LDS Why mormons believe angels are less than gods?

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
As I said
Try definition #2 directly under the one you got from Google:

"a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister."

That's Mormonism. Relative to Christianity as a whole, you're a small group whose beliefs and practices are strange (not sure about sinister; you'd probably find a wide variety of views on that question across Christianity).

There's also another definition of cult that you might have missed:

"a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing."

Some people (e.g., me) would probably see LDS veneration of Joseph Smith as an example of this.
As I said, every religion can be defined as a cult by definition. There is an old saying that the pot is calling the stove black, or if the shoe fits wear it. Well the shoe fits so every religion can wear it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have indeed pointed out many scriptures from the Bible that agree with what I believe

No you haven't!! They do not agree with your fantasies, you twist them to give them a meaning they do not have is the best that you have ever done.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No you haven't!! They do not agree with your fantasies, you twist them to give them a meaning they do not have is the best that you have ever done.
I gave the scriptures the way they are in the Bible. If people can not understand them it is no fault of mine.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I gave the scriptures the way they are in the Bible. If people can not understand them it is no fault of mine.

Yes, you quote them correctly, but you read them as though they support your prophets ideas---which they do not and never have. Such as "the sons of God shouting for joy" means we existed before being born! It says no such thing! And the fact that the bible does not say that Adam knew Eve until after the fall---means that they could not have had children until the fall when it says clearly that God had already given them the command to be fruitful and multiply---but your prophet comes up with that if Satan had not tempted Eve, Eve would NEVER HAVE HAD CHILDREN!! It says no such thing!!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you quote them correctly, but you read them as though they support your prophets ideas---which they do not and never have. Such as "the sons of God shouting for joy" means we existed before being born! It says no such thing! And the fact that the bible does not say that Adam knew Eve until after the fall---means that they could not have had children until the fall when it says clearly that God had already given them the command to be fruitful and multiply---but your prophet comes up with that if Satan had not tempted Eve, Eve would NEVER HAVE HAD CHILDREN!! It says no such thing!!
There are a lot of things that the Bible does NOT say. For instance electricity is not mentioned even once. How old were Adam and Eve when they were in the garden? does the Bible say they were old enough to have children before they expelled? Does the Bible say that Jesus is the only son of God? Why does the spirit RETURN to God when we die? Why are spirits angels and angels spirits? Who are the sons of God and He the Father of spirits? Why did the rich man's spirit end up in Hell when he died?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of things that the Bible does NOT say. For instance electricity is not mentioned even once. How old were Adam and Eve when they were in the garden? does the Bible say they were old enough to have children before they expelled? Does the Bible say that Jesus is the only son of God? Why does the spirit RETURN to God when we die? Why are spirits angels and angels spirits? Who are the sons of God and He the Father of spirits? Why did the rich man's spirit end up in Hell when he died?

Again, That does not mean that we can say electricity will save us instead of Jesus does. What is not mentioned, is not an excuse to change what has been said about a subject OK to make up something different about it. The rich man is a parable, not a treatise on the state of the dead. Abrahams bosom is not big enough for every saved person to go to. And a drop o0f water isn't going to provide relief to anyone and the passage itself says that there is a great gulf---fixed--between the dead and the living not to mention the fact that Jesus said what the passage is about---

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Even if o0ne rose from the dead---not that they do.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Again, That does not mean that we can say electricity will save us instead of Jesus does. What is not mentioned, is not an excuse to change what has been said about a subject OK to make up something different about it. The rich man is a parable, not a treatise on the state of the dead. Abrahams bosom is not big enough for every saved person to go to. And a drop o0f water isn't going to provide relief to anyone and the passage itself says that there is a great gulf---fixed--between the dead and the living not to mention the fact that Jesus said what the passage is about---

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Even if o0ne rose from the dead---not that they do.
I have met people who have risen from the dead.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have met people who have risen from the dead.

LOL!! Some peole believe anything! I had a NDE---twice---it went black. NDE's are experienced according to belief. You've been shown that over and over and refuse to believe it---

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
(Psa 6:5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

(Psa 88:10) Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

(Psa 88:11) Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
(Psa 88:12) Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
(Psa 115:17) The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
(Isa 26:14) They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

(Psa 88:5) Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand

(Mat 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
(Luk 20:38) For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

You have the right to believe whatever you want--- I choose to believe what the bible says. God alone is immortal and God alone gives life. A hallucination brought on by lack of oxygen is not being raised from the dead. Yes, people can be raised from the dead, the disciples did it and there are about 12 instances of it throughout the bible---there is not one thing that a single one of those people had to say about the experience. The real Lazarus, that Jesus raised after 4 days---not one word about being in heaven or hell. If he went to heaven, why bring him back? If he went to hell, why leave him there for 4 days? Either would be cruel!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LOL!! Some peole believe anything! I had a NDE---twice---it went black. NDE's are experienced according to belief. You've been shown that over and over and refuse to believe it---

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
(Psa 6:5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

(Psa 88:10) Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

(Psa 88:11) Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
(Psa 88:12) Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
(Psa 115:17) The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
(Isa 26:14) They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

(Psa 88:5) Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand

(Mat 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
(Luk 20:38) For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

