Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know the headline seems purely political but stay with me, it's intertwined.

Excerpt:
The most plausible diagnosis for this cultural decay is that it’s a consequence of the loss of grand narratives and meaning that were once provided by the West’s religious and intellectual heritage. Murray also describes the astonishing appeal of these ideologies as a post-recession phenomenon, with the impact of the 2008 economic downturn having left young people feeling precarious and looking for ways to make sense of it all. As a result, politics isn’t a necessary nuisance; it’s the source of one’s purpose and meaning in life.​

Why Our Society Suffers from 'Mass Derangement' | The American Conservative

KateforChrist

Koalas are NOT bears
Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
✟19,873.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The world changed a lot after WWI, the Great Depression and WWII. During the war many men died, women had been working at men's jobs whilst the men were away at war. When the war ended there weren't as many men to do the work and/so the women remained in the work force.

As a result of this children weren't brought up by their mother. Divorce has become the norm and so on and so forth.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no long term vision and purpose. It's 'live for today'. I have seen this ruin many people (but for the grace of God there goes me) and I'm afraid it's ruining our country .

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see the world growing more and more disordered as it moves away from God and His teachings.

Me too. It's such mind-boggling irony that secularists look at Christendom as a primitive thing, and yet when you remove it from society it all descends into madness. Christendom establishes a natural order to everything.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Christianity is being removed in ignorance and in the name of "freedom", but society is falling into madness to the point some don't even know if they're male or female.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Christianity is being removed in ignorance and in the name of "freedom", but society is falling into madness to the point some don't even know if they're male or female.
"Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad."

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That bit they mention about forgiveness being replaced with retribution - it's the scariest and most sickening aspect of all this. They see an apology as a sign of weakness and their opening to go in for the kill. NEVER APOLOGIZE to these people, it's like baring your neck to a pack of wolves.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Exactly. You can see that in the forums with all the madness

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That bit they mention about forgiveness being replaced with retribution - it's the scariest and most sickening aspect of all this. They see an apology as a sign of weakness and their opening to go in for the kill. NEVER APOLOGIZE to these people, it's like baring your neck to a pack of wolves.

Agreed.

The woke SJW crowd aren't satisfied with an apology, which they don't deserve in the first place. They want one of two outcomes:
  1. The person/persons/entity undergoes a total public transformation to their way of thinking. Chick-Fil-A is a perfect example. They converted from an ostensibly principled Christian company that stood by it's beliefs, to a floppy impotent chain that cowed to the crybullying of the left.
  2. The person/persons/entity is beaten into submission to the point that they're relegated to obscurity and completely eliminated as a "threat". Just look at the comments on basically any political tweet.
They agents of the left are a functional gestapo.

They want your life, so they'll take your safety from you. They want your liberty, so they'll take your voice from you. They want your pursuit of happiness, so they'll take your livelihood from you.

What they really want is the death and destruction of everyone outside of their tent. We see it when Maxine Waters instructs her followers to be violent against us. We see it when Antifa commits unprovoked assaults against anyone presumably on the right (really anyone not wearing their "uniform", effectively the Democratic Schutzstaffel).

The left is actively moving to shift anyone on the right to second-class citizenship. We are to them what the Samaritans were to the Israelites 2,000+ years ago.

Upvote 0

PuerAzaelis

Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
NYC
✟181,110.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0