Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On who looters are, what they want, and why some protests are more likely to include them.

For many Americans watching the country erupt in protests, the looting is the rub. Over the past week, thousands of people have taken to the streets in cities across the United States to denounce institutional racism and police violence after a Minneapolis man named George Floyd died when a police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes. But the breaking of windows, burning of property, and stealing of goods that has accompanied peaceful demonstrations makes some people hesitant to throw their full support behind the protesters.

Continued below.
Why People Loot

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I find the sociologist long drawn out explanations to be tediously boring. There are peaceful protesters and looters who see an opportunity and then there are the organized actors such as Antifa that plan the violence.

One tactic is an Antifa member will very publicly smash a storefront window and incite mob violence.
I think the numbers for the violent groups and Antifa like terror groups are higher than stated.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a tremendous opportunity being missed here for some aspiring medieval themed musicians. Something along the lines of the "Crack Madrigal Squad"

I'm waiting for the headline,

"Small group of protestors baroque in and luted the establishment"

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0