• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Why Our Society Suffers From ‘Mass Derangement’

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick DEUS VULT

+7,247
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I know the headline seems purely political but stay with me, it's intertwined.

Excerpt:
    The most plausible diagnosis for this cultural decay is that it’s a consequence of the loss of grand narratives and meaning that were once provided by the West’s religious and intellectual heritage. Murray also describes the astonishing appeal of these ideologies as a post-recession phenomenon, with the impact of the 2008 economic downturn having left young people feeling precarious and looking for ways to make sense of it all. As a result, politics isn’t a necessary nuisance; it’s the source of one’s purpose and meaning in life. ​

Why Our Society Suffers from 'Mass Derangement' | The American Conservative

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KateforChrist

KateforChrist Koalas are NOT bears

+720
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    The world changed a lot after WWI, the Great Depression and WWII. During the war many men died, women had been working at men's jobs whilst the men were away at war. When the war ended there weren't as many men to do the work and/so the women remained in the work force.

As a result of this children weren't brought up by their mother. Divorce has become the norm and so on and so forth.

3. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,783
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    When people have no God, then the next-highest authority becomes a god.

4. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+7,107
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    There is no long term vision and purpose. It's 'live for today'. I have seen this ruin many people (but for the grace of God there goes me) and I'm afraid it's ruining our country .

5. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+3,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I see the world growing more and more disordered as it moves away from God and His teachings.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Fenwick

Fenwick DEUS VULT

+7,247
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Me too. It's such mind-boggling irony that secularists look at Christendom as a primitive thing, and yet when you remove it from society it all descends into madness. Christendom establishes a natural order to everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Chrystal-J

+3,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Christianity is being removed in ignorance and in the name of "freedom", but society is falling into madness to the point some don't even know if they're male or female.

8. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,978
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    "Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad."

9. Chrystal-J

+3,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Matthew 17:17 “O unbelieving and perverse generation!” Jesus replied. “How long must I remain with you? How long must I put up with you?..."

10. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+16,720
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    That bit they mention about forgiveness being replaced with retribution - it's the scariest and most sickening aspect of all this. They see an apology as a sign of weakness and their opening to go in for the kill. NEVER APOLOGIZE to these people, it's like baring your neck to a pack of wolves.

11. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+1,113
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Exactly. You can see that in the forums with all the madness

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Fenwick

Fenwick DEUS VULT

+7,247
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Agreed.

The woke SJW crowd aren't satisfied with an apology, which they don't deserve in the first place. They want one of two outcomes:
    1. The person/persons/entity undergoes a total public transformation to their way of thinking. Chick-Fil-A is a perfect example. They converted from an ostensibly principled Christian company that stood by it's beliefs, to a floppy impotent chain that cowed to the crybullying of the left.
    2. The person/persons/entity is beaten into submission to the point that they're relegated to obscurity and completely eliminated as a "threat". Just look at the comments on basically any political tweet.
    They agents of the left are a functional gestapo.

They want your life, so they'll take your safety from you. They want your liberty, so they'll take your voice from you. They want your pursuit of happiness, so they'll take your livelihood from you.

What they really want is the death and destruction of everyone outside of their tent. We see it when Maxine Waters instructs her followers to be violent against us. We see it when Antifa commits unprovoked assaults against anyone presumably on the right (really anyone not wearing their "uniform", effectively the Democratic Schutzstaffel).

The left is actively moving to shift anyone on the right to second-class citizenship. We are to them what the Samaritans were to the Israelites 2,000+ years ago.

13. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+16,720
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I learned a new word. :) Fits perfectly.

14. PuerAzaelis

PuerAzaelis Active Member Supporter

+119
    Catholic
    Private