You have the right to believe whatever you want--- I choose to believe what the bible says. God alone is immortal and God alone gives life. A hallucination brought on by lack of oxygen is not being raised from the dead. Yes, people can be raised from the dead, the disciples did it and there are about 12 instances of it throughout the bible---there is not one thing that a single one of those people had to say about the experience. The real Lazarus, that Jesus raised after 4 days---not one word about being in heaven or hell. If he went to heaven, why bring him back? If he went to hell, why leave him there for 4 days? Either would be cruel!
Too bad it went black for you, but it does not go black for everyone. Thousands of people have had near death experiences. Here is one from the Bible:

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 12:2 - 4)

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Too bad it went black for you, but it does not go black for everyone. Thousands of people have had near death experiences. Here is one from the Bible:

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 12:2 - 4)

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

There is not one word here that says that this man had died. It says that a man had a vision of heaven. It says Paul didn't know if he had gone there bodily or not.
My NDE was just black because do not believe you go to heaven or hell at death. A Hindu will have a NDE of seeing their god's. So do those of other religions. It depends on their believes, even their believes that they had been thinking about, but not yet fully embraced, such as a Buddhist having a Christian NDE because he had been thinking about it. And the term is near death experience. It is not an after death experience. The ones in the bible were definitely after death. Esp. Lazarus, after 4 days, and he had nothing to say. Not one person have had their head cut off and come back to tell us all about it. The brain has been shown to continue to function at some level for a few seconds after death. There are people that have been dead for several hours and come back. I was personally present at one death where I was one of the ones doing the CPR, I was a Resp. Therapist at the time. We had been doing CPR for quite some time, but the monitor remained flat lining. The doctor called it, and the nurses began to remove all the IV's and I was cleaning up----They were about to take the monitor leads off when all of a sudden---she kicked in! We were in shock---she fully recovered, and left the hospital 2 weeks later. She had no recollection of anything at all. They have done many CPR's on people who have survived, with no recollection of anything.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is not one word here that says that this man had died. It says that a man had a vision of heaven. It says Paul didn't know if he had gone there bodily or not.
My NDE was just black because do not believe you go to heaven or hell at death. A Hindu will have a NDE of seeing their god's. So do those of other religions. It depends on their believes, even their believes that they had been thinking about, but not yet fully embraced, such as a Buddhist having a Christian NDE because he had been thinking about it. And the term is near death experience. It is not an after death experience. The ones in the bible were definitely after death. Esp. Lazarus, after 4 days, and he had nothing to say. Not one person have had their head cut off and come back to tell us all about it. The brain has been shown to continue to function at some level for a few seconds after death. There are people that have been dead for several hours and come back. I was personally present at one death where I was one of the ones doing the CPR, I was a Resp. Therapist at the time. We had been doing CPR for quite some time, but the monitor remained flat lining. The doctor called it, and the nurses began to remove all the IV's and I was cleaning up----They were about to take the monitor leads off when all of a sudden---she kicked in! We were in shock---she fully recovered, and left the hospital 2 weeks later. She had no recollection of anything at all. They have done many CPR's on people who have survived, with no recollection of anything.
So why would an atheist become a minister after their NDE:

Home - Howard Storm

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So why would an atheist become a minister after their NDE:

Home - Howard Storm

And why not? Even a dream can affect us. It is still -- a NEAR DEATH. I've known people who have become ministers who had been wild, and evil. Had a dream, about God and changed completely. It doesn't have to even be an NDE. I've had dreams of heaven, beautiful highly colorful, and woke up crying from joy. My NDE's were black, as have been countless others. My husband had a cardiac arrest while in the hospital--they brought him back--he remembered nothing. He was on a vent for a week. He came home under hospice for 2 days and died in my arms. And he gave his heart to the Lord before he died. I know it was sincere.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And why not? Even a dream can affect us. It is still -- a NEAR DEATH. I've known people who have become ministers who had been wild, and evil. Had a dream, about God and changed completely. It doesn't have to even be an NDE. I've had dreams of heaven, beautiful highly colorful, and woke up crying from joy. My NDE's were black, as have been countless others. My husband had a cardiac arrest while in the hospital--they brought him back--he remembered nothing. He was on a vent for a week. He came home under hospice for 2 days and died in my arms. And he gave his heart to the Lord before he died. I know it was sincere.
What happened to people see what they want to see? Howard Storm decided there was nothing after death, but he found God instead. His was quite an experience. You should find out what happened.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What happened to people see what they want to see? Howard Storm decided there was nothing after death, but he found God instead. His was quite an experience. You should find out what happened.

I know what happened! And again---these are NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES---not AFTER DEATH--

No one has come back after having their head cut off to say anything about it! Again---Lazarus was resurrected after 4 days---not one single word did he say about it. As far as I kno9w---he is the only one to have come back after 4 days dead---0which is why Jesus waited so long. Also in Jewish tradition, the soul of the person does not die until the 3rd day. Jesus went past the 3rd day on purpose to show the Jews, He actually resurrected a dead man.

