Why not just allow Covid as a reason for Absentee Ballots?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like the easy alternative.

if you do not feel safe going to a polling place allow Covid safety as a reason for obtaining an absentee ballot.

Just fill out the application as thousands of people already do and there ya go!

it is more secure than sending out millions of ballots to addresses all over the country. It allows control and you know the person being sent the ballot along with address.

thoughts?

Reactions: Johan_1988

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

if you do not feel safe going to a polling place allow Covid safety as a reason for obtaining an absentee ballot.

Just fill out the application as thousands of people already do and there ya go!

it is more secure than sending out millions of ballots to addresses all over the country. It allows control and you know the person being sent the ballot along with address.

thoughts?

How does it work? Like voting by proxy?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the dems weren't so dishonest in their present/past agenda to take the president down, none of this would likely be a problem.

I say remove the right to vote from all democrats, and call it a day...no vote necessary. :)
Moscow Mitch see's what you did there
mitch_grim_reaper_mcconnell.jpg

...and he likes it! :D
tulc(is drinking some excellent coffee right now) :coffee:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the problem.
1. Absentee ballots have to be mailed in.

2. There is already a documented, recognized existing slow down of processed and delivered mail.

3. It's far easier to loose, delay, or divert those ballots in transit.

4. the polls are so close that now more than ever before, it's important to guard your vote, and make sure that it's counted and secure before you leave the polling place.

5. The future of our Country depends upon each and every vote more than it ever has since the Revolution.

VOTE IN PERSON!
YOUR COUNTRY IS COUNTING ON YOU.

• Agree
Reactions: Johan_1988
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absentee ballots are not the same as voting by mail.

To get an Absentee ballot you first have to prove your identity. There are no restrictions on voting by mail. Voting by mail is the most easily corrupted means of voting, which is exactly why the Democrats are so vigorously endorsing that means. As they have done on numerous instances prior, if necessary State Democrat operatives will simply "find" bags of ballots in trunks of cars or lying under a table somewhere all of which mysteriously happen to have been cast for Biden.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seems like the easy alternative. if you do not feel safe going to a polling place allow Covid safety as a reason for obtaining an absentee ballot.

Just fill out the application as thousands of people already do and there ya go! it is more secure than sending out millions of ballots to addresses all over the country. It allows control and you know the person being sent the ballot along with address.

thoughts?
There is no real safety from getting COVID. Masks do some good but not totally protect the wearer. What would protect is a personal hasmat suit. But the government isn't issuing those out so everyone must make due with a mask.

And the additional practice of keeping 6ft from others while in line. That is an additional health security. And sitting in voting booths far enough away from others for health security and voting privacy.

I'll stick with what I know is working. Going to the voting building to vote, and wear a mask, and maintain 6ft from others.

No insecurities with using an absentee ballot (that healthy people don't really qualify for) to worry about.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Absentee ballots are not the same as voting by mail.

To get an Absentee ballot you first have to prove your identity. There are no restrictions on voting by mail. Voting by mail is the most easily corrupted means of voting, which is exactly why the Democrats are so vigorously endorsing that means. As they have done on numerous instances prior, if necessary State Democrat operatives will simply "find" bags of ballots in trunks of cars or lying under a table somewhere all of which mysteriously happen to have been cast for Biden.

I don't suppose you'd like to provide some kind of documented source supporting this alleged distinction, would you?

thoughts?

That's what most states have done.

Changes to absentee/mail-in voting procedures in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, 2020 - Ballotpedia

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Florida and the northern states haven't been able to get the "snowbirds'" duplicative absentee ballots straight in decades, let alone mass mail-in ballots. It's going to be a disaster, and that's essentially the plan. Such disasters always seem to go a certain way. It's directly opposed to the way we should be going - photo ID.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

thoughts?
Given that elections are operated by the states, Republican governors most be less than pleased every time this President insinuates that they are incapable of running an honest election!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
If the dems weren't so dishonest in their present/past agenda to take the president down, none of this would likely be a problem.

I say remove the right to vote from all democrats, and call it a day...no vote necessary. :)
So many accusations - so little evidence!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I really don't get this false distinction between absentee ballots and mail-in ballots people are making. 34 states have either all mail in voting or no-excuse absentee voting. I can see adding COVID as a excuse for those 16 states that don't, but for most of the country it won't change anything.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I really don't get this false distinction between absentee ballots and mail-in ballots people are making. 34 states have either all mail in voting or no-excuse absentee voting. I can see adding COVID as a excuse for those 16 states that don't, but for most of the country it won't change anything.
How many of those 34 just recently changed their systems to make all mail-in be their policy or made absentee voting much less closely supervised? "Most" would be my guess.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
How many of those 34 just recently changed their systems to make all mail-in be their policy or made absentee voting much less closely supervised? "Most" would be my guess.
The five states that are all mail in made that decision last year or earlier. As for the second question, I'm not sure how to answer it since you aren't giving me anything quantifiable. What do you mean by "made absentee voting much less closely supervised"?

Upvote 0