Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And I'll say I read Playboy for the articles.... LOL Reading here is fun sometimes, K.
:(

I'm not sure exactly what you mean Willie. I really don't get any sort of secret thrill from horror stuff. I really do look away during the violent scenes. But it really is a gripping interpersonal drama. Heartbreaking sometimes though.

On the one hand though, I'm truly not wishing to be invested in how people see me. Trying to look "as good as possible" isn't good for me spiritually. If one happens to have any particular virtue (and I'm not saying I do), then it's better not to have anyone notice. Being praised for virtue leads to being puffed up, and it's something I don't even want to be tempted in. Pretending to have a virtue just so someone will notice and praise it is even worse, maybe.

But on the other hand I'm rather grieved if I'm coming off as a hypocrite for the sake of I don't want to represent Christ's Body in that way.

I'm not sure what to to make of your comment.

Many times it's probably better that I don't speak. But I still find myself in somewhat isolation, since every day in my job I work with different people, and never get to know anyone. And my parish is far enough away that I don't really get to socialize with anyone there outside of Church. So, sorry to say, I guess this forum is my outlet. (Along with a few friends on Facebook.) So sometimes I probably speak when it might be better not to, given the public nature of forums. But there are folks online I truly do consider friends, as well as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:(

I'm not sure exactly what you mean Willie. I really don't get any sort of secret thrill from horror stuff. I really do look away during the violent scenes. But it really is a gripping interpersonal drama. Heartbreaking sometimes though.

On the one hand though, I'm truly not wishing to be invested in how people see me. Trying to look "as good as possible" isn't good for me spiritually. If one happens to have any particular virtue (and I'm not saying I do), then it's better not to have anyone notice. Being praised for virtue leads to being puffed up, and it's something I don't even want to be tempted in. Pretending to have a virtue just so someone will notice and praise it is even worse, maybe.

But on the other hand I'm rather grieved if I'm coming off as a hypocrite for the sake of I don't want to represent Christ's Body in that way.

I'm not sure what to to make of your comment.

Many times it's probably better that I don't speak. But I still find myself in somewhat isolation, since every day in my job I work with different people, and never get to know anyone. And my parish is far enough away that I don't really get to socialize with anyone there outside of Church. So, sorry to say, I guess this forum is my outlet. (Along with a few friends on Facebook.) So sometimes I probably speak when it might be better not to, given the public nature of forums. But there are folks online I truly do consider friends, as well as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Kylissa, never worry about coming off as a hypocrite; you are the last person I would think of as being hypocritical...ask any of the TAWers and all those on TT...you are NOT hypocritical.

Honestly, I consider you to be a voice of reason, and someone who reaches out to many. I say this only to assure you that you are a blessing here to us all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kylissa, never worry about coming off as a hypocrite; you are the last person I would think of as being hypocritical...ask any of the TAWers and all those on TT...you are NOT hypocritical.

Honestly, I consider you to be a voice of reason, and someone who reaches out to many. I say this only to assure you that you are a blessing here to us all.
You are too kind, dear sister.

It was a beneficial little exercise for me to think about. Sometimes I just type my thought processes out in here, partly because I feel I'm among friends, and partly because it helps me to really get a handle on what's going on. I'm still very new to Orthodoxy. And partly because I can count (I hope!) on being corrected if I need it. No point in creating a false persona, given any of those reasons.

I'm just aware that sometimes things we say or do in the Church, or words we use, etc., can be misunderstood by others. And except for Church, TAW, and FB, I live in a non-Orthodox world. Folks around here are often Baptist, or Pentecostal, or non-denom, or unbelievers, (a few others as well), or a few Catholic. But I'd be shocked to just happen to meet an Orthodox person. And of course, my family is all non-Orthodox (except an ex-sister-in-law and that was more a matter of following her priest than the Church). So I'm just very careful, not wanting to create even more misunderstanding. "Internet Orthodoxy" especially has created enough problem without me inadvertently adding to it, if I can help it.

That and I really do value Willie as a friend and a brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the point of posting this here is.....what exactly.....?
See, K, I told you this is the typical response. I said nothing, whatsoever, about, EO, but the automatic defensiveness kicks in. You wonder why I hold the opinion we talked about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
See, K, I told you this is the typical response. I said nothing, whatsoever, about, EO, but the automatic defensiveness kicks in. You wonder why I hold the opinion we talked about?
But if you will be fair dear brother ... I certainly try to see the good in everything, and I was rather grieved by your cryptic message. If you poll a number of people and ask what you meant - well, I won't spell that out. And you didn't mention the Orthodox Church, but you did say "reading HERE is fun sometimes" ... "Here" is the EO forum. So at the very least, you should be willing to admit that it strongly implied you were connecting your reply to the Orthodox in some sense.