What This Notorious Atheist Saw During His Near Death Experience | (churchpop.com)

Of those who've had NDE's none have been where they had expired more just a few minutes, the brain continues to function at a different level, up to 10 min. after death---so far. Which is far longer than what they thought, which was 4 minutes. The NDE's alter the brain, permanently. They can hear their own death being pronounced by the doctor.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ing-death-after-eeg-study-research-a7620131.h

Aftereffects of the Near Death Experience | Psychology Today

So yes, the NDE's have been according to a person's believes---Hindu's see their gods--those Hindu's who have been thinking about Christianity have had NDE's of a more Christian view.
My NDE's were just after no longer than a minute.

There is new research that the brain continues to function---at a far different level, for a longer period of time but the research is still on going. There is a research taking place that will be finished in about 3 years. We can still hear what is being said, our brains turns that into seeing what we hear up until 10 minutes after death. Give me an NDE that has been 4 days after death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I know what happened! And again---these are NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES---not AFTER DEATH--

No one has come back after having their head cut off to say anything about it! Again---Lazarus was resurrected after 4 days---not one single word did he say about it. As far as I kno9w---he is the only one to have come back after 4 days dead---0which is why Jesus waited so long. Also in Jewish tradition, the soul of the person does not die until the 3rd day. Jesus went past the 3rd day on purpose to show the Jews, He actually resurrected a dead man.

What This Notorious Atheist Saw During His Near Death Experience | (churchpop.com)

Of those who've had NDE's none have been where they had expired more just a few minutes, the brain continues to function at a different level, up to 10 min. after death---so far. Which is far longer than what they thought, which was 4 minutes. The NDE's alter the brain, permanently. They can hear their own death being pronounced by the doctor.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ing-death-after-eeg-study-research-a7620131.h

Aftereffects of the Near Death Experience | Psychology Today

So yes, the NDE's have been according to a person's believes---Hindu's see their gods--those Hindu's who have been thinking about Christianity have had NDE's of a more Christian view.
My NDE's were just after no longer than a minute.

There is new research that the brain continues to function---at a far different level, for a longer period of time but the research is still on going. There is a research taking place that will be finished in about 3 years. We can still hear what is being said, our brains turns that into seeing what we hear up until 10 minutes after death. Give me an NDE that has been 4 days after death.
Here is one that was after 3 days:
Dr. George Rodonaia – NDE | NDE Stories
Here is one after 22 days:

Stresses destroy people's ability to control and hamper time

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I had already mentioned the Russian one in my post.

And the other is about people who fell asleep, and other such things--one for 22 years. She was asleep, not dead.
I know that NDEs like the one George Ritchie had do not agree with your beliefs. Many of the people who have them come back with increased awareness and abilities. Their lives have remarkable changes. They find it hard to put into words what they have experienced. Perhaps your NDEs were just sleep, but for many others their NDE was an awakening.
NDE Accounts

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know that NDEs like the one George Ritchie had do not agree with your beliefs. Many of the people who have them come back with increased awareness and abilities. Their lives have remarkable changes. They find it hard to put into words what they have experienced. Perhaps your NDEs were just sleep, but for many others their NDE was an awakening.
NDE Accounts

I've read many accounts, and these also are the same---they are NEAR DEATH, not days after death. A lot of these aren't even that they died. Most are dreams that happened with oxygen deprivation. You hav4 found nothing new, nothing that I haven't read many times before. You are fishing, I doubt you even read these---and mean read--not just glance through in the hopes they must prove your point. They do not. There is no life after death, not until the resurrection. The bible says so and the people who have seen dead people (I mean actually dead people like long dead and buried relatives and friends) have been fooled by Satan and his demons. We have many people in our denomination, and other churches, that have had to deal with these apparitions and when they were told to go away in the name of Jesus---they vanished. I still ho9ld fast to all that I have said. You have not proved anything different. There are hundreds of people who have had NDE's and all have been within minutes of death while the brain is still able to have a function, I gave you links to those. The latest research shows the brain continues to have a function up to 10 min after death. Most NDE's are seconds to minutes after.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I've read many accounts, and these also are the same---they are NEAR DEATH, not days after death. A lot of these aren't even that they died. Most are dreams that happened with oxygen deprivation. You hav4 found nothing new, nothing that I haven't read many times before. You are fishing, I doubt you even read these---and mean read--not just glance through in the hopes they must prove your point. They do not. There is no life after death, not until the resurrection. The bible says so and the people who have seen dead people (I mean actually dead people like long dead and buried relatives and friends) have been fooled by Satan and his demons. We have many people in our denomination, and other churches, that have had to deal with these apparitions and when they were told to go away in the name of Jesus---they vanished. I still ho9ld fast to all that I have said. You have not proved anything different. There are hundreds of people who have had NDE's and all have been within minutes of death while the brain is still able to have a function, I gave you links to those. The latest research shows the brain continues to have a function up to 10 min after death. Most NDE's are seconds to minutes after.
I have READ over 50 NDE books and been to many IANDS meetings. I have watched many NDE videos as well and seen many interviews of people who have had NDEs. I am convinced that NDEs are real and what people who have had NDEs (as they are called) have experienced being outside their bodies and have been shown amazing things even things that have not yet happened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0