love us to talk to Him, even if He does know what way things are going to work out?

Also, isn't Satan the primary cause of sin?

Gillian
Sin is caused by our depraved nature not by Satan. We can't put the blame on Satan for what we do. Satan tempts and lies and deceives but our sin is all our own.

The Lord not only knows what we are going to pray for but He has purposed that we do. We can come boldly to the throne of grace to find grace to help in time of need. That means that He welcomes us with open arms and we are able to come into His presence without fear or trepidation.

Prayer is the cry of the soul in worship, praise, adoration, thanksgiving and need. The Spirit makes intercession for us because we don't know how to pray or what to ask for.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Satan gets blamed for everything.

"The devil made me do it!" - Skip Wilson

Ok, whatever.

You did it because you wanted to do it. It's a real problem in our society, people shift blame when they do wrong and just won't man up and take it on the chin.

Upvote 0