Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here in Southwest Virginia....

1. My Pentecostal Holiness pastor has a Masters Degree from Liberty
2. Many Baptist preachers hold degrees from Liberty
3. Many of all denominations and independents hold degrees from Liberty
4. I helped support a niece through Liberty, who latter went on to work at Virginia Tech
5. Liberty University represents the Moral Majority, a prominent American political organization associated with the Christian right and Republican Party.
6. Liberty University represents Christianity on planet earth.

The name Liberty University is now associated with scandal, which takes from the luster of anyone associated with them or who holds a degree from there. I understand Liberty is now investigated their former leader.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerry-falwell-jr-liberty-university-investigation-scandal/

All of which is serious stuff that the former president needs held accountable for. When I was associated with the GARBC (If I remember right) me and some buddies at youth camp took some boats out when we were supposed to be in chapel. A day did not go by until I was before the leadership giving an account of what happened and I had to put together an explanation good enough for them to believe I would not do that a second time.

Christ represents us in the heavens!
We represent Christ on the earth!

All of which is serious stuff!

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

4. I helped support a niece through Liberty, who latter went on to work at Virginia Tech
5. Liberty University represents the Moral Majority, a prominent American political organization associated with the Christian right and Republican Party.

The name Liberty University is now associated with scandal, which takes from the luster of anyone associated with them or who holds a degree from there. I understand Liberty is now investigated their former leader.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerry-falwell-jr-liberty-university-investigation-scandal/

All of which is serious stuff that the former president needs held accountable for. When I was associated with the GARBC (If I remember right) me and some buddies at youth camp took some boats out when we were supposed to be in chapel. A day did not go by until I was before the leadership giving an account of what happened and I had to put together an explanation good enough for them to believe I would not do that a second time.

God's judgment on Liberty?

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well put no. 6 (throw in Bannon, JP II of the Body Theology).

Falwell senior (who slid down a slippery water slope in his suit) is seen (smirkingly) clutching a Scofield Bible - moral segregationism, and Manifest Destiny - how much indeed are they the cause of "BLM" (for example)?

Most churches in the UK even, have probably been crypto-Scofieldist for decades.

Look at the bloodcurdling affiliations of his trustees.

He has acceded to his reward on earth.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
None can know Gods' truth unless they seek God for it. You will not find God's truth from Liberty. In the days of JESUS it was not the scholars of the day (Scribes and Pharisees) that knew Gods' Word. It was the humble fisherman that God taught his truth. Unless God is our guide and teacher as we seek him through his Word we cannot know God's way which are higher then our ways. *Jeremiah 17:5-8; Jeremiah 29:13; John 14:26; John 16:13; John 7:17; John 16:13; John 17:17; 1 John 2:27; Hebrews 8:11.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was dear to the heart of Jerry Falwell Sr that all have an opportunity to receive a college degree.. This scandal would not have set well with him!
You need to look at what he taught and how it alienated vast portions of the world from Christ by his unconditional support for Israel. Innocent bloodshed? Terrorism?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Luberty's academics are mediocre at best. Their seminary is atrocious. It deserves judgment but not because of Falwell's hidden sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Liberty is not the first.

Look at Baylor's track record. Murder on the basketball team, to conceal NCAA violations. Not even the state schools do that. Covering up rape, going up to the top levels of leadership.

What's with slapping the title, "Christian" on a school, then they do things even the secular schools consider too morally reprehensible?

• Informative
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hoping this post is not overly gossipy, my feelings are much of the evil was instigated via the wife, who reportedly took the troublesome pictures. It is almost like reading Old Testament stories of Ahab and Jezebel. And... Reading news articles I do not believe Jerry Jr sees his activities as sinful. Then.... Yes! Dear friends! The board of Regents is very much in the right for seeking to purge unrepentant sin, seeking holiness and strengthening themselves academically.

Jerry Jr does not see his actions as sinful! "I called Nasser and asked him exactly what sin I committed," Falwell said...

Liberty University campus pastor apologizes for Falwell's 'sinful' behavior

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Happy that at a grad school fair a decade or more ago I talked a student into coming to the law school I was representing even though Liberty was after this student. She was a fantastic student, we loved having her! I know why they were interested in her but my school was a better match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hoping, for the student body's sake, that the University quickly disposes of this matter by hiring a replacement who has a strong reputation. It looks like the board and the school's backers are on the right path, but I cannot be sure of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And an article that sheds light on activity which can be described as terribly sinful, in which possibly millions of dollars were paid in hushmoney...

Trump-Tied Evangelist Funded Fontainebleau Pool Attendant's Miami Beach Real-Estate Deal
The article states:

Jerry Falwell Jr., the evangelist son of world-famous Southern Baptist minister Jerry Falwell Sr., runs a hardcore-Christian university and often acts as the public face for the American evangelical movement.
Since when was he an evangelist?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hoping, for the student body's sake, that the University quickly disposes of this matter by hiring a replacement who has a strong reputation. It looks like the board and the school's backers are on the right path, but I cannot be sure of that.
If they weren't Dispensationalists I'd agree with you. But I think all Liberty students would be better off in a school more solidly linked to historic Christianity.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If they weren't Dispensationalists I'd agree with you. But I think all Liberty students would be better off in a school more solidly linked to historic Christianity.

1. If I lived closer by I would attend Liberty University
2. If I lived closer by I would attend The Thomas Road Baptist Church
3. Jonathan Falwell has done a great job representing Christ and in the pastorate.

I believe had Jerry Falwell Jr married better and made more of a commitment as a Christian the story would have turned out much better. I attended the Virginia Christmas Spectacular a few years ago and it was really done well. I am in basic support of the the ministries... But grieve and sorrow over the terrible decisions made by Jerry Jr and wife.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. If I lived closer by I would attend Liberty University
2. If I lived closer by I would attend The Thomas Road Baptist Church
3. Jonathan Falwell has done a great job representing Christ and in the pastorate.

I believe had Jerry Falwell Jr married better and made more of a commitment as a Christian the story would have turned out much better. I attended the Virginia Christmas Spectacular a few years ago and it was really done well. I am in basic support of the the ministries... But grieve and sorrow over the terrible decisions made by Jerry Jr and wife.

I steer clear of any church with ties to Falwells. Won't let them and JWs on the porch when they canvas neighborhoods.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I steer clear of any church with ties to Falwells. Won't let them and JWs on the porch when they canvas neighborhoods.
I am a member of the Pentecostal Holiness church but visit all denominations. In this day and time I believe the church influenced by the Laodicean age, which I believe has had an impact on all. I therefore do not promote any certain denomination. The Thomas Road Baptist church is independent. It is too bad, I believe, that the spirit of the Laodicean age took effect on Jerry Jr and wife.

Upvote 0