Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason I chose the word "white" was to underscore that these provocateurs are largely elements of white supremacist groups trying to appropriate the narrative and further the idea that Black men are inherently more violent.
Interesting story, but unlikely. It makes a good diversion: those people looting and acting like barbarians aren't *real* black protestors, they're actually minions of the Vast White Supremacist Conspiracy. Many will buy it, because White Supremacists are a standard bogeyman. In fact, there are a few thousand of them at most, and a good many of those are incarcerated, as they tend not to be the cream of society. They influence is negligible, and their presence is largely limited to social media. They make a great scarecrow if you need one, the Southern Poverty Law Center has made their fortune for many years writing scary stories about Klansmen, Neo-Nazis, and Aryan Nations goons to make the credulous open up their wallets. (Funny story - I once found myself listed by the SPLC as a member of a WS group. Being bi-racial and married to an Asian immigrant, it seemed to me that I was an unlikely recruit, being both a "mongrel" and a "mud-person" in the WS economy, but the worthies at the SPLC had apparently seen through my disguise. Turned out I was corresponding with a PCA pastor that they had decided was "Christian Identity (far from it!") zealot, so I became a "known associate", and hence a non-white (well half-white, anyway) White Supremacist. Easy game to play, innit?

Short form, I suspect that those "white provocateurs" exist primarily to provide a fig leaf for the BLM folks to hide behind so they don't have to own the actions of bad actors among them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0