• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Joy

Embracing life with enthusiasm at every turn...
Jan 31, 2006
College
✟16,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My Uncle died in his sleep last Saturday. He was only fortyish and just married with two step kids. This is devestating for my mom (his sister) and My Grandmom. It has hurt our family deeply. The saddest part is he was not a Christian. which leaves no hope. My parents flew to FL for his funeral and to be with my Grandmom and my 14 yr. old sister is home with my Grandma in CA. Friday night our Family bird named Birdy a beloved cockatiel died in her arms, It was the tip of the iceberg to an emotionally draining week.
I wish I understood and I know I cannot. I wish it made sense but it never will. :confused:

I am worried about my Granddad he is old and not healthy and I don't want him to die over this. That whole side of the family doesn't know God and though I try to be a wittness I only see them so often and it has only planted seeds that are not watered.

I would appreciate any prayers about this and for my family.
My Granddad is named Harry and my Grandmom is Mary Jo (they are not married anymore) My mom is Elaine. Thanks.

rottenlivia

Nov 4, 2007
✟7,638.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
First of all, let me say how sorry I am to hear of all your family is going through. Death is spoken of in the bible as being a thief and it sure is that. That is how I felt when I lost my mom and then my dad. But, what makes it different is that I know from scripture that even though my parents didn't practice their faith, there is still hope. Can I tell you why and maybe it will give you some peace and a ray of hope too.

Kaity, are you familiar with the resurrection of Jesus good friend Lazarus? When Jesus received word that Lazarus was ill, instead of going right away to see him, he waited awhile and finally knowing that he had passed he told his apostles that they would travel there as Lazarus was sick. They thought, 'If he's sick, why go? He'll get well...'. Jesus said, He's gone to rest. Finally, he just said it straight out, 'Lazarus has died.'

Now, you may think 'Lazarus had faith, it's not the same with my uncle', but when Jesus was speaking with Lazarus sister he told her something special. He said,'The hour is coming, and it is now, when all those in the memorial tombs would hear his voice and come out.'

Notice he didn't say, ONLY those with perfect faith, faith period, no ALL those in the memorial tombs.

I'm sure that you have tried hard to be a good example to your relatives. But it can relieve you to know that Jehovah God is the reader of hearts. He sees what is inside a person that makes them the way they are. Why some believe easily, some not so easily and some not at all. He knows all that they have been through in life. What has sculpted their views, what makes them skeptical. That is why there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous AND the unrighteous. Not to make them stand up and answer for every little thing they did wrong in their life but to give them the chance to come to know Jehovah God, to make an educated decision to serve him or not. All the things a person did before they died, unless it was the unforgiveable sin which is a deliberate sin directly against God, a person pays for with their life when they die. That''s why scripture teaches us that 'The wages sin pays is death'. You can't pay with anything greater than your life.

Your uncle is asleep in a way that is most peaceful. It is a place of inactivity, not in a limbo or lost or purgatory or hell. Those are manmade beliefs. One day your uncle will hear the voice of Christ and wake to find an earth the way it was meant to be. With perfect health, with none of the stresses we face day to day to interfere.

My mom died the same way back in 1991. She went to take a nap and went in her sleep. She was 56. If you want to talk ever you can reach me by rottenlivia@yahoo.com.

Don't you lose your footing. I will pray to Jehovah to hold you close and help you to keep getting to know him and his son better and better. There is where real comfort is.
I sent you a very tight hug.
Kim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.