Why not live your life as a son of God forgiven of sin and washed clean??

Gismys17

Jan 22, 2017
southern USA
✟5,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why not live your life as a son of God forgiven of sin and washed clean??

God says==For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Hebrews 8:12
“Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.” IS 1.18

God says==“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.” Is 43.25

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. HEB 10.22

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. PS 51.7

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 CO 6.9-1

God has=as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:19

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are no good reasons to refuse God's goodness and grace - there are only bad reasons - some of which are disguised to appear 'good'.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! <---> Isaiah 5:20

One key is to think 'long term' instead of 'short term'.

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. <---> 2 Peter 1:2-9

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Gismys17. Yes, why not live our life as forgiven and loved by God, our Heavenly Father? Jesus told us How to, in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself, In verse 40, we are told; On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants our love freely given and always true.
The Bible tells us; give up our selfish wants and wishes, and start to love and care for all we meet. Matthew 7: 7-10; tells us: " ask and you shall receive, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our love and God will Bless us. Jesus died that we might live, let us therefore follow Jesus back to our Heavenly Father, and change into the sons and daughters which God wants us to be. I say this with love, Gismys. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0