I'm not trying to argue about what you said, or give you a hard time. But I think if you are truly honest with yourself, it ought not surprise you that someone asked for clarification?

Please understand - we are looking at and responding to words on a screen. There is no body language, no intonation. I'm not saying this is the case (I can't know anyone's feelings or motives) but one could possibly read Matt's query as asking for clarification, and your response as defensive. But I'm willing to believe you meant nothing bad by it. Can you believe that of someone else?

As an aside, something I find interesting. I finally buckled down and really took my SF's suggestion regarding my prayer rule, and the results, thank God, were a tremendous blessing. But IMMEDIATELY on the heels of that, the last 24 hours have seen a great deal of upheaval. Your comment is by far the least of it all (I actually forgot it and didn't count it with the other three when I was first reflecting on it) ... But the last 24 hours have seen me as the witness of or the target of three other fairly intensely upsetting incidents, all involving faith, Church, or God. I'm sure a lot of people will understand that.

I'm still interested in what you actually meant if you want to share, any discussion, or if you prefer we can let it drop. Please forgive me if I've offended you in any way. God be with you!

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume you meant what I was referring to about watching The Dead thing? I was chuckling at the remarks about "the interpersonal" attraction. (The other should be obvious from our PM's.)

No one starts watching a gory Zombie show, thinking, "Oh, this is going to be a deep series about personal interaction between the actors." There was only one thing advertised about that series, and that was killing a bunch of flesh eaters.

Just as the only thing a young kid picks up a Playboy for is the fact that he is pretty sure he's going to see the type of pictures he expects. There's really no difference. Each went to their specific "entertainment" for the obvious reasons...... that they wanted to look at what was advertised.

And, really, there is no problem with that. If you like it, you like it. So what? I just saw a bit of humor in attempting to deflect focus from the original attraction.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as the "HERE" goes.... Where did you and I talk for hours, months ago? It was on whatever room of this HERE forum we happened to open in the <NEW POSTS> section. I almost never open any specific forum room on any site. I always go to simply the <NEW POSTS>. Frankly, this is not a very inviting nor entertaining forum room (EO). I only responded because I saw your name, and I know you to be a great conversationalist who thinks.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I assume you meant what I was referring to about watching The Dead thing? I was chuckling at the remarks about "the interpersonal" attraction. (The other should be obvious from our PM's.)

No one starts watching a gory Zombie show, thinking, "Oh, this is going to be a deep series about personal interaction between the actors." There was only one thing advertised about that series, and that was killing a bunch of flesh eaters.

Just as the only thing a young kid picks up a Playboy for is the fact that he is pretty sure he's going to see the type of pictures he expects. There's really no difference. Each went to their specific "entertainment" for the obvious reasons...... that they wanted to look at what was advertised.

And, really, there is no problem with that. If you like it, you like it. So what? I just saw a bit of humor in attempting to deflect focus from the original attraction.
Ah, that makes sense.

Actually - in this one case, you are wrong. Though I can see your point. :)

I wasn't working last year, my husband was out of town for most of the year, my daughter moved out. I was a bit bored. I had watched all the series on Netflix I was interested in. Somehow most of this came up on casual conversation here. Our friend Gurney is a fan of the Walking Dead, as well as several other shows with themes I normally wouldn't watch. He was saying how great the story and characters were, so that really IS why I watched it. The story was in fact good, enough so to offset the zombie parts, though only just barely. And I really don't watch those bits. I very much wish they had made the same story with another premise (which they could have). But I guess gore sells to most people, so anyways ...

But no, I'm sorry, that really went completely over my head. Possibly because I really did watch for that reason. Gurney recommended three series, as I recall. TWD I watched. Another I watched some episodes but quit. And the third I didn't watch (or there may have been four). But at any rate TWD was the only one of those I had an interest in the story (sorry Gurney!). And that was how I came to watch it.

