Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Palin is against abortion, even in the case of rape or incest.
Okay, ladies. I will agree that abortion, in most cases, is not okay. But honestly, if I got pregnant as a result of rape, I don't know what my decision would be. I would like to think I'd keep the baby, but I would like to have a choice.

Palin opposes the use of birth control, as well sexual health education classes for teens.
AND
McCain is against federal funding of birth control and sex education.
I think that we can all agree that abstinence would be the best way to go. But taking sex education out of our schools is reckless. Again, women's rights come into play. No birth control? If I don't want kids yet, I think it's my choice whether or not I take birth control or am celibate.

Palin forced the rape victims of Wasilla, Alaska to pay for their own rape kits.
This is most definitely true. When she came into office, she opposed the law stating that the state would pay for rape kits. Now rape victims in Wasilla have to pay for their own rape kits which cost around $1200.

Last edited:
Reactions: moonkitty
R

RobinRedbreast

and it doesn't bother you in the least that palin has done this and that they have both voted to take away your rights as a woman?

Just for the record, that's what you consider to be "rights as a woman". There are some people (not taking sides here, just saying "everyone has an opinion") that don't believe it -is- a right to be able to abort a child.

As a result, your statement here makes no sense for someone with that belief.

Everyone has their own minds, can't we just let everyone vote as they wish to vote and quit the smearing?

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just for the record, that's what you consider to be "rights as a woman". There are some people (not taking sides here, just saying "everyone has an opinion") that don't believe it -is- a right to be able to abort a child.

Everyone has their own minds, can't we just let everyone vote as they wish to vote and quit the smearing?

this isn't smearing. these are facts. and i'm not trying to argue with anyone or start a huge debate. i just think that these are big issues. and you ask why talk about it with the elections so close. that is exactly why! the elections are close. in time and in numbers. so this is the time to get the facts out to someone who may not know them.

Reactions: Xinnamon
Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

yea, what she said. I could say more... but I'm going to take MG's advice and keep my mouth shut.

As for the rape kit things... I remember reading that it wasn't true, but at this point it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yea, what she said. I could say more... but I'm going to take MG's advice and keep my mouth shut.

As for the rape kit things... I remember reading that it wasn't true, but at this point it doesn't really matter.

the "rape kit thing" is most certainly true. i live 45 minutes from wasilla, alaska.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Making a thread titled "why NOT to vote for mccain" is a smear-tactic, I'm sorry. If it was "Let's discuss the both sides of politics" then maybe you'd have something there.

it's not a smear tactic. if i was attempting to "smear" palin or mccain, i would have come up with much worse. these are facts that everyone should be aware of. obama is pro-choice. there's the other side.

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Ditto this.

I can not WAIT till this stupid election is over and I'll be so happy when everyone can have normal conversations again. It got old so long ago :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you know, not posting is really hard in threads like this...
For both sides...but hopefully we love each other enough to refrain. I seriously don't want to see my sisters on either side hurting.

Cookies anyone?:yum:

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For both sides...but hopefully we love each other enough to refrain. I seriously don't want to see my sisters on either side hurting.

Cookies anyone?:yum:

you know, it is possible to have a civilized discussion without anyone's feelings getting hurt...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.