At Sea
✟14,982.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
In the creationist only thread Jesusfreak133 is using the bizarre argument that fossils on top of mount Everest are the result of a Noachian flood.

This proves that he has no understanding of geology and has never heard of plate tectonics.

Here is a wikipedia page explaining how the himalayas were formed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_the_Himalaya

Here is a site with some pretty pictures of the himalayas.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5112/bio.html

The basic idea is that the Himalays were formed by the collision of the Indian plate ( moving northwards ) into the Asian plate, this isn't controversial as the collision is still happening today and can be measured by GPS.

Between the indian and Asian plates was an ocean basin, this contained marine sediments that included fossils. The collision forced these sediments up to the highest reaches of the himalayas.

That is why there are marine fossils ontop of mount Everest.

The wikipedia page is quite technical but there are plenty of links to follow and anyone of reasonable intelligence should be able to follow the evidence.

Good luck to the creationists:thumbsup:

jesusfreak133

Dec 16, 2006
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. This is jesusfreak133. I'm honored(and at the same time insulted) that you mentioned me and i'm impressed that you did your research.Unfortunately, it is totally rediculous. True, the plates are still moving, but when was the last time a 20,000 foot mountain appeared? How can an earthquake cause a mountain so monsterous to form? Plates still collide today, but nothing like that has happened before, and can't be an effect of an earthquake. Besides, what is so unbelievable about a global flood?
The flood is being taught in college as a fact, and is acknowledged to be true in over 200 civilations. They all talk about a great flood. Also, it wasn't just fish. Whales were fossilized on top of the mountains as well. It was also mentioned in historical articles backed up by archaeological findings.
And last but not least, the flood brought about the ice age. When it started raining, the atmosphere lost its protection of radiation. It never rained until that time, and the earth lost its canopy of water. Once the flood was over, the temperature of the earth dropped so rapidly and dramatically that the ice age took place in certain areas of the world. It happened so fast that they have fossils of woolly mammoths with food digesting in their stomach.

Upvote 0

Baggins

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
At Sea
✟14,982.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
NO you mentioned the himalays, but I don't see how that would impact on my rebuttal.

Please read the links provided and use them to make a start on a scientific education.

Your arguments would become much stronger if you knew a little about what you claim to be able to disprove, at the monet most people with scientific educations on this board ( christians and non-christians alike ) will be finding it hard not to laugh at you because you show such a poor grasp of basic scientific concepts.

Arm yourself with an education in science and you may be able to stop them laughing and start them thinking.

Upvote 0

jesusfreak133

Dec 16, 2006
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and by the way, over 25,000 scientists agree with what I say. They are some of the worlds greatest minds, and if you think my grasp is too vague, talk to them if you can. If you can't, look for a book called "in six days." It has a lot of info and is written by fifty different scientists. They are teaching in the best colleges of the U.S. So tell your laughing colleagues that when you insult me, you insult them.
P.S. The scientists who believe this come from every aspect of science. Mechanical engineering, biology, biochemistry, medical research, physical chemistry,physics, mathematical physics,genetics, organic chemistry,horticulture science,inorganic chemistry,mathematics,botany,theoretical chemistry, medical physics, and geophysics. I don't think that you are right and they are all wrong.

Upvote 0

jesusfreak133

Dec 16, 2006
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sure, i'll name ten.
1-Jeremy L. Walter-mechanical engineering
2-Jerry R Bergman-Biology
3-Keith H. Wanser-Physics
4-Ker C. Thompson-geophysics
5-James S. Allen-genetics
6-Timothy G. Standish-biology
7-Stephen Grocott-inorganic chemistry
8-Edward A Boudreaux-theoretical chemistry
9-John M. Simbala-mechanical engineering
10-Angela Meyer-horticulture science
Do you want more? I can keep naming them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jesusfreak133

Dec 16, 2006
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another human-like bone is the left pelvic bone. This bone is complete and is used to prove Lucy walked upright.The problem is that this bone does not prove upright walking. Donald Johanson believes the bone has been distorted by some means. And yet, there is no other pelvic bone with which to compare it. The bone as it stands, more likely shows Lucy to have walked on all fours!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.