I haven't watched a true horror-only movie (just for the sake of horror) in more years than I can remember, though over the past 20 years I've watched maybe a half-dozen (I'm being generous with that) that might be properly termed "suspense". But no, I really don't go in for horror. I quit those by my late teens or early 20's.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As far as the "HERE" goes.... Where did you and I talk for hours, months ago? It was on whatever room of this HERE forum we happened to open in the <NEW POSTS> section. I almost never open any specific forum room on any site. I always go to simply the <NEW POSTS>. Frankly, this is not a very inviting nor entertaining forum room (EO). I only responded because I saw your name, and I know you to be a great conversationalist who thinks.
Well, I think a lot of posters come here from the "New" list and don't realize where they are.

But, dear brother, you and I both know that at times you've made no secret of the fact that the EO is not your favorite Church. ;) So, please forgive if some took your comments to mean what they could easily be taken to mean.

I'm actually the opposite, btw. For a long time I never realized we had a "new posts" button. I always came through the rooms. :)

God be with you, and thanks for the clarifications.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, that makes sense.

Actually - in this one case, you are wrong. Though I can see your point. :)

I wasn't working last year, my husband was out of town for most of the year, my daughter moved out. I was a bit bored. I had watched all the series on Netflix I was interested in. Somehow most of this came up on casual conversation here. Our friend Gurney is a fan of the Walking Dead, as well as several other shows with themes I normally wouldn't watch. He was saying how great the story and characters were, so that really IS why I watched it. The story was in fact good, enough so to offset the zombie parts, though only just barely. And I really don't watch those bits. I very much wish they had made the same story with another premise (which they could have). But I guess gore sells to most people, so anyways ...

But no, I'm sorry, that really went completely over my head. Possibly because I really did watch for that reason. Gurney recommended three series, as I recall. TWD I watched. Another I watched some episodes but quit. And the third I didn't watch (or there may have been four). But at any rate TWD was the only one of those I had an interest in the story (sorry Gurney!). And that was how I came to watch it.
My apologies, then.
I haven't watched a true horror-only movie (just for the sake of horror) in more years than I can remember, though over the past 20 years I've watched maybe a half-dozen (I'm being generous with that) that might be properly termed "suspense". But no, I really don't go in for horror. I quit those by my late teens or early 20's.
My apologies, then.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I think a lot of posters come here from the "New" list and don't realize where they are.

But, dear brother, you and I both know that at times you've made no secret of the fact that the EO is not your favorite Church. ;) So, please forgive if some took your comments to mean what they could easily be taken to mean.

I'm actually the opposite, btw. For a long time I never realized we had a "new posts" button. I always came through the rooms. :)

God be with you, and thanks for the clarifications.
You're correct in that...... but only to a point. Yes, I have been to the GO church, and as you well know, it is not my thing. But, that goes for any heavily Liturgical assembly. I even feel phony sitting in a Lutheran service. I actually know nothing, personally, about the EO group except for what I have seen here (meaning the 'local' HERE, this time), and a little checking out of them on the internet.

Of course, I cannot deny that my opinion has been heavily influenced by the far-less-than-hospitable treatment I have consistently received here. At one time I was even <REPORTED> for posting a very humorous video my church group did about Communion misconceptions. (totally derived from what we have, in our group, experienced from main stream Protestant congregations... since most of us hardly even knew the EO existed) They said I was "teaching". This was as foolish a comment as could have been made about that video, but I hit the defensive EO nerve, and the reaction was instinctive.

And you already know about that character, "Orthodoxy". That guy, alone, is probably the most negative representative that has ever breathed the word EO.

But, my main reason for not digging this religion is not anything to do with EO, itself, but simply that I disdain Liturgy.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You're correct in that...... but only to a point. Yes, I have been to the GO church, and as you well know, it is not my thing. But, that goes for any heavily Liturgical assembly. I even feel phony sitting in a Lutheran service. I actually know nothing, personally, about the EO group except for what I have seen here (meaning the 'local' HERE, this time), and a little checking out of them on the internet.

Of course, I cannot deny that my opinion has been heavily influenced by the far-less-than-hospitable treatment I have consistently received here. At one time I was even <REPORTED> for posting a very humorous video my church group did about Communion misconceptions. (totally derived from what we have, in our group, experienced from main stream Protestant congregations... since most of us hardly even knew the EO existed) They said I was "teaching". This was as foolish a comment as could have been made about that video, but I hit the defensive EO nerve, and the reaction was instinctive.

And you already know about that character, "Orthodoxy". That guy, alone, is probably the most negative representative that has ever breathed the word EO.

But, my main reason for not digging this religion is not anything to do with EO, itself, but simply that I disdain Liturgy.
No apologies necessary. My case is a bit unusual, and it was a simple misunderstanding then. With anyone less weird than me, you would have been right.

As to the Liturgy, believe it or not, I understand. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE our Divine Liturgy, and have from the first one I attended. But way back when, someone sent me a YouTube video of a DL, and I saw it was around an hour and a half or two hours. I listened to a bit. And what I didn't say to them but what was true - is that I very much disliked it. I skipped around to different points. Nope, all like that. And to know it would be the SAME thing EVERY week, I thought I'd never get through the month or three another poster suggested I try at each kind of church.

Of course, my actual experience - was I felt like I'd been transported to heaven itself. For days the litany "Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy" would play beautifully in my mind for hours. It was a transformative experience.

Then maybe two weeks ago, I heard a priest on a podcast say something like "if a person wasn't engaged with Orthodox spirituality and attended a Divine Liturgy, not only would they be terribly bored, but they would think everyone there was just going through the motions of a dead religious activity". I was SHOCKED to hear an Orthodox priest say such a thing! But when he explained (and I may have condensed more of his message into my "quote") then I saw what he meant, and agreed. If it's all meaningless to you, very possibly it would seem like a long , dreary, purely "religious exercise". I had been well-prepared, and probably had great benefit from that.

But yes, just walking in, I can see it. My first Liturgy was actually at a Lutheran Church. No insult to my dear Lutheran friends, but I didn't really understand much of what was going on, couldn't follow along, and the chanting sounded awful. It was really a dreadful experience. (Though I was probably much kinder or at least more politic if I reported on it here.) The only redeeming factor was that it lasted only an hour, after which time I didn't feel like I'd even been in Church.

But if your experience with an Orthodox Liturgy was like that, by chance, then I can understand.

Most people I know don't come in off the street or anything but are fairly well-prepared as I was. I'm not sure in your case?

But at any rate the forum has its ups and downs, and is made up of human people. Lord forgive me, I have bad days myself sometimes, and also look back on some stages of my growth in Christ and cringe. So I try my best not to judge anyone. There's enough temptation in life to do that as it is.

God be with you. :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

only asked because of the topic at hand, and what that had to do with it. nothing defensive at all

plus, this is not the first time you have posted on here Willie

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
only asked because of the topic at hand, and what that had to do with it. nothing defensive at all

plus, this is not the first time you have posted on here Willie
Don't you even see it? There you go again. What? I've committed a crime by posting a completely benign comment to a friend on your sacred grounds?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you disdain liturgy, you'd hate the ancient Church then, because they were quite liturgical. The Didache shows us this and so does Scripture. In fact, often people see the term "minister" in English translations when Blessed Paul speaks of himself. Technically the word he uses in Greek means "liturgist!"

The worship of Christ Jesus should be liturgical. It is a drama that unfolds that repeats throughout the ages. Christ our True God is sacrificed at Calvary for our sins and the throng of the heavenly Hosts are there, God the Father looks down, the Theotokos His Mother is with Him, and so are we. It is a triumphal pageantry that took place 2,000 years ago, and each time there is a Divine Liturgy, Christ's glorious conquest of death and His Triumph on the Cross is re-presented for us. And thanks to liturgy, we get the awesome honor of actually participating in the self-same moment at calvary through the mysteries of an awesome God.

If you view liturgy this way, and see that it is an ACTIVE participation in a timeless (truly) event 2,000 years old and counting, that God brings His Very Self to us to be our spiritual and tangible meal so that we might touch the divine, then you'll see liturgy not as some repetitive silly script with a bunch of goofy liturgy fans. You'll see it's a LIVING odyssey upward to the heavens, not some bland monotone bunch of old fuddy-duddies.

Most people who don't like liturgy want something dynamic, hip, cool, modern, something to stave off their A.D.D. or drifting minds. They want to be inspired and hear a dang good sermon that grabs 'em and wakes them up with a call to action. They want to hear praise bands, drums and bass guitars and giant screens with pastors who have microphone units. I just don't see how the technology and hipster tendencies of modernity could hold a candle to the ancient liturgy that was

a) good enough for men like St. John Chrysostom
b) practiced in the Jewish synagogue by the first Christians
c) universally practiced in various forms by the ancient Church
d) continues the glories of the re-presentation of Calvary coupled with the kingliness of incense, the majesty of an altar, the beauties of a choir, the richness of icons, the symbolism of heaven and earth with the iconostasis wall, the wording of our Father Among the Saints, the Real Presence of Christ, a shower of blessings, a nice sermon, and divine grace

Yes, liturgy is predictable...but so is the constant love of God. I don't see the need to "shake things up" with God. We don't need a dynamism with worship. We're not there to learn so much as grow and be supernaturally zapped with grace, glory, praise, love, and hope from on-high.

What I recommend to you, brother, is to sit down and read the entirety of the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church online. You can read it for free. Just Google it. Read and study it page by page and you'll see it a divine ascent to the heavens. You'll see it not only has everything you need, but more! It is grounded in history, rich linguistics, and each and every moment is steeped in meaning. It's a bit daunting a task, but it's a rich tapestry.

Try to view things through the eyes of the ancients, not the modern flavor of the week entertainment didactic approach we've all been taught is somehow more palatable.

You are indeed welcome here at all times, but when you rip on liturgy or showing videos from your church, though I didn't myself report you, don't be surprised if you are. If the video has any sort of didactic element whatsoever and it contradicts the Holy Orthodox faith, don't be surprised if people find it a funky sort of teaching tool of sorts. St. Justin's is the best place to share such things with questions or debating, etc.

Like Kylissa, I'm glad you're here. But keep an OPEN MIND to the One True Church that Christ created---ours. Orthodoxy is the real deal. I'm a guy with English, German, Irish blood who grew up Roman Catholic and spent years as a quasi-Protestant Anglican about as Western and Red blooded 'merican as you can get....yet I converted to a religion predominant to Russia, Serbia, Greece, and other Eastern block lands. Go figure! If you'd have told me I'd make such a conversion a decade ago, I'd tell you that you'd have sampled some of Mr. White's blue meth from Breaking Bad. No way I'd convert to those long-bearded Eastern exotic icon-kissin' folks! Yeah? Well think again! We did! LOL

God has a funny way of smacking us upside our head with new ways of seeing and learning about Him.

Keep an open mind, brother.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Don't you even see it? There you go again. What? I've committed a crime by posting a completely benign comment to a friend on your sacred grounds?

no, I just wondered what that has to do with this thread, and cited that I remember you from before. again, nothing defensive and I noticed that you did not answer my question what your post has to do with this thread.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gurney ... Our priest has a mic ... ;)

But then again, I think it's necessary. We have mics hung over the choir also.

My SF sent me a pamphlet on the Divine Liturgy, and wants me to go over it every Liturgy until I know what is being represented by every part in the booklet. I've just about gotten to the point where I can bring every thing to mind at the proper point. But there were many things in that little pamphlet that I'd never heard before. I must say though, it adds even MORE to what was already a pretty rich experience. But not everything is in there. I'm sure there's a lot more to learn.

I knew there was a reason the Hosanna was one of my many favorite parts!

Just want to be agreeing with you. That and among my earliest experiences in the Church was the time leading up to Pascha. I truly did feel as though I was THERE with Christ the week of His crucifixion. And that was before I had any idea that such an experience is the intent of those services.

I'm continually amazed. All from what I once thought was a mostly repetitive (and probably boring) ritual.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gurney ... Our priest has a mic ... ;)

But then again, I think it's necessary. We have mics hung over the choir also.

My SF sent me a pamphlet on the Divine Liturgy, and wants me to go over it every Liturgy until I know what is being represented by every part in the booklet. I've just about gotten to the point where I can bring every thing to mind at the proper point. But there were many things in that little pamphlet that I'd never heard before. I must say though, it adds even MORE to what was already a pretty rich experience. But not everything is in there. I'm sure there's a lot more to learn.

I knew there was a reason the Hosanna was one of my many favorite parts!

Just want to be agreeing with you. That and among my earliest experiences in the Church was the time leading up to Pascha. I truly did feel as though I was THERE with Christ the week of His crucifixion. And that was before I had any idea that such an experience is the intent of those services.

I'm continually amazed. All from what I once thought was a mostly repetitive (and probably boring) ritual.
No sweat on the mic, K. I went to the CoC for 12 years, and we played our version of the very same tape, swearing we were emulating the 1st century church while we sat in our pews, showered by the A/C, under the electric lights, with the restrooms in the rear of the auditorium, right beside the water cooler...... while listening to the mic the preacher used.

I'm used to that line. Used it for years, myself. So, it's nothing new, and I don't hold anyone's feet to the fire for all those claims. We all know Jesus never established anything like the elaborate buildings we worship in.

Upvote 0